Thread: VI Me

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I didn't want to say it, but he doesn't look like he has an ounce of Se in his whole body.
    What type do you think he is?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The style and attitude of his posts exclude ENFj for me. I just don't relate. I can see the Fe though. Alpha then. The style of the post is percieving. I just don't see the aim for structure or the calm writing. Therefore ENTp/ISFp. Both types have been mentioned before. So many people are VI'ing him as ISFp, so I don't dare to say that he is ENTp. I don't know enough ISFp men to really exclude that type.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually am prone to agreeing with discojoe or heathiep on this one. some IXFp. ISFp seems to make more sense.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive the tardiness of my replys, I've been away at work for the past six hours.

I know a number of INFps who brag about the very same thing.
    Oh, but their enjoyment doesn't come from making the point that they know more than the other person...
    their enjoyment comes from using the religion's texts/beliefs/etc to disprove an aspect of the religion's claim/belief/etc.
    It's the irony of it that they enjoy about it.
    So, since it's making the point of knowing more rather than enjoying the irony of disproving A by using A...my INFp thought may not apply them.

Don't get me wrong when I say I get a thrill from knowing more than religious people, I do find it extremely funny. The irony of me knowing more about something which I completely disregard than somebody who devotes their life to such a thing is really really funny. I'd say it's about 50% humour and 50% 'thrill of the chase'.

The main impression I get is of a highly vocal, verbally profuse, and gregarious person. He says he is a loud person, gets along with pretty much everyone, and even the people he "despises" he enjoys playing around with rather than ignoring or avoiding them. He's a fast talker and "hates" people who can't express themselves up to his speed. He easily gets embroiled in debates taking place around him on religion and beliefs. Indifference might be the last trait you would ascribe to him. He craves social stimulation and involvement and lives "for happiness, not intellect." Social interaction with different kinds of people is a form of "entertainment" rather than primarily a way of, say, "learning new things." He is sensitive to social processes (what people are saying and doing to each other) and stands up for people or systems that are being wronged, and apologizes to people if he attacks their religion too hard and hurts their feelings.

Very accurate. Although I think your being a bit to complimentative to me when I talk about people that I despise - If I do hate somebody, which is usually very rare, I really hate them. The amount of people in life that I hate could easily be counted up with the fingers on two hands. I'm not very forgiving either, if somebody screws me over it's usually for life. Suffice to say I don't bear grudges lightheartedly.
    I don't 'hate' people that can't keep up with me in conversations, maybe that was to strong a word. It just frustrates me ... slightly.
    Generally in life I find it easier to make freinds by debating points with people than making small talk. Usually if I really like someone, I show how much I care for them by doing stuff for them; just kind gestures and the like. I kind of keep my emotions and feelings to myself because I don't really want to burden anyone with them - people usually have enough stuff to worry about already.

Oops. Didn't mean to post that in all caps, lol.

It was funny

Hm... I was thinking more ESE or EIE, actually. What I don't really see is a case for an Extraverted Intution type.

Please excuse my lack of detailed knowledge in socionics; could you please explain to me what this means?

I didn't want to say it, but he doesn't look like he has an ounce of Se in his whole body.

Again I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge; should I be offended ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... I was thinking more ESE or EIE, actually. What I don't really see is a case for an Extraverted Intution type.

Please excuse my lack of detailed knowledge in socionics; could you please explain to me what this means?
    You can find more information on Rick's site:

http://socionics.us/types.shtml

ESE (aka ESFj) and EIE (aka ENFj) both have Extroverted Ethics () as their leading function.

http://socionics.us/theory/be.shtml

Extroverted Intuition ():

http://socionics.us/theory/bi.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Pegs
    I know a number of INFps who brag about the very same thing.
    Oh, but their enjoyment doesn't come from making the point that they know more than the other person...
    their enjoyment comes from using the religion's texts/beliefs/etc to disprove an aspect of the religion's claim/belief/etc.
    It's the irony of it that they enjoy about it.
    So, since it's making the point of knowing more rather than enjoying the irony of disproving A by using A...my INFp thought may not apply them.

Don't get me wrong when I say I get a thrill from knowing more than religious people, I do find it extremely funny. The irony of me knowing more about something which I completely disregard than somebody who devotes their life to such a thing is really really funny. I'd say it's about 50% humour and 50% 'thrill of the chase'.

The main impression I get is of a highly vocal, verbally profuse, and gregarious person. He says he is a loud person, gets along with pretty much everyone, and even the people he "despises" he enjoys playing around with rather than ignoring or avoiding them. He's a fast talker and "hates" people who can't express themselves up to his speed. He easily gets embroiled in debates taking place around him on religion and beliefs. Indifference might be the last trait you would ascribe to him. He craves social stimulation and involvement and lives "for happiness, not intellect." Social interaction with different kinds of people is a form of "entertainment" rather than primarily a way of, say, "learning new things." He is sensitive to social processes (what people are saying and doing to each other) and stands up for people or systems that are being wronged, and apologizes to people if he attacks their religion too hard and hurts their feelings.

Very accurate. Although I think your being a bit to complimentative to me when I talk about people that I despise - If I do hate somebody, which is usually very rare, I really hate them. The amount of people in life that I hate could easily be counted up with the fingers on two hands. I'm not very forgiving either, if somebody screws me over it's usually for life. Suffice to say I don't bear grudges lightheartedly.
    I don't 'hate' people that can't keep up with me in conversations, maybe that was to strong a word. It just frustrates me ... slightly.
    Generally in life I find it easier to make freinds by debating points with people than making small talk. Usually if I really like someone, I show how much I care for them by doing stuff for them; just kind gestures and the like. I kind of keep my emotions and feelings to myself because I don't really want to burden anyone with them - people usually have enough stuff to worry about already.
    ESTp (SLE) still makes sense. Although I wouldn't discount ENTp (ILE) just yet.

Again I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge; should I be offended ?
    No, but I'll let FDG take this one.

my life is a pursuit of happiness not intellect. I'm also a little bit more self-concious than the description on the personality seems to suggest.
    Could you elaborate on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my life is a pursuit of happiness not intellect. I'm also a little bit more self-concious than the description on the personality seems to suggest.

Could you elaborate on this?
    Quotes taken from the description on the personality page:

INTPs value knowledge above all else
    Not true, i'm quite content in saying alot of the people I get on with arn't really striding for intellectual supremacy in life. I really do not judge people by their intelligence. Some of the people I get on with are the most stupid and lovable cunts you will ever meet. Some of them had drug problems and still are/were alcoholics. Due to a series of unfortunate events with an alpha male figure I can't really hang around with this lot, but God do I miss them. Some of them were the most genuine, loyal and kind people you could ever meet - even though a casual passer-by would probably look on them negatively.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people
    True, but if I see somebody doing something that could be improved upon, I give them a hand - but not in a domineering way. I'd expect somebody else to do the same for me.

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings.
    Not true. I do my best to be empathetic in all situations that involve people. Recently a girl I know cheated on her boyfreind and everybody crowded round with their torches and pitch-forks to say how much of a slut and a whore she was. For a starter what she does in her spare time is none of the angry mobs fucking business anyway. Secondly, I know she comes from a really screwed up back-ground. I probably felt sorry for her because she is a total babe, but I like to think that generally I take account of her circumstances. At the end of the day she's a teenage girl.
    They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security.
    I would like to be popular along with the next man; it may just be my age though and the fact i'm still in school. Eventually I want security though, I want a wife, kids and a nice house. More the wife.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to a series of unfortunate events with an alpha male figure I can't really hang around with this lot, but God do I miss them.
    hey, do tell us about this alpha male guy. this could be some insight into your type?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i changed my mind. your focus is almost entirely on the people with whom you interact, and not necessarily the consistency or practicality of your actions at all. that has to count for being an ethical type. my bets are on alpha SF, more likely SEI just because you don't seem all that gregarious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have a habit of thinking half the world is Delta so my feeling about this isn't the most reliable, but I can't help getting an ENFp vibe off him.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Due to a series of unfortunate events with an alpha male figure I can't really hang around with this lot, but God do I miss them.
    hey, do tell us about this alpha male guy. this could be some insight into your type?
    Well, I was best freinds with the guy until we just turned on eachother. It's about the girl. I was freinds with his girlfreind and him before the both of them hooked up. Hell, before they hooked up he tried to hook me up with her. She was reasonably pretty and she had a great personality (if a little bit tough at times), but I never really had any romantic interests in her. He seemed to think differently - slowly over the course of the first three months they were going out things kind of grew hostile between us as using his words he thought that "I wanted on her". Eventually when we were both drunk one night he took a swing at me and I didn't swing back. My other drunk freinds broke the fight off and then I walked back home and slept it off. He's a pitiful, shallow, self-harming, pretentious, pompous, mocking, insencere and deeply disturbed little shite - but I can't really condemn him. Again he had a pretty fucking horrible childhood and people are always only a product of their environments so he is what he is because of how he grew up. I just never want to talk to him ever again.

you don't seem all that gregarious
    I do enjoy my alone-time and my time with others equally. In my alone-time I get to recharge my batteries, talk about myself on socionics forums and just satisfy my curiousity about things. In my time with others I get a chance to have fun and entertain myself. I like a healthy balance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I love Jazz, Metal and Classical Music for their complexity over crap like Hip-hop and RnB.
    Not really something an ISFp would say. Even sounds like niffweed, no?
    So full of shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that guy is not a sensor.
    asd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    that guy is not a sensor.
    why not?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going back to my initial guess of ISTp (SLI). Pegs's tone is very even and, yes, lacking in both Se and Fe. I hope there is some resolution to this.

By the way, personalitypage is not a Socionics website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going back to my initial guess of ISTp (SLI). Pegs's tone is very even and, yes, lacking in both Se and Fe. I hope there is some resolution to this.
    What do you mean by that?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, quite a polarized typing situation here. Do you have any more photo/video material?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by that?
    Put very simply:

Se: aggression
    Fe: emotional expressiveness

You can find a description of ISTp in the Type Descriptions forum.

I do my best to be empathetic in all situations that involve people. Recently a girl I know cheated on her boyfreind and everybody crowded round with their torches and pitch-forks to say how much of a slut and a whore she was. For a starter what she does in her spare time is none of the angry mobs fucking business anyway. Secondly, I know she comes from a really screwed up back-ground. I probably felt sorry for her because she is a total babe, but I like to think that generally I take account of her circumstances. At the end of the day she's a teenage girl.
    If I am interpreting this correctly, this shows that you like respecting people's personal autonomy (whereas another type might favor active involvement) and you value close relationships over superficial emotional expression, as would be found in a group setting.

Don't worry about the notation so much at this point. It could easily get confusing. (If it hasn't already )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, I got lost in the psycho-babble four pages ago

I wish there was some website that made learning socionics easier, like maybe abbreviating them into 'lessons' and such, I'd just like something I could work from.

I thought I'd jot down a few more details about me;

- I'm very last minute; at the moment I'm writing a paper for Macbeth that has to be handed in tomorrow. Fun.
    - I'm grossly impractical. I asked my brother how many of me did he think it would take to change a lightbulb, he said twenty . I actually went to the extent of bringing my lamp from my bedroom into the study so I could see and write.
    - I don't like slackers.
    - If I have been given a set task I really read between the lines (in a philosophical sense) sometimes to the point of perhaps missing the question entirely. If you want I can post my Macbeth work on here, maybe you can deduce something from it.

As far as more photos and videos go, I'll see what I can do.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I don't like slackers.

( :wink: )
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops. Apparently I have bad Se and Fe functions anyway so I wouldn't take any offence

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "slacker mom" thing is somewhat tongue-in-cheek anyway. I started taking my daughter to soccer classes and someone said I seemed like a pretty unlikely soccer mom, and I said I'm more of a slacker mom than a soccer mom. LOL. I'm more of an ADHD mom probably.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    The "slacker mom" thing is somewhat tongue-in-cheek anyway. I started taking my daughter to soccer classes and someone said I seemed like a pretty unlikely soccer mom, and I said I'm more of a slacker mom than a soccer mom. LOL. I'm more of an ADHD mom probably.
    Good. The world needs more people with ADHD. They spruce life up

My nickname's Polska. I told the entire rugby team i used to play with that I was an adopted Polish orphan and I kept it going on for two weeks. I told them that my grandparents had moved from Poland during the war. After I confessed that I was not in fact of Polish descent (and after much hilarity), the nickname stuck.

Oh, I've also seen people relate music to quadras on these forums so here are a few of my favourite songs via youtube. The fourth one is actually quite a good watch.

Art Tatum - Ain't Misbehavin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCsPtw-80g[/youtube]

Muse - Apocalypse Please

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nit4p3QMQ[/youtube]

Killswitch Engage - Reject Yourself (Excuse the stupid AMV, try to listen to the music)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gdas5E0-y8[/youtube]

Dream Theater - I Walk Beside You

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNd5f3UD70[/youtube]

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI or ILI, by VI. ATC, IEI is my guess.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    IEI or ILI, by VI. ATC, IEI is my guess.
    OIC OK

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the general concensus is that i'm an IEI? Are there any specific traits that I should check myself for?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the general concensus is that i'm an IEI? Are there any specific traits that I should check myself for?
    Fluffiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no general consensus on your type whatsoever. i have no idea how you invent a consensus based on the guesses presented in this thread.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    I'm a nerd.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck are you trying to do?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at these:

http://socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

Which one do you like the sound of the most, and why? Think of them in a general sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck are you trying to do?
    Lighten up.

Which one do you like the sound of the most, and why? Think of them in a general sense.
    To me the Alpha quadra seems a little bit to nice, going to places just 'for the fun' of things isn't quite my style.

Beta sounds a hell of a lot more like my kettle of fish, the whole 'dramatic self-expression' thing is very interesting to me. Out of all the four quadras these guys sound like the most fun and entertaining. Probably more likely to contain 'interesting' and motivated people aswell.

Gamma sounds pretty boring. I'm not really into the 'direct' humour, I think people are funnier when they beat around the bush and mess about more.

Delta again seems a little bit serious for my tastes. Sometimes in life you really just have to do things for the hell of it.

Overall I think that beta seems most attractive.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd buy IEI. At this point it makes a lot of sense. You value Se, but you don't use it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what you've read about Delta might not really give our "spirit" or whatever if you don't think we ever do things just for the hell of it.

I know Rick says there that we only engage in "productive" things but I don't know if I agree with that - or else maybe our definition of "productive" is pretty loose. An ISTp is perfectly happy to take a nap every day of his life, and that isn't particularly productive. I'm happy to goof off for hours at a time if it's fun, or just wander around seeing if anything is happening if I'm bored. That isn't "productive" either - although it is productive for me in that it feeds my needs.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I think what you've read about Delta might not really give our "spirit" or whatever if you don't think we ever do things just for the hell of it.

I know Rick says there that we only engage in "productive" things but I don't know if I agree with that - or else maybe our definition of "productive" is pretty loose. An ISTp is perfectly happy to take a nap every day of his life, and that isn't particularly productive. I'm happy to goof off for hours at a time if it's fun, or just wander around seeing if anything is happening if I'm bored. That isn't "productive" either - although it is productive for me in that it feeds my needs.
    Those descriptions need some work (they are a year old). It's a daunting task to take them beyond the basic "popular" level. The point isn't really to "be productive," but to frame one's motivations for doing things in vs. terms. So a SLI may do what you're describing, but explains that it's "better" or more "useful" to do that than to not do it. This is as opposed to doing similar relaxing or recreation in the Alpha Quadra, but making it an emotional, "fun" event rather than focusing on the mechanics and benefit of the activities.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I meant when I said that it's productive *for me* to wander around searching for fun things that are happening, because anything that ends boredom is productive *for me*, but from an objective standpoint that isn't really very productive. And I'm positive my husband finds his naps productive. In fact, he's said that it makes him more able to do other things if he's well rested. But from the outside it probably looks very much like laziness. LOL.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I have more recent pics. Took these today when I was doing a music video for the school dixieland band.

Me and the Sax player Tom.

My trumpet and I.

Any more thoughts?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do remind me of a couple of people I knew years ago. Unfortunately I haven't typed them. One is a very successful DJ. I thought he was ENTp, but in hindsight he could have been ISFp. He was a friend of my ENTp brother. I still think you're not a Se type and I'd even exclude Se from your Super-ID function. In less words, I still think you're on the Si/Ne axis in stead of Se/Ni. (and in even less words, I still think you're either alpha or delta.)

sorry, that wasn't very helpful.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you exclude these photos from your first post because you kind of look like a hobbit in them? ahahah in a good way of course.
    I'm really not sure of your type based on V.I., but i suspect this is not what you'll look like in 2-3 years and definitely not the way you'll look the majority of your life.

oh and another note: The pictures of the two guys is really interesting-- you can really see a typical sensor look(left) compared to a typical intuitive look(right) in the first photograph.
    asd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12