Thread: Type Fluctuation ^^;

TIM
    Decisive Introvert
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Type Fluctuation ^^;

So I've been pondering this for awhile. I kind of thought of myself to be an ILI. And as I considered all the other types and I think I can safely assume I'm not a Judicious Extrovert (ILE/ENTp, IEE/ENFp, ESE/ESFj, & LSE/ESTj). Maybe ILE and IEE are the likelier options, but after more careful consideration, I'm nowhere near as chaotic and spontaneous as them so no lol.

I wondered if maybe I were an LII because I did do some regular 16 personalities tests and got INTJ, but I kind of always considered LIIs/INTjs to lack common sense when it comes to social affairs and I think I consider myself to be a socially graceful person. Not sure if it's highly developed role Fi though.

Sometimes I get the sense that I get taken advantaged a lot and I'm not always sure of that so I considered that maybe I have Se trickster/PoLR? But I'm kind of fairly defensive and distrustful if I even get a minor whiff of suspicion in relationships so.... Maybe all of this is leaning into ESI/ISFj lol.

I don't know if I consider myself to be as disciplinarian like ESIs tho... But I know how to look at things realistically more than maybe an EII/INFj would. I think I know EIIs are also capable of defending themselves but maybe they have more of that child-like idealism about the world that I just don't think I have.

I wondered if maybe I would be an IEI/INFp. I don't think I have that natural Ne affinity to brave through new concepts but maybe I have a tendency to see things through rose-tinted glasses the way a romantic would. But maybe that could be my Fi instead of Ni? Hard to say.
    I may have Te trickster/PoLR. Hard to say if a life of productivity is rewarding in its own right or just unbearably miserable to me. Hard to say if that's Te PoLR or Te Suggestive.

I'm just not sure if I'm an IEI or ESI because I feel like I haven't really hung out a lot with many SLEs or LIEs. I feel like some SLEs are kind of a little concerning sometimes but I do appreciate their strong will. (Maybe I've bonded with some through Supervisory relations?) Maybe I've never been with one long enough to see their demonstrative Te in action and compare that to a Te dominant. Maybe then I would know for sure.

As for LIEs, I do remember one person who was in one of my electives class for a program I was studying. Coincidentally we all did a 16 personalities test that day and he got an ENTJ. (I'm pretty confident too that he's also a socionics LIE just from the way he carried himself). He kind of seemed materialistic, yet also detatched. (I've noticed that he'd love to browse through Amazon for like, new gadgets like shoes or watches or something lol. But he was never really ostantatious about it which makes me think Se hidden agenda lol.) His emotions seemed to be fixed, but he just seemed to always be in a good mood. (Fe role). Then this one day, I think one of our teachers asked us a question for us to answer (I don't remember what the question was) and this guy gave the most depressing answer, something to the effect that "emotions don't matter". All that was years ago but I still remember it from how completely out-of-left-field that answer was. And weirdly enough at the time, I felt like I agreed with him. In fact, I've always had thoughts that my own emotions didn't matter and I had issues expressing them. So I thought maybe that was indicative of Fe Trickster/PoLR. I have issues with dealing with loud expressive people sometimes so I thought maybe I was an ILI (or SLI). But maybe I have Fe ignoring/control. A desire to restrict emotional expressions because I consider them immature and unrefined as an Fi dominant.

I'm kind of an emotional person though but maybe Fe is something that isn't easy for me to control consciously the way say an IEI would.

I still don't know if I could say I'm an ESI though. Ne PoLR really sounds horrible honestly ^^; Being so afraid without knowing exactly what it is to be afraid of. Afraid of potential dangers, etc. Maybe in some way I've been very, very slowly have been trying to overcome that.

Hard to say. Well, I'm interested in feedback if anyone has any.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal. Took me more than 10 years to find the right type for myself. Growing up helps. Terms in typology become less conceptual and can be connect to real life when you start to understand life.

Also, if you are looking for someone else to type you, try to find someone who can come back to check on you. I have experienced stages in which I was very confident about my typing of other people, and only to find out that I have typed people the exact opposite of who they actually are. I would have kept the wrong impression of types, if I didn't spend time to actually work with them, observing their actions/decisions continuously and as a result corrected mistyping from the easy stereotypes of theoretical typing descriptions. Typing and understanding people is a journey and there's no end to it.

TIM
    Decisive Introvert
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have someone I regularly talk to and get along with. They did one of the tests and got SLI (it fits them pretty well honestly. They're studying something they have a genuine interest and love for and enjoys getting into the nitty-gritty on some technical issues and aspects) Honestly I felt like I was an ILI because we seemed to both have a lot in common in a lot of things, but I tend to be more philosophical while he tends to be more grounded, but we seem to rub off on each other a lot. It seems like there are no barriers in communication like it's generally said for in Business/Look-alike descriptions.

I think if I'm being really honest here I don't really think I'm that good at following certain complex technical issues. So maybe that's why I say I'm moreso leaning onto IEI or ESI. I think I'm good at following directions, but maybe I'm not good at creatively imposing new technical methods or something. (Te Suggestive/PoLR)

I feel though that I have like some days where I have like say... I guess emotional conflagrations? I guess it seems normal when life becomes too overwhelming for me and I just start spewing emotionally. I feel really bad about it afterwards and just want to pretend like it never happened. Maybe that's an Fi thing. The emotional spewing part is probably maybe an Fe thing ^^; I don't really think I'm gung-ho on Fe matters like EIE or ESE. EIE seems more amusing to me (maybe either as my mirror or mirage?) ESE is ironically myserious to me. (maybe as my contrary or supervisee?)

Anyway I read something on a website I believe Gulenko made? He said something like, "In personality, there's a changeable outer shell with a stable inner core". Something like that. I think sociotypes are the inner core that's usually elusive to many because of the outer shell that's more easily percievable and mistake that as someone's type. When it comes to typing others, I've been getting fairly good at it though. When it comes to me? I guess not so much lol.
    Last edited by Anomallie; 06-26-2024 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more info

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't have a clear idea of your own type or you mistype yourself, when you type others, you can only follow other people's theories and established examples of people who have been typed by experts (there are mistypes).
    Once you have a clear and accurate idea of your own type, you can then start to analyze your own cognitive structures for more nuances in functions, and use interpersonal dynamics to further understand other people's types.

The latter part is particularly important for Ni/Se people, who may have a liberal (imprecise) understanding of SiNe texts in typology systems. Only when they start to develop "real" Ni/Se understandings of themselves and of the world, can they have a true grasp of typology. Knowing the Ni essence of the Se world will make typology truly fun for them.

For Si/Ne people it's different. I've seen famed figures in the field mistyping themselves (LSE and SLI mistyping as LII), and their typing of others are inaccurate. However, their writing of types and functions are still somewhat accurate, which is puzzling to me.

I think it's because Si/Ne people are very keen and precise with the SiNe body of work (imo fixed texts and knowledge); so even when their typing/understandings of the real things are full of mistakes, their writing, following the SiNe traditions/systems of many previous experts, remained somewhat legitimate and have values.
    Compared to knowing the Ni essence with what's happening in the Se world, it's more important for them to have a precise understanding/place of the SiNe systems (both in terms of knowledge and in terms of status).

TIM
    Decisive Introvert
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiorale View Post
    If you don't have a clear idea of your own type or you mistype yourself, when you type others, you can only follow other people's theories and established examples of people who have been typed by experts (there are mistypes).
    Once you have a clear and accurate idea of your own type, you can then start to analyze your own cognitive structures for more nuances in functions, and use interpersonal dynamics to further understand other people's types.

The latter part is particularly important for Ni/Se people, who may have a liberal (imprecise) understanding of SiNe texts in typology systems. Only when they start to develop "real" Ni/Se understandings of themselves and of the world, can they have a true grasp of typology. Knowing the Ni essence of the Se world will make typology truly fun for them.

For Si/Ne people it's different. I've seen famed figures in the field mistyping themselves (LSE and SLI mistyping as LII), and their typing of others are inaccurate. However, their writing of types and functions are still somewhat accurate, which is puzzling to me.

I think it's because Si/Ne people are very keen and precise with the SiNe body of work (imo fixed texts and knowledge); so even when their typing/understandings of the real things are full of mistakes, their writing, following the SiNe traditions/systems of many previous experts, remained somewhat legitimate and have values.
    Compared to knowing the Ni essence with what's happening in the Se world, it's more important for them to have a precise understanding/place of the SiNe systems (both in terms of knowledge and in terms of status).
    I guess maybe you're right. I'm trying to also understand what my type could be based on how well I get along with people of certain types. I feel though I'm probably an ESI. I've thoroughly read and studied (even written my own conclusions) on the cognitive functions too based on my own observations and how they manifest in Model G.

You say "liberal". I think maybe it would be more accurate to say "nebulous". A nebulous understanding. You could be right about that.

What do you mean by "Si/Ne" texts though? I might need more clarification on that lol.

I agree though. There are some famed figures that are kind of completely off the mark in typing others lol. I guess if you barely understand yourself you're prone to misunderstanding others(?)

But I mean I need more clarification on what you mean by "Si/Ne" texts and bodies and how that differs from Ni/Se. Because I mean, I don't necessarily consider Ni as "essence". I think from the way it's percieved behaviourly it probably does seem that way, but I think Ne users are just as capable of getting to the "essence" of issues. (with observing and demonstrative Ni). They may not be able to wield it as effectively compared to types who have it in their ego block and know how to use it consciously, but it's still can be fairly formidable.

I think Ni is moreso "detachment" if anything. Being able to observe things from a passive perspective (rather than perveiving things in the moment like Si or directly impacting one's physical environment like Se). Ni can certainly sometimes look like they can find the real essence of issues, but I mean, the reason why Ni is archetypally nicknamed "time" or "temporal intuition" is that on some level, Ni egos direct the course of events in a subtle way. So basically if an Ni ego is saying that something will happen, it wouldn't be correct to say that they aren't at some fault for causing it to happen in the way that it resulted. I think it's no coincidence either that their romance style is nicknamed "victim" since Ni egos sometimes lack any real agency or direction over their own lives (lack of Se willpower).

I guess you could say they probably fluctuate​? Hard to say lol.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try a video with a typing thread to get opinions on your type

I'm kind of an emotional person though but maybe Fe is something that isn't easy for me to control consciously the way say an IEI would.
    lack of conscious control of emotions usually mean for T types: suggestibility, suppression. we feel our own emotions less, are more unsure of them and hide them more often. but when they surface, we are less in control of them
    to be consciously emotional is an F trait