Thread: Am I INFj or ENFP? (Video typing)

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Am I INFj or ENFP? (Video typing)

I've been typed as INFj on SOCIONICS but I've also been typed ENFP before but that was on 16p.

It was recommended that I post a video to help with typing. I recently started a YouTube channel so I thought that would actually help with typing.
    Let me know what you guys think

https://www.youtube.com/@audreyinboston

Also, feel free to add/subscribe me, I need some online friends Would appreciate the support. Thanks to anyone who has input. My videos make me feel more like ENFP-ish when I make them.

Merci beaucoup!

p.s.
    I feel that it is possible I could be an ISFj

Thanks!

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got your first subscriber !

Lack is the Muse of all Poets

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool thanks so much!! Let me know what you think!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, audreyhope.

I see an introvert with high Si. You seem to have lots of Fe and your decor is Alpha. You seek Ti information. I'd say that you are an SEI.

SEIs are the boss of their Duality, even though they are introverts, and they are Caregivers, so they can seem to be both "in control" and extroverted, but they are introverts.

Welcome to the forum.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ESE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your dog reminds me of the one in the game Ghost Trick. anyway, I think you are an IEI, which corresponds to INFJ in MBTI
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 for SEI

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not INFj
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Disillusionment and acceptance qaz00's Avatar
    TIM
    you know better
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C-SEI-Fe

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikite iru View Post
    your dog reminds me of the one in the game Ghost Trick. anyway, I think you are an IEI, which corresponds to INFJ in MBTI
    I just looked up the dog - that is so cute haha

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, audreyhope.

I see an introvert with high Si. You seem to have lots of Fe and your decor is Alpha. You seek Ti information. I'd say that you are an SEI.

SEIs are the boss of their Duality, even though they are introverts, and they are Caregivers, so they can seem to be both "in control" and extroverted, but they are introverts.

Welcome to the forum.

So interesting, thank you! When you say my decor is Alpha; what do you mean by that?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audreyhope View Post
    I just looked up the dog - that is so cute haha
    not sure if it's your kind of game but the dog plays a large role in Ghost Trick, especially in the plot-twist near the end, which is very creative. part of the game plays in a restaurant funnily (it's a chicken restaurant, though), and it's crime/murder with comedic elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEgifwgqBU

I watched this video. I think the part around 1:40 makes it very clear you are not an extrovert but you will find 20 different opinions on this site, even though only 16 types exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So interesting, thank you! When you say my decor is Alpha; what do you mean by that?
    Socionics divides the sixteen individual sociotypes into four Quadras, each of which shares the same "values" among its four members.

Alpha quadra (Si/Ti/Ne/Fe) has values in common which prize openness, democracy, public virtue, and intellectual accomplishment.
    Beta quadra (Se/Ti/Ni/Fe) has values which prize strength, public service, and rationality.
    Gamma quadra (Se/Te/Ni/Fi) has values which prize strength, individuality, capitalism, and change.
    Delta quadra (Si/Te/Ne/Fi) has values which prize taking profits, personal comfort, individuality, and tradition.

Alpha decor is clean, light, bright, intellectually interesting, and modern. Not a lot of convolutions or complexity, no darkness, and lots of interesting surprises to come upon. It's a lot like Gamma decor, but is more Si and less Se. Gamma decor will also be abstract, but in bold, primary colors. Te/Ni/Se/Fi.

In one of your videos, you show some paintings on the wall. Very mid-century modern. Very Alpha. Very Frank Lloyd Wright, who was ESE. I like them.

I have tons of photos of decor and architectural styles, but there are too many to list here. However, this forum does have a thread in which each Quadra has an architectural preference, although that's not clear unless you know the sociotypes of the posters, and the thread could be a lot better than it is. https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ful-Home-Decor
    Your preference in decorating is Alpha.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-24-2024 at 09:42 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

valued Fe

TIM
    Blackhole role
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not convinced of SEI, Audrey. My wife is confirmed SEI and i don't see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEgifwgqBU

You play around with possibilities more than the type, to me.

ISFJ MBTI speak are rules bound meaning a bit rigid with protocol in the way something is done by the book. Like, anything is learned and it is kept that way, it is cataloged and referenced in a museum of past ideas.

If my wife learns something, she says it is hard to learn it another way, it takes a lot of time to adapt to new methods. That is her vulnerable function, with low Ne.

How would you change the world Audrey? A test question for you. N vs S type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krzT8HCyC5E

You resemble the Fe types to me in this channel. ^
    Last edited by Distance; 06-24-2024 at 10:22 PM.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

A little better makes better more
    ♦♦

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not very accurate typing Fe users when they are very young. Fe puts a mask over every action and young people are usually not confident enough to show other parts of themselves. Good luck on your channel.

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    I'm not convinced of SEI, Audrey. My wife is confirmed SEI and i don't see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEgifwgqBU

You play around with possibilities more than the type, to me.

ISFJ MBTI speak are rules bound meaning a bit rigid with protocol in the way something is done by the book. Like, anything is learned and it is kept that way, it is cataloged and referenced in a museum of past ideas.

If my wife learns something, she says it is hard to learn it another way, it takes a lot of time to adapt to new methods. That is her vulnerable function, with low Ne.

How would you change the world Audrey? A test question for you. N vs S type.

I honestly was surprised I could be a Fe user! I'm very caring about others but I've always felt very Fi! Like I feel like I have very strong values.
    Since I was young I did notice there was a lot of suffering in the world and since then I have tried to just do my best to be kind to everyone to spread positivity. I think everything has a ripple effect. I also always wanted to work in healthcare because I want to help people; it gives me a lot of joy to feel that I am doing little things to help brighten people's day, so I guess that could possibly be Fe.

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much! I'm actually 29 (But if that is considered young then- yay! Haha) But that makes a lot of sense- I was super shy when I was younger!

TIM
    Blackhole role
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly was surprised I could be a Fe user! I'm very caring about others but I've always felt very Fi! Like I feel like I have very strong values.
    Since I was young I did notice there was a lot of suffering in the world and since then I have tried to just do my best to be kind to everyone to spread positivity. I think everything has a ripple effect. I also always wanted to work in healthcare because I want to help people; it gives me a lot of joy to feel that I am doing little things to help brighten people's day, so I guess that could possibly be Fe.
    Sounds like the type. Wanting to service others. Re check my edit too with link.

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

♦♦

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the decor in the link you sent me was like the most beautiful thing ever- I love that style! It's almost like modernized cottage core (which is my favorite aesthetic)

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics divides the sixteen individual sociotypes into four Quadras, each of which shares the same "values" among its four members.

Alpha quadra (Si/Ti/Ne/Fe) has values in common which prize openness, democracy, public virtue, and intellectual accomplishment.
    Beta quadra (Se/Ti/Ni/Fe) has values which prize strength, public service, and rationality.
    Gamma quadra (Se/Te/Ni/Fi) has values which prize strength, individuality, capitalism, and change.
    Delta quadra (Si/Te/Ne/Fi) has values which prize taking profits, personal comfort, individuality, and tradition.

Alpha decor is clean, light, bright, intellectually interesting, and modern. Not a lot of convolutions or complexity, no darkness, and lots of interesting surprises to come upon. It's a lot like Gamma decor, but is more Si and less Se. Gamma decor will also be abstract, but in bold, primary colors. Te/Ni/Se/Fi.

In one of your videos, you show some paintings on the wall. Very mid-century modern. Very Alpha. Very Frank Lloyd Wright, who was ESE. I like them.

I have tons of photos of decor and architectural styles, but there are too many to list here. However, this forum does have a thread in which each Quadra has an architectural preference, although that's not clear unless you know the sociotypes of the posters, and the thread could be a lot better than it is. https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ful-Home-Decor
    Your preference in decorating is Alpha.

the decor in the link you sent me was like the most beautiful thing ever- I love that style! It's almost like modernized cottage core (which is my favorite aesthetic)

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    Sounds like the type. Wanting to service others. Re check my edit too with link.
    Okay yes the ISFp- Fe seems very accurate; haha that was a good video

TIM
    Blackhole role
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad it found a spot.

i've identified a lot of ISTj types in my life with that channel. I had an ESTp Ti friend from my past via that channel's VI method. I suspected he was, but the introverted extrovert presents weirdly.

♦♦

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you’ve settled on SEI-Fe (and I completely agree with that as your Sociotype), then you should know that your best match is an ENTP-Ti. I know a few guys of that type. All are married and are 100% dedicated to their wives.

Which is weird because they were complete players and jerks before they met an SEI, settled down, and got married.

I have worked for many years with a female SEI-Fe, and she is wonderful. She’s smart, kind, caring, competent, and concerned about the people around her. She is married to a guy whom I think might be ESE, but when she and a male ENTP-Ti shared an office, they were the best of friends. They worked together perfectly and had each other’s backs.
    They were definitely better together.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha decor is clean, light, bright, intellectually interesting, and modern. Not a lot of convolutions or complexity, no darkness, and lots of interesting surprises to come upon.
    I love you Adam but we should put pieces of wisdom like this to rest for a while.

clean and bright (and empty!) is also a trend in affluent houses and thus influences Ni/Se aspiration to sophistication and elegant decorum for example in Beta where rules of 'good taste' are more valued than in Alpha.

another case for consideration: clean and bright can also mean someone decorating their house in a "relaxing Mediterranean" style in soft peach and ocean blue because a character in a book series they're obsessed with does the same in their dolce vita fantasy so it's the fantasy they're reenacting. You think it sounds Si but it only demonstrates a aspect of the person's personality (but also that they value the rich European dandy lifestyle which is more indicative of Ni/Se). ESE (the type most likely to 'open up space' by virtue of reshuffling objects and EJ temperament) would be hard-pressed to present a such a case because becoming engrossed in a book series clashes with their Ni polr.

also words like clean and 'uniformly' will have different connotation to the different quadras. Using them as any type of hint will create endless problems for self typing (of people reading this).
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I love you Adam but we should put pieces of wisdom like this to rest for a while.

clean and bright (and empty!) is also a trend in affluent houses and thus influences Ni/Se aspiration to sophistication and elegant decorum for example in Beta where rules of 'good taste' are more valued than in Alpha.

another case for consideration: clean and bright can also mean someone decorating their house in a "relaxing Mediterranean" style in soft peach and ocean blue because a character in a book series they're obsessed with does the same in their dolce vita fantasy so it's the fantasy they're reenacting. You think it sounds Si but it only demonstrates a aspect of the person's personality (but also that they value the rich European dandy lifestyle which is more indicative of Ni/Se). ESE (the type most likely to 'open up space' by virtue of reshuffling objects and EJ temperament) would be hard-pressed to present a such a case because becoming engrossed in a book series clashes with their Ni polr.

also words like clean and 'uniformly' will have different connotation to the different quadras. Using them as any type of hint will create endless problems for self typing (of people reading this).
    Ni/Se aesthetic and decor is either like BAM in your face bold, or if sophisicated it's more exotic and very detailed, like a persian rug.

Si/Ne, especially Alpha is pastel colors, like light teal pair with beige or pink, I see often, and more easy on the eyes softer colors lighter shades in general, nothing imposing like a super fancy chandelier.

So both can be aesthetic but the styles seem different most of the time.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 06-26-2024 at 08:27 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post

Rusal, you are correct that I'm guilty of imprecise generalizations when it comes to aesthetics. Si is not my strong point, which is exactly why I hired an interior decorator to make my house look human. Not to alter the structural parts, but rather to put up curtains.

In my defense, I can see the differences in taste between the Quadras, but I suck at describing what I'm seeing. In this area, I'm like an IEI describing how to make a firm more financially efficient, or an EIE writing a maintenance and repair manual on the space shuttle engines.

Yes, I don't want to create problems or confusion for people who are self-typing. This is why I tend to just give Te examples rather than Ti generalizations, but even here, I'm not 100% confident in what I'm presenting, because this is an area of Si aesthetics.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Ni/Se aesthetic and decor is either like BAM in your face bold, or if sophisicated it's more exotic and very detailed, like a persian rug.

Si/Ne, especially Alpha is pastel colors, like light teal pair with beige or pink, I see often, and more easy on the eyes softer colors lighter shades in general, nothing imposing like a super fancy chandelier.

So both can be aesthetic but the styles see different most of the time.
    Lord Pixel, I agree with this and I tried to say it, but you expressed it much better than my attempt.

Yes, Se is bold colors and Si is pastels. <= Even that sucks as a description.

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided on SEI-Fe
    Makes a lot of sense

Thanks guys