Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This and that
    Last edited by huiheiwufhawriuhg; 02-26-2024 at 03:25 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I don't know why but I'm slightly curious on what everyone does for work.

I'll start, I'm currently a uni student and I will be going into the tech industry (either software engineering/IT related or something like firmware/robotics).
    Never let anyone make you feel bad about not going into compsci. No one uses lambda calculus or Haskell etc. and computers are finite state machines. There's a lot of really interesting theoretical aspects of computing but they're basically erased because of academics who make up BS for a job. Read Dijkstra's essays about the a priori completeness of code, which are actually commonly discussed in mathematics departments but seemingly not so much in computer science, because computer science still seems to grovel at Turing's feet which I think has been holding behind real-world computing to a large degree too.

16t is kind of boring so I don't really want to talk about what I'm doing here. If it stops being boring I can change that. I'll probably be here intermittently to see if I can work on people but it still seems like everyone is beyond hope. Like I could fix things for them but it wouldn't be worthwhile because the greatest asset is the mind. If I replace part or all of their minds with mine I haven't brought anything new into existence even if they might appreciate that as long as they don't realize what's going on, seeing as their minds are making them miserable. Maybe I need to get over thinking about what benefits me though. Humility isn't thinking less of yourself, humility is thinking of yourself less and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    Never let anyone make you feel bad about not going into compsci. No one uses lambda calculus or Haskell etc. and computers are finite state machines. There's a lot of really interesting theoretical aspects of computing but they're basically erased because of academics who make up BS for a job. Read Dijkstra's essays about the a priori completeness of code, which are actually commonly discussed in mathematics departments but seemingly not so much in computer science, because computer science still seems to grovel at Turing's feet which I think has been holding behind real-world computing to a large degree too.

16t is kind of boring so I don't really want to talk about what I'm doing here. If it stops being boring I can change that. I'll probably be here intermittently to see if I can work on people but it still seems like everyone is beyond hope. Like I could fix things for them but it wouldn't be worthwhile because the greatest asset is the mind. If I replace part or all of their minds with mine I haven't brought anything new into existence even if they might appreciate that as long as they don't realize what's going on, seeing as their minds are making them miserable. Maybe I need to get over thinking about what benefits me though. Humility isn't thinking less of yourself, humility is thinking of yourself less and all that.
    I (?) thought about posting the first part of this post on LinkedIn to see what people think.Regarding the second part, I feel it’s in line with something I’ve been wondering about lately regarding “manifestation”. Have you looked at the Law of Attraction lore?I personally don’t know how I feel about it. I think the underlying feeling is that “if I do/manifest it, then it is fake”. However, there are still things I feel aversion towards and things I appreciate more than others.I might share more context in private (wow). Anyway, it fascinates me how you are so certain about your psyche being impenetrable, yet you yourself are able to effortlessly affect others!

I also find interesting the extrapolation you made regarding cybernetics. It reminds me of aspectology, which I found out about a couple of days ago but it seems to have been created by a peculiar organisation.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 03-14-2024 at 11:20 AM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in a college library helping healthcare students with their APA and writing assignments. It's pretty slow most days. Pay is shit but I can go back to school for free.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently temping in a library but I would like to work in a school. I am trusting an agency to help place me in a role, they have helped me before and it worked.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-22-2024 at 09:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12