Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visual Identification Project (IEI edition)

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About eight months ago, I discovered Mohamed (sphinx massage) throught Timur Doctorov Live YTC.

Mohamed looks like Star Wars Theory, they are both bodybuilders with about the same type of body.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these are more picture matching than the people actually looking like each other.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post

Mohamed looks like Star Wars Theory, they are both bodybuilders with about the same type of body.

in the thumbnail, he kinda looks like a bit like actor Brendan Fraser.

I think our physical appearance and external traits/intelligence ultimatively shape our personality much more than the types and it probably affects the majority of our mental energy. It's a funny coincidence that typing everyone the same made me realize how different people are from a typology perspective. I think almost all discussions that revolve around types on this site are complete nonsense, but MBTI communities aren't much better. I find it more and more unlikely that I'm going to stay here for much longer, as I think I won't be able to change people's perspective anyway with the lack of real empiricism in typology. It's probably the aspect that I don't like the most, that I can't prove anything I am seeing due to the nature of psychology. There are numerous personalities, and the closer people are to them, the more they are going to feel alike.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 07-02-2024 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikite iru View Post
    in the thumbnail, he kinda looks like a bit like actor Brendan Fraser.
    Indeed ! Good point !

I think our physical appearance and external traits/intelligence ultimately shape our personality much more than the types and it probably affects the majority of our mental energy. It's a funny coincidence that typing everyone the same made me realize how different people are from a typology perspective.
    Yes, you know this reminds me that there is some truth to the expression "fake it till you make it" one can interpret it as "hold on to your dream and never surrender". there is some nobility to it but most people consider that expression as a negative thing and the people who use it as a motivation as "fake". That's probably because the expression contains the word "fake" in it. The truth of the matter is that people already embody the potential that makes them the person they are going to be regardless . I't about attitude and vision.

I remember Steve Vai once saying that as far as he is concerned, the key to success is to envision your dream as if it already came true and at the same time work very hard for it to really become true. All famous people of pop culture and the entertainment industry (those who are in the light that is) have that trait of character in commun, imho. Most of them need to believe in themselves like crazy in order for other to believe in them. There are exception of course, I mean by that very successful and famous people of whom the sociotype is not that of central Quadras but you can definitely bet that their entourage, the people behind their success, are carriers of sociotypes belonging to central Quadras.

I find it more and more unlikely that I'm going to stay here for much longer, as I think I won't be able to change people's perspective anyway with the lack of real empiricism in typology. It's probably the aspect that I don't like the most, that I can't prove anything I am seeing due to the nature of psychology. There are numerous personalities, and the closer people are to them, the more they are going to feel alike.
    I think that contrary to what it might seem, you are in fact very appreciated in this forum. You are, in many ways, contributing to keep it dynamic and alive (pun intended !).

Indeed, personalities and typology get mixed because they both have to be described in terms of profiles that induces overlaps because of the objective nature of these description. They describe behaviors not how the psyche work. In order to understand personalities one must apply psychology (which is very different from typology of course). Temperaments do exist, but each person is the unique representative of his or her personality of which the most part is related to biography. Indeed, to understand the personality of someone one has to acquire data about his or her background i.e. what constitutes his or her biography (from childhood to adulthood) I like to call it "life trajectory". The core sociotype in that context is just a detail that is only important for typology aficionados like us...

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I remember Steve Vai once saying that as far as he is concerned, the key to success is to envision your dream as if it already came true and at the same time work very hard for it to really become true.
    He's LIE and the LIE founder of my company says the same. "You have to be like you already are there (at your goal)". In classical socionics, Ni creative things. It's the same concept as in race driving, already focusing your gaze on the next turn since your vehicle will naturally go where your eyes direct. Same holds true for many other sports too, of course. Or pretty much anything where you have to anticipate where the target has moved, such as stock price being dependent on the future and not the current.

And no, it's not IEI, they don't use this kind of prediction as a tool.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Vai - EIE. Resembles LIE in some ways but uses way too much Fe.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@godslave: I think some people just value authenticity extremely high so if you are someone that goes more with the flow of general emotions and flucturations you are going to have a miserable time among such people and vice versa.

Yesterday I saw a documentary about young soccer players from africa who were competing for a spot in a prestigious program that would support their career in the UK. They were 180 in total and the best 20 would make the cut. They interviewed one person and he said essentially the same thing that I have written in my article, that it is his Dream to be a professional athlete and that he is sacrificing a normal life for it and that he wants to help his family financially. When the interviewer asked him if he has a plan B in case things didn't work out, he said that there is no alternative (ignoring Ne), he has to achieve it.

It makes me wonder a bit if immigrants who leave their home country for a chance of a better life have a specific sociotype that is prone to consider such a thing in the first place, which is in my view also IEI
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Lazar and Stephen King

Last edited by Still Alive; 07-11-2024 at 06:24 PM.

TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armand Duplantis - Timothée Chalamet

IEIs
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said before, probably almost all athletes at the highest level are Ni base, as they focus on perfectionism. This obviously includes almost all athletes competing in Olympia, which I think is a good idea that unites nations

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really all that of focused on this thread anymore but I have some pictures loosely lying around on my pc and phone that I want to post here before I forget about them. I wish I had more female examples. It just happens to be very male oriented. I essentially now think that people who have the same type can look similar, but when their subtypes are different, it changes their facial expressions (a more emotional person will be more openly expressive than someone who is anaytical). I know most of you can't understand what I am seeing but this is mainly just a thread to collect things for me. I don't think every subtype can grasp everything. there are limits to what you are able to see depending on the way your personality (not type) is oriented.

Vincent Price and Salvador Dali

St. Vincent

Isaac Asimov and Kyle Carrozza

Larry King and Larry Silverstein

german far-right leader Björn Höcke and Ellen DeGeneres

IEI's who are for example on the far-right and far-left are essentially so different they can be hardly be called the same type, outside of having the similarity of both having very strong convictions.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 06:36 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

FWIW, I think that this thread is valuable, even though I don't agree with all the comparisons.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    FWIW, I think that this thread is valuable, even though I don't agree with all the comparisons.
    you already wrote that before, but it doesn't mean anything to me, as you don't learn anything from it. 5 posts from now you will just revert back to extroverted thinking means I perceive facts. like there's no progress, just reverting back to what was memorized years ago. countless of personal stories about random people you meet and you are unable to grasp that you are an ethical type. it's like I'm talking to a void with most people here.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Alive View Post
    5 posts from now you will just revert back to extroverted thinking means I perceive facts.
    That this definition of Te is continually used by you to criticize the basic theory is curious. Maybe it's your subconscious T suggesting to you that objective/extraverted logic being connected first and foremost with what is known or supposed to objectively exist, intellectually (i.e., facts), is reasonable after all and can be derived without contradiction from Jung's basic claim of a thinking function with an introverted/subjective and extraverted/objective side.

Without understanding even to some degree the basic tenets of the theory, you will never get any use from the theory. Especially the use of understanding that your own type is not LII or any other T type.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any person that seriously thinks that the perception of "facts" is related to a single cognitive function and that some types are incapable of perceiving them, let alone types like LII and LSI who have it as ignoring function, is in my honest view, an idiot. You are ideological followers of outdated terminology. You would be laughed at by any scientist, and here you pretend that the person who tells you that doesn't perceive logic like you. In some sense you are a danger to society, because you would want to push these idiotic takes onto the population. Considering that you spout the exact garbage as Sol, it does make me wonder if you are even able to form a single original thought.
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-17-2024 at 06:42 PM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Twain, Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein

Walt Whitman, Noam Chomsky

Petra Kelly, a founder of the german green party, and Kristen Stewart. Both share an apathetic, disconnected look.

Opeth singer Mikael Åkerfeldt and conservative youtuber Asmongold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hETgbsF5yY8
    Last edited by Still Alive; 09-15-2024 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Twain, Albert Schweitzer, Albert Einstein

Are you posting these photos because in your opinion they are examples of IEIs?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Are you posting these photos because in your opinion they are examples of IEIs?
    I think every example I have posted in this thread is an IEI, yes, except for the post about Taylor Swift, who I think is an EIE.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think every example I have posted in this thread is an IEI, yes, except for the post about Taylor Swift, who I think is an EIE.
    Why do you think they are IEIs?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Why do you think they are IEIs?
    I have a german website that is probably the biggest german source for socionics at the moment. on there you can find an english section about my thoughts on the theory.

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

right now I only have one longer article which takes roughly an hour to read and explains some of my views. I have also written 20 pages for two other articles so far that I haven't published yet (I haven't looked at my own website in months actually). I might publish them eventually at the end of the year or the beginning of next year. it will explain my perspective more

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benjamin Netanjahu and Vin Diesel

I also think Benny Gantz and Netanjahu look somewhat similar

Jitzchak Rabin (kinda looks a bit like palpatine to be honest) and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Yasser Arafat and Ringo Starr

Ruhollah Khomeini (Iranian politician) and Sean Connery

Mohammad Khatami (former president of Iran) and Steven Spielberg (Khatami also looks a bit like Steve Jobs imo)

Joe Biden and Bob Barker

Ian McKellen and Ron Paul

Jeffry Flake and Matthew McConaughey

JD Vance and serial killer John Wayne Gacy, also Mark David Chapman who killed John Lennon

Subteigh has a video in his signature regarding typology. I found someone who looks very similar to him while looking for videos about the Gaza conflict.

Last edited by Still Alive; 09-22-2024 at 11:46 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince

Fits the "original" description of IEI much more. Attuned to emotions, notices how others get along. Poetic, dreamer, idealist. I think typologies ultimatively made a mistake by the way they defined types. You can see this with socionics in the way it names the types, with LIE being the "entrepreneur", or SEE being the "politician". So every person that's an entrepreneur is essentially an LIE despite the fact that there are many openly emotional people who pursue that path. SEE is somehow the politician despite many of them engaging in hour long discussions about minor points, the exact opposite of extroverted behavior. It's hard to see socionics survive unless there's a huge overhaul to the theory. People are in denial about it because the theory essentially operates on trust and not empiricism. Why do some people become leftists, centrists, facists? Denying that there's a huge amount of variability between people and instead insisting that every person that is interested in mechanics is ST won't solve any underlying issue that the theory has, because it doesn't reflect reality. It is questionable to me if there's even a benefit to the way socionics describes relationships because in the end, very often people who have similar interests will tend to be attracted to each other. I want to highlight again that subtypes and personality traits matter more than type and people need to train themselves to identify those instead of vague sociotypes they will mostly be wrong about. People who tell you there's only 16 types of people should be ignored from my point of view. they don't know what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Still Alive; Yesterday at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a thought that famous movie stars may share features that fall within a "golden ratio" or something similar to that. At least by Western ideals, whatever is considered a well-proportioned face to fit a character type. Are there features that make someone more versatile and able to be a both a hero or a villain?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123