Thread: Your own vulnerable or PoLR expression

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Wait, what are your two PoLRs? Si and what?
    I'm a ILE ENTP, LP.

Inter Looping Entrainments

Ethereal Nearby Technical Patterns

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by To B or to B View Post
    I'm a ILE ENTP, LP.

Inter Looping Entrainments

Ethereal Nearby Technical Patterns
    Oh ok, so you just relate to 1D Si on top of 1D Fi.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok, so you just relate to 1D Si on top of 1D Fi.
    Si is like PoLR per definitions. I don't dig it, LP.

But:

Maybe i do. Wife is Dual, so maybe i do but i don't.

Thoughts?

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    That is a better idea, but he should learn to adapt to everyday interactions for the sake of getting rid of the possibilities of him coming off as weird. Social skills are still a type of skill set that needs to be constantly used to be maintained.

Likely if he doesn't learn boundaries and appropriate language, he would likely be rejected more often due to people finding him weird or disliking him. He would likely only have to maintain this persona until his relationship with his potential friend would progress into something more personal, thus he can eventually allow himself to reveal his true nature while also having a good sense of how his interactions are going.

We all have some level of inauthentic behavior in us when we meet strangers or people we are not friends with. It's natural to build friendships, and only reveal one's quirkiness later on, even when both parties have weird personality traits.

People are just overwhelmed by quirky strangers, but not by familiar quirky people they have already gotten used too.

I believe this is the best course of action for him to take in order to avoid a multitude of rejection that could be easily avoided from people he would actually be interested in befriending.

Even when you meet someone else who is severely strange, they still have their own boundaries, and it's best to read between the fine lines and ask direct questions if needed.

Though I prefer to be direct, being direct can only work with so many people, while being newer to actively trying to improve one's social life is not as skilled in such.
    For a good first impression sure that could work out.

But I think if he tries all to adapt all the time he's just gonna come off more awkward. He has to get to a point of being comfortable with himself. He'd probably come off more easy going and relaxed if he was more comfortable in his own skin, it's more than likely not the weirdness that throws people off (ppl can find weirdness amusing) and it's more likely the uneasiness he has with his own weirdnes. If you are not ok with yourself then other people take that as a sign that something must be wrong with you, which is usually what makes people reject you because nobody wants to invite a problem in their life.

It's almost like having a dog that might look intimidating but if you tell people "Nah, he's chill." then most people will believe you, since you have more experience with the dog, but if you are afraid of you're own dog then most people are not gonna bother to find out why and believe the dog is scary for a reason and avoid the dog.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is like PoLR per definitions. I don't dig it, LP.

But:

Maybe i do. Wife is Dual, so maybe i do but i don't.

Thoughts?
    You don't even dig if someone deals with Si things for you? Or gives you advice on how to deai with Si things? Do you delegate Si things at all?

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't even dig if someone deals with Si things for you? Or gives you advice on how to deai with Si things? Do you delegate Si things at all?
    I do.

Si PoLR is dreading it and wishing people to do it, from what i gather.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do.

Si PoLR is dreading it and wishing people to do it, from what i gather.
    Do you think Si matters are important though, like when you go into an environment and someone is not handling the Si issues, do you think "Why isn't no one taking care of things how they should be done!?".

Why is no one checking the medicine dosage? Making sure it's not raining before our weekend trip? Remembering to check if our order is correct? I said pepperoni and sausage, not fettucini and olives! No one even thought to wipe down the counters so we don't get ekoli?!

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Si matters are important though, like when you go into an environment and someone is not handling the Si issues, do you think "Why isn't no one taking care of things how they should be done!?".

Why is no one checking the medicine dosage? Making sure it's not raining before our weekend trip? Remembering to check if our order is correct? I said pepperoni and sausage, not fettucini and olives! No one even thought to wipe down the counters so we don't get ekoli?!

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...Misconceptions

LP this can go in a rabbit hole of definitions; i found a wkisocion description of it in ENFj awhile ago and it mentioned disliking filling out forms, doing taxes, things like these and wish others did that for them. Like having a secretary for you wishing you had one. There's more to it but it struck a chord.

Also, in the link you can see it goes in wild directions. But it hits a nerve.

Thanks for your effort here.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have gone to strange lengths in order to minimize manual form fillings.

For instance when I had to do that at work I spent enormous amount of hours to program automation for it combining multiple methods (including fuzzy matchers, AI servers and so on).
    This obsession turned into a product.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatYeahOK View Post
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...Misconceptions

LP this can go in a rabbit hole of definitions; i found a wkisocion description of it in ENFj awhile ago and it mentioned disliking filling out forms, doing taxes, things like these and wish others did that for them. Like having a secretary for you wishing you had one. There's more to it but it struck a chord.

Also, in the link you can see it goes in wild directions. But it hits a nerve.

Thanks for your effort here.
    lol ok, so how r u not ILE again?

Like besides your PoLR, the fact that you are concenred about the definitions (Ti, and yes sometimes it is that simple)
    and are still wondering about other possible types (Ne). I mean come on lol.

I find alot of Ne leads actually ending up meandnering in Ne endless possibility for awhile and it's usually AFTER they find out their type. Another datapoint to cause a hint of doubt and they are back swimming in Ne endless possibility trying to find their type again. No offense, it's just a pattern I've seen a bunch.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 05-19-2023 at 09:40 PM.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ok, so how r u not ILE again?

Like besides your PoLR, the fact that you are concenred about the definitions (Ti, and yes sometimes it is that simple)
    and are still wondering about other possible types (Ne). I mean come on lol.

I find alot of Ne leads actually ending up meandnering in Ne endless possibility for awhile and it's usually AFTER they find out their type. Another datapoint to cause a hint of doubt and they are back swimming in Ne endless possibility trying to find their type again. No offense, it's just a pattern I've seen a bunch.

Of course LP. If i were to type me going by PoLR, everything in that thread, everything is me. If for the first time, ever, i saw that link, i would have said OMG! Meeee mmeeeeee, and me! Boom! I would have put ENFj in the box, and the forum would have cringed, thinking, when is this guy going to stop being Mr. Magoo?

What if i were a split type, like mr provocateur? That was the weird slant i fell into.

I know i'm not, but not everything lines up either.

ENTP 4 Eva poundtoeternityFeHababy! #######

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatYeahOK View Post
    Of course LP. If i were to type me going by PoLR, everything in that thread, everything is me. If for the first time, ever, i saw that link, i would have said OMG! Meeee mmeeeeee, and me! Boom! I would have put ENFj in the box, and the forum would have cringed, thinking, when is this guy going to stop being Mr. Magoo?

What if i were a split type, like mr provocateur? That was the weird slant i fell into.

I know i'm not, but not everything lines up either.

ENTP 4 Eva poundtoeternityFeHababy! #######
    Oh ok.

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For new comers.

*Bump*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I know I'm good/have good intentions, then everyone else must know I'm a good person, because it's such an obvious thing. I don't need to explain myself or go with the flow/take care of the mood of the group at this moment; in fact, doing so would compromise my goodness, making me unsure whether other people's agreement come from truly seeing how good my suggestions are or simple reciprocity because I have agreed with/took care of them.

This line of thinking is of course too black and white and not realistic at all.

TIM
    Social 5 ILI INTJ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends, I generaly have aversion to the emotional atmosphere of the place I am in, It's not that I can't see it, It's just that I am apathetic to it most of the time. Generaly speaking, sometimes I have discomfort towards strong emotional expressions, either I find them stupid or corny, and I just cringe everytime someone is being overly-dramatic.

I also have moments where others complain to me and say to me "You know, we are not machines, we have flaws", and I find it annoying as It's an excuse for people for their incompetence. In other words, It's like people perceive me as not caring about their feelings, despite trying my best to do so, even if It goes against my own independent nature.
    As the God pleases...

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charus View Post
    It depends, I generaly have aversion to the emotional atmosphere of the place I am in, It's not that I can't see it, It's just that I am apathetic to it most of the time. Generaly speaking, sometimes I have discomfort towards strong emotional expressions, either I find them stupid or corny, and I just cringe everytime someone is being overly-dramatic.

I also have moments where others complain to me and say to me "You know, we are not machines, we have flaws", and I find it annoying as It's an excuse for people for their incompetence. In other words, It's like people perceive me as not caring about their feelings, despite trying my best to do so, even if It goes against my own independent nature.
    Look up constructivist vs. emotivist. In Model A, the functions are placed in a 2 × 4 matrix, with the rank determined by whether the functions are inert versus contact. Because it is a part of the design of Model A that the Feeler functions must remain cis, therefore everyone has feelers that are either on the inert side, and cannot integrate information from its environment, or on the contact side, and has an easy time integrating information from its environment.

Do you have a tendency to replay a favorite video game or movie over and over again?
    Last edited by SacredKnowing; 06-09-2024 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Added term from linear algebra
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* Raises hand vote for Constructivist* I def. am Obstinate Reinin + here too in this category.

I repeat experiences to hold the sameness with inertia and avoidance of negative emotional content like a plague, being bound and affectedly reprogrammed as mired into blackness in a quicksand.

Bumper sticker effect = drive away from bumpy roads, stay smooth in a groove with your moves.

TIM
    Social 5 ILI INTJ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    Look up constructivist vs. emotivist. In Model A, the functions are placed in a 2 × 4 matrix, with the rank determined by whether the functions are inert versus contact. Because it is a part of the design of Model A that the Feeler functions must remain cis, therefore everyone has feelers that are either on the inert side, and cannot integrate information from its environment, or on the contact side, and has an easy time integrating information from its environment.

Do you have a tendency to replay a favorite video game or movie over and over again?
    Yes, I do like to replay a favourite video game, and regarding movies, I also like to rewatch the same youtube videos or music, and occasionaly I like to revisit the same places over and over again, but ofcouse that is not to say I may not explore new things if I am in the mood for so. ILI's are regarded as constructivists, and yeah, constructivist fits me much more than emotivist, I can confirm. I can also confirm that I tend to talk in a business manner with other people a lot, I may like try my best to exchange polite words with others, and generaly I want the discussions to be beneficial, where I may learn new things, like knowledge and ideas, basicaly to have conversations that are meaningful. But there are also negative experiences that I would try to avoid as much as possible.

Te is contact function, because It's a thinking function and it is extroverted, while ILI's have valued Fi (Feeling that is introverted) in their super-id block which is inert ethic function.
    Last edited by Charus; 06-09-2024 at 03:28 PM.
    As the God pleases...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cocoa powder makes a great lunch.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charus View Post
    Yes, I do like to replay a favourite video game, and regarding movies, I also like to rewatch the same youtube videos or music, and occasionaly I like to revisit the same places over and over again, but ofcouse that is not to say I may not explore new things if I am in the mood for so. ILI's are regarded as constructivists, and yeah, constructivist fits me much more than emotivist, I can confirm. I can also confirm that I tend to talk in a business manner with other people a lot, I may like try my best to exchange polite words with others, and generaly I want the discussions to be beneficial, where I may learn new things, like knowledge and ideas, basicaly to have conversations that are meaningful. But there are also negative experiences that I would try to avoid as much as possible.

Te is contact function, because It's a thinking function and it is extroverted, while ILI's have valued Fi (Feeling that is introverted) in their super-id block which is inert ethic function.

Out of topic, but so5 ILI INTJ is one of the most consistent typings so far on this site.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muira View Post
    Out of topic, but so5 ILI INTJ is one of the most consistent typings so far on this site.
    I’m interested in your typing of forum members via scs or whatever system
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I’m interested in your typing of forum members via scs or whatever system
    I have many, I don't know where to start. But there is only so much I can judge upon without proper questionnaires from most people on this site.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Reality Denialist View Post
    Cocoa powder makes a great lunch.
    Cocoa or coca?
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12