Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 7759

Thread: Typology Random Thoughts

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think everybody has the potential to lose their marbles in various ways and I have learned pretty clearly that when I lose them, the manifestation is conspiratorial thinking. I request that the reader assign this a typological designation

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Loser View Post
    and what gave u that idea
    Oh ho ho it might be entertaining for you to know

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Se valuing are not all sensing people. Physical attraction is mentioned to be felt by all the members of a quadra. The most ‘instinctive’ sounding belongs to the aggressors (although memory might not serve). But it’s a stretch to say that intuitives look into the soul of a person while sensors do it less.

Let’s examplify with Alpha: that the sensors are attracted to the NTs because of their mental qualities is actually a sign that it’s them that are looking beyond. (The DCNH system might complcate manners: normalizers more attached to conventions perhaps, creatives not really registering them that much). Just an example. One of our resident intuitives likes to stress over and over that a potential partner has to be ‘thin’. Nothing against it, but you get the point. My ex IEE friend was so severe with the unfortunate physical mishaps? of those near. She maxxed out her credit card to get the jeans that gave her ‘the perfect ass’. The last time I checked, she used her toll-booth employee’s salary on a breast-augmentation surgery. This is such an echo chamber, so many people wanting to believe they are not ‘like that other people’ and one should pay attention to what Gulenko is crafting. Typing people a certain type because they daydream when we might have evidence this in itself isn’t a certain indicator? Writing in one of the reports the reason why one of his clients was dissatisfied with her housewife life was because she wasn’t a sensor? And so it is with this other thing he is trying to sell.
    Eh heh, you have probably earned a process type badge from Gulenko. Yes, people who do not see contradictions (result types) are weird. As such we inferior result types so not see the whole picture. I have always taken it as an extreme metaphor but apparently there are people who like to rotate accurate scenerys in their head and call it seeing holistically.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se valuing are not all sensing people. Physical attraction is mentioned to be felt by all the members of a quadra. The most ‘instinctive’ sounding belongs to the aggressors (although memory might not serve). But it’s a stretch to say that intuitives look into the soul of a person while sensors do it less.

She maxxed out her credit card to get the jeans that gave her ‘the perfect ass’. The last time I checked, she used her toll-booth employee’s salary on a breast-augmentation surgery. This is such an echo chamber, so many people wanting to believe they are not ‘like that other people’ and one should pay attention to what Gulenko is crafting.
    are you sure she's not actually an ESFp instead of an ENFp?

regarding gulenko: I'm probably biased bc I have the same type and subtype but I personally think he's a genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having discussions with positivists when they have problems in life:

image_2021-03-11_21-11-46.png
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I think everybody has the potential to lose their marbles in various ways and I have learned pretty clearly that when I lose them, the manifestation is conspiratorial thinking. I request that the reader assign this a typological designation
    Ni Hidden Agenda.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

HELLO i have an anecdote that reminds me why I'm Se,lol. During that trip to Georgia I took recently when my wallet got stolen and I needed a speedy police report to use as identification in order to get on the plane home. But a few hours before the plane was going to leave, I still couldn't get anything on the phone.
    So
    I walked to the fucking police station and stood in front of the door that they had locked for the pandemic and harangued everyone walking in or out until I got the police report.
    It took less Se than it would have if I wasn't cute. But still

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Jk. The Se is the *awareness* of the amount of "force" I needed in light of being a small white girl. I just wanted an excuse to call myself cute

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lmao I just had the most caricature Te vs Fe convo with ex/roommate where I kinda offhandedly tongue in cheek made a comment about how "every food is dog food" because technically a dog will eat it. And he got legit upset and said that he would never tell his mother that the meals she cooks were dog food. And I was like, look. There's the actual truth- everything can be dog food. And then there's the upheld and maintained truth, which is that only the food we prepare and package for canine consumption is dog food. You should keep maintaining that social truth out of kindness. I think he's actually pouting in his room right now about this

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The opportunities for misunderstanding increase linearly from 0% to 100% as you move from Identity to Conflict.

Welcome to the World.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The opportunities for misunderstanding increase linearly from 0% to 100% as you move from Identity to Conflict.

Welcome to the World.
    Are you referring to the misunderstanding in my post? If not, sorry for misunderstanding you. But if so, it wasn't really the point and there's been a misunderstanding

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you referring to the misunderstanding in my post? If not, sorry for misunderstanding you. But if so, it wasn't really the point and there's been a misunderstanding

Yeah, well, Duality is not Identity.

I have a 37 yo female LIE friend whose 16 yo son is ILE. While I was talking to her, he was goofing around in the background, as ILE's are wont to do, and she turned to him and said "What the hell is wrong with you?"

What, indeed?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lmao I just had the most caricature Te vs Fe convo with ex/roommate where I kinda offhandedly tongue in cheek made a comment about how "every food is dog food" because technically a dog will eat it. And he got legit upset and said that he would never tell his mother that the meals she cooks were dog food. And I was like, look. There's the actual truth- everything can be dog food. And then there's the upheld and maintained truth, which is that only the food we prepare and package for canine consumption is dog food. You should keep maintaining that social truth out of kindness. I think he's actually pouting in his room right now about this
    Some Wofie out there would happily consume you because you can be dog's food as well. Add it in your CV: potential dog food
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    Some Wofie out there would happily consume you because you can be dog's food as well. Add it in your CV: potential dog food
    I literally said that myself nice try lol

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

For me, the more important part was how there's a real truth and a social truth and they both have a validity. It wasn't about how edgy it is to talk about dogs eating people. But do your thing

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For me, the more important part was how there's a real truth and a social truth and they both have a validity. It wasn't about how edgy it is to talk about dogs eating people. But do your thing
    My point was to talk about lyfe that could run through Woofie's intestines which is kind of colored Te truth albeit bit too brownish but your cat can do it as well and there documented cases where cats have had a feasted their former owner's body. Keep that in mind next time you pet your purr machine.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd assume you understand that he got "offended" because you saying that would be like suggesting that his mother's meal is also "dog food" (as understood by him). I'd assume he interpreted your "every food is dog food" comment as "every food tastes like garbage", and he thought telling that to his mother would offend her mother.

Instead of explaining to him what you meant by that and simply wondered to yourself "This must be the difference between Te and Fe", then it only increases more misunderstanding. Ironically enough.

Do you claim to know what the "real truth" is?

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you win

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes, saying somebody's cooking is "dog food" is legitimately offensive and that is a truth
    yes, dogs will eat food that was prepared for humans and this is also true
    i know at least 2 of the truths
    i will try again to communicate this point why? idk. thats how i be

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

how dare you assume that i didn't try to explain it to him! making assumptions about people? on a socionics forum? how dare you

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes, saying somebody's cooking is "dog food" is legitimately offensive and that is a truth
    oh, yeah, he didn't get it either. he's IEI. maybe relevant ahahaha

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for having a bone to pick with you, but I think it's just that your comment is vague and up for misinterpretation, that's all. You could have said for example, "Every food is good enough for dogs", because that's what you really meant. I think that the real truth is that "every food is dog food" can be interpreted in at least two ways.

The "real truth" was that your comment was misinterpreted by him. I doubt that he (or anyone) genuinely lacks understanding that "every food is dog food because technically a dog will eat it". And perhaps he also again misinterpreted your further explaining as an excuse (because he is already offended by that comment).

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Sorry for having a bone to pick with you, but I think it's just that your comment is vague and up for misinterpretation, that's all. You could have said for example, "Every food is good enough for dogs", because that's what you really meant. I think that the real truth is that "every food is dog food" can be interpreted in at least two ways.

The "real truth" was that your comment was misinterpreted by him. I doubt that he (or anyone) genuinely lacks understanding that "every food is dog food because technically a dog will eat it". And perhaps he also again misinterpreted your further explaining as an excuse (because he is already offended by that comment).
    i've been kinda rude and flippant on the internet lately as a way to navigate the annoying categorical thinking. sorry. i understand what you're saying. i thought i said the same thing to him, more or less, but face to face talking in the moment has a different flavor
    your patient response to me spazzing is noted, lol

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well technically, the "real" truth of a meal that someone had cooked is "this food is both human food and dog food". There is food that is edible to both dogs and humans. There is food that is only edible to dogs, but not humans. There is food that is edible to only humans, but not dogs.

So in a general way, "every food is dog food" is correct (technically not really correct, such as chocolate, LOL). But specifically (as taken by him), it's not necessarily true. He applied your comment to specific situations, such as a meal that his mother cooked. You meant it in a general way.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't feed your dogs chocolate. Or grapes/raisins. Or xylitol. Or some other human foods - I think onions might be bad too. So, idk, I guess that means not all food is dog food, unless toxic stuff is considered food too.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm self-absorbedly rewatching my type video and i have a strong hunch what gulenko will say. because of math
    but i will not say it because i'd prefer not embarrassing myself over any benefit i'd get out of being right

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

not that i make a habit out of avoiding embarrassment. yall know better than that

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I briefly met this guy, John B., at another company, for about five seconds in the hallway. I thought he might be LIE, but I wasn't sure. He acted like he was super-busy and couldn't be bothered to stop and talk, and away he went.

I mentioned his name to an ILI who knows him better, and the ILI said, "John B? Oh, I love him. I love him." (The ILI is Middle Eastern and prone to slightly different figures of speech than Standard American Business Language.)

So today I was on a Zoom meeting between my company and theirs, where all the individual camera feeds are arranged around the topic screen, and in one of them, there was this guy who looked vaguely ESI, except that he also looked terminally bored with everything that was being said.

"Hmmm," I thought, as I watched him at length. "Strange behavior from an ESI. Normally, they are more optimistically engaged and thoughtful."
    Then I looked at the name under the feed. "John B."

I put two and two together. He looks like a bored and impatient ESI, and the ILI loves loves loves him. He's SEE.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-19-2021 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    What coworker has mostly said lately (I typed her as ISFp and she got ISFp in a test, if you have different opinion feel free to disagree)

“I really like being of service to people and helping them. Hey, I actually got to know this person X and she has a problem with Y, I’m so happy now that we get to fix that. I was so concerned”
    “I always get sucked to doing things that are unnecessary anyway, so I’ll do that non-major thing you thought of”
    “I don’t think there is a job out there for me at all, I’m quite stupid” (despite being a good worker)
    “I love people who explain things to me!”
    “Just do your thing there, I’ll just rest here for a bit. I’m getting stressed with all of these messages.”
    “They are trying to make us do things quick, it’s so unnecessary.”
    “I like it when people around me are doing great things, as for myself I am happy even if I am not that and give them a lot of moral support. I actually don’t like competing.”
    “I always keep to myself”
    “I really hate what they were doing, it’s nice you were blunt. I can’t do that. I would feel very uncomfortable.”
    “Hey, I rechecked your type description after we talked. So you’re not that in tune with others’ feelings, did I understand that right? How is that possible?”
    “We’re quite opposite! I think I’m quite fast at responding to other people’s emotional needs.”
    With the continuing stress on the "moral support" thing and liking to help people she sounds like one girl that hoy typed INFp by Gulenko. If I'm ISFp them I'm much more indifferent to people. Neither do ISFp are wont to remark, I think, how they like people that explain things to them (which is not even true) and if they feel insecure about their abilities they are usually so internally and don't publizice it, just like most people wouldn't either. Actually, doesn't claiming you feel stupid go against Ti HA?
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the stress on the "moral support" thing and liking to help people she sounds like one girl that typed INFp by Gulenko. If I'm ISFp them I'm much more indifferent to people. Neither do ISFp are wont to remark, I think, how they like people that explain things to them (which is not even true) and if they feel insecure about their abilities they are usually so internally and don't publizice it, just like most people wouldn't either. Actually, doesn't claiming you feel stupid go against Ti HA?
    Some of these things are common to Fe creative / Te polr, but admitting stupidity is typical of SEI but not typical of IEI. The latter tend to be proud of ther intellectual capability. It fits with their duals, the ILE want to be seen as the smartest and funniest guy in the room while SLE don't have that much of a need to flaunt how clever they are and more emphasize the capability of taking decisive action and not being afraid of doing whatever it takes.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot really see her as Ni ego, her views always have tangible leaning. She also doesn’t like “too much insight”, very focused on the moment. If it’s just perception and what she mostly talks about, I’d say she’s more S than N.
    Maybe Gulenko typed that girl as INFp because of the signs, I am not sure. Or maybe because of DCNH.
    I’m not claiming a type for her, but stating that it sounds strange for a SEI to stress to a degree you’re describing how much she supports other people morally. If they like analyzing how good they are to people and their ethical call, SEI becomes a more distant possibility. I’m bringing the IEI girl to the exchange because she is the only example that I recall over here to have done that.

Regarding Ti HA, I guess that could be one tendency of Ti HA, but wouldn’t they naturally be receptive when they know the person they are talking to has stronger Ti? After all they need and appreciate it. Also note that we are in a technical field (mostly NT tasks involved), I don’t think a Ti HA can pull off pride in that area.
    Having Ti HA is not loudly declaring you like people to explain stuff to you. Even if you do like it. We shouldn’t interpret type description as people going about their life mouthing their type IEs for everyone to hear. In any case, a SEI would just blame the technicalities of the field for the difficulties (in your example) and safeguard a bit of their pride not declaring themselves useless for every task anywhere, while casually warning other people not to expect great results in the particular area. I don’t know where you’re getting that someone with Ti HA=declare yourself stupid at everything for anyone to hear.

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I discovered my enneagram type after seven years of conversing with the ǃKung people of central Africa.

I reached Socionics enlightenment after seven minutes of observation by the !Jung people of PersonalityCafe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    admitting stupidity is typical of SEI but not typical of IEI
    For SF types are hardest to understand logical abstractions. In technics centered culture it's the most common case to call someone as stupid. While more correctly would to be so say about different kinds of intelligence (according to 4 functions).

> ILE want to be seen as the smartest and funniest guy in the room

T types do not want to be "seen", they just think more and so look so. While to be "funny" relates mostly to Fe.

You need to make "decisive" action to read something adequate about types as Jung and Filatova. Then to find people with different types to watch them and understand the typology better. Then you should say lesser strange views about types. And also to understand that to be shy and to have SLE is not compatible.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    For SF types are hardest to understand logical abstractions. In technics centered culture it's the most common case to call someone as stupid. While more correctly would to be so say about different kinds of intelligence (according to 4 functions).

> ILE want to be seen as the smartest and funniest guy in the room

T types do not want to be "seen", they just think more and so look so. While to be "funny" relates mostly to Fe.

You need to make "decisive" action to read something adequate about types as Jung and Filatova. Then to find people with different types to watch them and understand the typology better. Then you should say lesser strange views about types. And also to understand that to be shy and to have SLE is not compatible.
    You think I'm shy and you're the one who has no pictures or videos shared?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rusal I actually don’t know what you’re getting at either. My point was she actually likes being helped in that area. You seem to be blowing things out of proportion when you can just focus on the actual words I used. “Everything for anyone to hear” - You are assuming that she said that in public? You cannot assume that because there is a possibility that she only said that to me. Focus only on the information I posted, don’t read between the lines too much.
    I can assume she said it to you, but the wording seems wrong for the type, not something they’d say even to just one person. Just like what you quoted about the whole business moral support. Words do matter. I’ll tell you why. The IEI is not megedy (she was typed Creative, anyway) but someone else who uploaded her own typing videos. She seemed to have strong feelings for her line of work or at least was OK with it and went on and on about ‘helping people’ to what, to me, seemed a portion a bit too long of the video. Because of this, I instantly knew (thanks also to some VI in non-verbals) that she was not SEI. An SEI would not talk about ‘the needs of people’ with so much ease for that excessive number of seconds/minutes as our friend here. Yet one or two of the members in the thread insisted on SEI for her. Well, the same impression I got from her vids I’m getting from some of the key quotes you posted. I could be wrong, but you did ask for an extra opinion! I'll see if I can find the thread with the videos-

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Northstar
    Read normal books instead of nonsense mess on English sites written by the random noobs.
    Use IR with >10 people IRL to check your type and notice that it's not SLE.
    In other case you'll continue do mindless flood alike most other noobs on forms, beings unable to understand what you are doing.

good data + good thinking = good understanding
    a process of thinking includes a practice

If you study something you need seriously. You do what? Read normal books or only mess in Internet? Same is with Jung types. Want to understand it correctly - use quality sources to study. And some reason needed to understand this situation and letters which you may read - helps too.
    For flooding fun by random nonsense alike you and most other noobs do on forums it's not obligately, certainly. But you'll not get significant use from types by such approach.
    Besides reading of normal sources, to understand the typology needs a practice of several years - typing people near and watching them. If this practice shows the basic theory is correct - then you got some understanding as may identify types correctly enough to notice this. Then what you write on forums should be generally adequate, you should understand correctly own type, and not do a nonsense flooding game with same incompetent noobs.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Northstar
    Read normal books instead of nonsense mess on English sites written by the random noobs.
    Use IR with >10 people IRL to check your type and notice that it's not SLE.
    In other case you'll continue do mindless flood alike most other noobs on forms, beings unable to understand what you are doing.

good data + good thinking = good understanding
    a process of thinking includes a practice

If you study something you need seriously. You do what? Read normal books or only mess in Internet? Same is with Jung types. Want to understand it correctly - use quality sources to study. And some reason needed to understand this situation and letters which you may read - helps too.
    For flooding fun by random nonsense alike you and most other noobs do on forums it's not obligately, certainly. But you'll not get significant use from types by such approach.
    Besides reading of normal sources, to understand the typology needs a practice of several years - typing people near and watching them. If this practice shows the basic theory is correct - then you got some understanding as may identify types correctly enough to notice this. Then what you write on forums should be generally adequate, you should understand correctly own type, and not do a nonsense flooding game with same incompetent noobs.
    Aw man, did I get under your skin by making fun of how you don’t dare to show any videos or pics of yourself and can’t tell extroversion from introversion.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my wife's nieces over for two weeks and the oldest is SLE, I am pretty sure. She can be shy in some areas or maybe it's self-consciousness. Like, she gets shy when someone is watching her play on the drumset in the garage but if we just leave her alone, she works really hard at it and makes really good progress by watching videos on her phone on how to drum. She used to be shy about being seen as "smart" because she is smart, but she's moved past that and is now really motivated to bring her grades up. Of course, promising to take her to Disney World if she does probably has something to do with it.