Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Cruise

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think religion has always been very important to him, he wanted to be a Franciscan (i.e. Catholic) priest when he was younger, but decided against it after a year. Obviously he's into Scientology now.

He's probably not afraid of trying new or unusual things (like Scientology) (although Scientology probably limits drug-taking and so on). I suspect that even if he wanted to leave Scientology, he probably couldn't, at least not openly, they probably have too much on him.

He's very personable and friendly, aside from his interest in Scientology, which I guess is basically a subject his peers on acting projects know not to bring up.

Impressionable? Maybe, but religious belief is common (as is belief in supernatural phenomena, or other beliefs with no evidence like Socionics), so I have to be careful about not singling him out on that point.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His whole Scientology bend is typical of Logical types that seek religion. They tend to need an "ethical outlet" that encourages them to the best motives, express their emotions, and helps realize their innermost and "sacred" feelings.

He's not an Ethical type and to anyone who thinks that, I recommend reading the differences between Ethics and Logic.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohellohello View Post
    His whole Scientology bend is typical of Logical types that seek religion. They tend to need an "ethical outlet" that encourages them to the best motives, express their emotions, and helps realize their innermost and "sacred" feelings.

He's not an Ethical type and to anyone who thinks that, I recommend reading the differences between Ethics and Logic.
    It's possibly he's not an agreeable type, but I doubt he's Logic.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    It's possibly he's not an agreeable type, but I doubt he's Logic.
    Refer to my second sentence then...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Refer to my second sentence then...
    It's like saying that someone who seeks to be strong isn't strong, they're weak, without examining if they're actually strong or weak.

According to your logic, ethical types have "ethical" manifestations like being in Scientology, and logical types have a need for "ethical outlooks" like being in Scientology.

Personally, I don't think there's anything logical about following L. Ron Hubbard's poorly written fiction intended for him to make money.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like saying that someone who seeks to be strong isn't strong, they're weak, without examining if they're actually strong or weak.

According to your logic, ethical types have "ethical" manifestations like being in Scientology, and logical types have a need for "ethical outlooks" like being in Scientology.

Personally, I don't think there's anything logical about following L. Ron Hubbard's poorly written fiction intended for him to make money.
    Fe-seeking blocked with weak Intuition, yes. It's why astrology-followers are Sensory types.

Every person acts in the manner where they are trying to attract the unconscious side of them, so I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Sensory types are concerned with time, Intuitive types are concerned with practicality. Ethical types are concerned with Logic and Logic types are concerned with Ethics. It's the compensatory nature of humanity.

Conscious v. Unconscious; i.e. Yin & Yang.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Fe-seeking blocked with weak Intuition, yes. It's why astrology-followers are Sensory types.

Every person acts in the manner where they are trying to attract the unconscious side of them, so I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Sensory types are concerned with time, Intuitive types are concerned with practicality. Ethical types are concerned with Logic and Logic types are concerned with Ethics. It's the compensatory nature of humanity.

Conscious v. Unconscious; i.e. Yin & Yang.
    It's like saying that Immanuel Kant had a "logical outlook" because he didn't wear lingerie, so he must have been an ethical type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"According to Kant’s theory, if you follow a valid moral rule, like “do not lie”, and it ends up with people getting harmed, then you’ve still done the right thing." (link)

Don't know about lingerie, but Kant seems had moral idiocy. I'd expect this more from T types.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like saying that Immanuel Kant had a "logical outlook" because he didn't wear lingerie, so he must have been an ethical type.
    Not what I'm saying at all but you should look into Ausra's writings. Been posting some from the English-translated versions so maybe that will help clear things up for you

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cruise is not known to suffer from diseases of the stomach and pancreas, so as per Augusta, he may well be -leading. Or have I got that the wrong way round?
    Last edited by Socionics Is Not A Cult; 12-06-2023 at 11:21 PM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking AnakinJirachi's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP

Doing frames of combat explosive meteoric precision and skill with wild timing and precision and expert blitz of challenger’s desire
    MasterofDestruction
    ORRE COLOSSEUM JUST GOT STARTED, AND KOBE IS REIGNING AS KING!!
    SystemsMasterWes
    Germany vs Argentina World Cup Final 2014 glorified Nowitzki and Ginobili, the 2011 Mavericks and 2013 Spurs!!
    LeonardGrogu
    It's Henry vs Zidane, France vs Spain in the 2024 Olympic soccer final, Egypt vs Japan, Yugioh vs Pokemon, Poimandres vs Zarathustra, Giordano Bruno vs Friedrich Nietzsche, haystack picnic robed in silver rods to treasures of lore and sacred spark to unite and forge dancing stars and futures refracting crystal moonlight lures of hanger bay crunching fabrics webbing steel and blizzards juice stringing code red trains of yonder fluid ribbons trophy waterfall cake blueprints frenzy retracting haunted capital terra horns of leading edge canopy blossoms rendezvous shuffling Articuno!!
    RaptorRainbows
    New Jedi Order of Yellow Pikachu Yahweh (the16types.info)

TIM
    FU
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    LSE
    ...I saw the scientology documentaries, recommended to me...last week on Amazon
    * Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (2015)
    * Scientology (2012)

They mentioned Tom...

https://www.yourtango.com/entertainm...y-relationship

Boniadi was told to entertain the Miscaviges as she had come home early due to a snowmobile accident and was injured.

During the encounter, she had trouble keeping up with David’s rapid-fire English speaking and had reportedly asked “Excuse me?” several times.
    In Scientology, the ability to have your communication land is crucial, so she had made a grave mistake.
    “Miscavige took that as an insult,” says a confidant of the woman’s, which led to Cruise being furious with her and resulted in their eventual downfall.
    Boniadi was forced to “atone” for her transgression and “confess” her crimes to the church, and while she still lived with Cruise, the distance between them never stopped growing.
    “During the third week of January, Boniadi was asked to pack a bag and move into the Celebrity Centre,” Vanity Fair reported.
    When she had asked why, the source revealed that Tommy Davis had told her “He wants someone who has her own power—like Nicole.”
    The search for Cruise’s new wife began, and Boniadi was quickly and efficiently done away with without even being told she had been broken up with by Cruise.
    “Tom never broke up with her,” Marc Headley, a known Scientologist whistleblower told Vanity Fair. “He never spoke to her.”

...arranged marriage broken off by Miscavige. Tom not even speaking to her...

...then there is this...https://ifunny.co/picture/in-the-mov...main-ZFdDaCY07

...and I thought...didn't people say he was ESE? But his Fe isn't Fe, it's just his egocentric emotions...there's no intelligence/empathy behind it; is it Te with a superficial Fe veneer? PDB seems to agree with LSE as well...don't know if that's a good or bad sign...

...L Ron Hubbard was creepy...that smile, feels like he would murder me in my sleep, if it suited him... -
    ...I don't know if he was a messed up creepy IEE or messed up creepy LIE...I guess by function dimensionality he had low thinking and high Ne because he seemed to believe you could actually achieve "mind over matter" to the detriment of all apparent evidence to the otherwise...

...people joke...socionics is a 'cult'...but that's ^ a cult...

TIM
    ENTP
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Victor Gulenko and @Adam Strange know.

Anytime, Scientology is basically a reinventing of Catholic sanctification except based on skiffy tropes instead of Christian tradition. There's really only one way to result in a saint and everyone (the Buddha, John Wesley, L. Ron Hubbard, etc...) keeps reinventing the wheel.

Salvation by belief is a joke
    Last edited by CosmicCat; 07-10-2024 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Chronology
    (My name is Yon Yonson,
    I live in Wisconsin.
    I work in a lumber yard there.
    The people I meet as
    I walk down the street,
    They say "Hello!"
    I say "Hello!"
    They say "What's your name?"
    I say: (My name is Yon Yonson...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123