Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PLEASE type me - IEI or EII?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No worries Scapegrace, I see we're very different. Speaking of different, I can already tell some members around here are a bit ...special

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    so you're not a carefree type. That would mean that whoever typed you SEI is wrong

I would say you're farsighted dichotomy based on what you say in the above...let's see which types those are...

SEE is still a farsighted type.
    Not sure you can attribute any of that solely to the carefree/farsighted dichotomy.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Heh, you can diss deltas all you like if that's what you want to do. My point was merely to point out that using highly subjective, loaded terms like "boring" or "exciting" in an attempt to help someone figure out their type isn't necessarily very helpful.

What comes to "boring", some random online dictionary defined it as "so uninteresting as to cause mental weariness". I find that satisfactory enough, and it fits how I perceive (most) SLEs. It's not so much about a person's unpredictableness, people can be unpredictable in uninteresting ways, too. Or predictable in their unpredictableness (choosing surprising activities/topics, but always interacting/going on about them in similar ways, etc).

Do you think thins "impossible to find your conflictor boring"-thing if true for everyone, or unique to Delta NF:s (and maybe some other types)? If the latter, what do you think would make Delta NF:s different? Also, do you think I'm mistyped or lying about being bored by SLEs? Bleh, maybe our understanding of boredom is just very different, but you're really not making much sense to me.
    Stop attaching content thatīs not there to my words. Obviously she was coming from a very subjective perspective with what she initially said, Iīm sure it was pretty clear to everyone, common knowledge, you didnīt enlighten anyone. The only thing thatīs not useless in this discussion is your question whether one finds their Conflictor boring. So to answer from my experience : as kkmr said, itīs at first tense and exciting , then disappointing and requiring distance because of deeply rooted misunderstandings and conflict.
    Last edited by Amber; 01-14-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Hkkmr, that's very insightful and you explained it perfectly. I've never thought about I/E from this pov. Yeah, I definitely think a lot and am concerned how other people perceive me. But I think I have trouble seeing the difference between 4w3 and 3w4 in this aspect .

I also definitely verbalize internal content in an image constructing way. I sometimes even say some of my thoughts and observation out loud, as I would be explaining them to an audience (i try to make them understandable, for example logically summarizing them, deducting information, putting conclusions into paragraphs and trying to remember them at the same time) . It's like I'm preparing material for some speech that never actually happens - thank god ) I ALWAYS have others in my mind, when I'm thinking in my head, sometimes even specific people. Funny though how I hate public speeches.

God that was difficult to put into words in english. I swear I will never talk about myself after this thread dies down

One more question: do you find dichotomies accurate for typing?. Cause I think I'm more on the IEI side if going by them.
    So far you donīt seem Constructivist to me. So iīm sticking to IEI. They can be accurate, but I don't use them as the most important tool. Some are harder to spot only from a discussion , cause people often don't know themselves too well, and you have to see them in action for a longer while (eg. process-result).

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@darya it's impossible to type someone based on a forum thread with Reinin Dichotomies.

I recommend you to become familiar with Model A when you're more familiar with Socionics you can use Reinin Dichotomies trying to self-type.

When I started with socionics I also picked up Reinin Dichotomies early because I thought it's a easy and accurate way for self-typing. Well it isn't at all.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries Scapegrace, I see we're very different. Speaking of different, I can already tell some members around here are a bit ...special
    "special" as in mentally challenged?

I feel slighted! ;-)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A mentally challenged ILE? That would be like finding Bigfoot

"Special" as in cuckoo. But who am I to judge hehe..

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    Stop attaching content thatīs not there to my words. Obviously she was coming from a very subjective perspective with what she initially said, Iīm sure it was pretty clear to everyone, common knowledge, you didnīt enlighten anyone. The only thing thatīs not useless in this discussion is your question whether one finds their Conflictor boring. So to answer from my experience : as kkmr said, itīs at first tense and exciting , then disappointing and requiring distance because of deeply rooted misunderstandings and conflict.
    Lol, you and me sure are unable to appreciate each other's viewpoints. I don't think there's much to be gained from this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

A mentally challenged ILE? That would be like finding Bigfoot

"Special" as in cuckoo. But who am I to judge hehe..
    I Resemble That Remark !

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    [/B]When I started with socionics I also picked up Reinin Dichotomies early because I thought it's a easy and accurate way for self-typing. Well it isn't at all.
    Reinin is one of the more difficult topics in socionics, because many of the dichotomies are deduced and only aligned with the most limited of observations. Also many Reinin are the undercurrents which affect compatibility and not surface level interactions which are more readily apparent. A good example is merry/serious and judicious/decisive, these are two key compatibility characteristics yet within each quadra there are 4 types, 2 clubs and 4 temperaments and many differences between these individuals.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite part of Reinin dichotomies is when Maritsa acts like "serious" means that people don't have a sense of humor.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    @darya it's impossible to type someone based on a forum thread with Reinin Dichotomies.

I recommend you to become familiar with Model A when you're more familiar with Socionics you can use Reinin Dichotomies trying to self-type.

When I started with socionics I also picked up Reinin Dichotomies early because I thought it's a easy and accurate way for self-typing. Well it isn't at all.
    This is very true.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound nuts. Therefore IEI>EII.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    My favorite part of Reinin dichotomies is when Maritsa acts like "serious" means that people don't have a sense of humor.
    exactly

point was very well made.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And you are some kind of authority on sense of humour ?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    exactly

point was very well made.

I'm glad we agree.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234