Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ISTj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He does have Ne PoLR because he needs to see (Se) and analyze (Ti) information for himself (introvert) and it must be rational in order for him to finally come to settle on something and the Ne does not shift his focus to abstract ideals just because someone said something interesting. Can't you guys see the actual work that he's put through his mental, rational, process for this, covering details (Se)?

His stubbornness and needing to have information that satisfies his own ideas is a part of being an introvert and having a subjective additive to external ideas.

How do you like my Ti Role in the above analysis? LOLOLOLOL
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's okay, you can be ISTj as long as you make sure that given that now you're PoLR you will NEVER change your type again.
    The reverse of the coin is that when he will change his type again, no one will be allowed to doubt he is not Ne-PoLR .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    It's okay, you can be ISTj as long as you make sure that given that now you're PoLR you will NEVER change your type again.
    The reverse of the coin is that when he will change his type again, no one will be allowed to doubt he is not Ne-PoLR .
    Which begs an obvious question: if Dew truly has been Ne PoLR all along, how to explain the fact that he has changed his mind about his type every month since joining the forum?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    1) "I can't narrow it down"... If you can't narrow down WHY you think what you do, then how can I take your argument seriously? Otherwise it just remains another opinion on the internet of someone who doesn't even know me.
    2) I DO enjoy discussing my socionics type online on an internet forum about socionics, you got me there.
    3) I'm not just doing this to make a 'big show' or to 'start flaming'.
    4) Even if I was doing this purely to get attention, I disagree with your implication that it must mean that I'm an extrovert. Everyone needs some attention every now and then, even introverts.
    1) I said I can't narrow it down because I can't narrow it down. This implies that I also don't THINK that I can narrow it down. How can someone come to a profound conclusion based on false data from your partly faked interaction here? I just said that you're not ISTj.
    2)-4) An Introvert would still choose other ways and means. You're not introverted.

However, since I know this won't change anything: Have fun with you new type, "ISTj".
    (no matter if almost the whole forum disagrees, they have no clue)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Sorry to hound on you if consistency really isn't your thing. (As you claim it to be, monsieur dom)
    That's it. Your reasoning seems totally off throughout this thread.

- I want to know what you all think, even though I don't care.
    - You all don't know me personally and therefore aren't qualified to type but let's discuss it.
    - Wow, I look like those LSIs, that means I must be LSI! (because we all know VI ist 100% accurate)
    - This gallery is awesome, however, Ashton (the main creator), is an idiot and biased
    - But wait, I actually was always sure that LSI fits me best. (even if I've been dead sure that I'm LSE, SLE, ESE before)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol +1 ^
    언제나.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol +1 ^

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post

No, what he said simply means that language is not 100% correlated to personality -- doesn't mean that it has 0 correlation to it as you claimed it is. Granted, it has some relevance but it's not as a means to an end to your final typing.

It's kinda like saying you're <insert type here> because I wear a shoe that this type wears.
    Yes thank you.
    lolwhut
    언제나.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look a lot like an ESE friend of mine; I don't expect you to believe me, I just felt like saying it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

May I use this in the future?
    Sure.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal View Post
    You look a lot like an ESE friend of mine; I don't expect you to believe me, I just felt like saying it.
    Mmmm.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post

/facepalm
    I hope you realize I was being sarcastic... although somehow my sarcasm on the internetzz comes across as Fe.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE the post with the VI comparisons. Especially MD and Hillary! Tooooo funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal View Post
    He kind of resembles Daniel Tosh:

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question:

You say you like to joke around. This is not incompatible with ISTj type, IMO. But, how do people typically respond to your jokes? Go ask some trusted friends their opinion of your sense of humor. Then report back here

When you hug people, what's it like? Do you tend to be warm and relaxed, or kinda cold and stiff? Again, you may need to ask some friends and family about this to get an accurate answer.

I'm half-tempted to try Skyping with you. I have a brother who is pretty clearly LSI; it would be interesting to compare you with him and see if you're anywhere close.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please read the type description first, BEFORE arguing that it doesn't fit me. That way your argument will hold its weight better.
    Lol yeah because a few sentences from that one description (the worst site to quote from btw) justifies how you were consistently behaving for months on this forum. An LSI would never be that comfortable using so much Fe.

This is your best point. However, I get a lot of people who say I just don't look like LSI, or I look more like ESEs. Well IMHO, I look a lot like LSIs! But that's just it, an opinion. So, just like I took 45 mins to copy/paste some pictures together for VI on this thread, if you could at least post some pictures of ESEs that you think I look like MORE than LSIs, I'd appreciate it. Prove me wrong with physical evidence, not necessarily just opinion.
    That's a good example of Ni PoLR + weak Ti right there, lol. And no, I'm not going to, I'm on my phone, aside from that it's a waste of time. You are not in the right state of mind for reason, you aren't being open minded. This is how you get each time you have a new self typing.
    However, let's take a look at what you just said and compare that with an actual LSI. "I look a lot like LSIs!" All throughout this thread you are posting exclamation points everywhere. NO LSI talks like that. I did a scan over squark's last 100 posts and found 3 posts that featured any excitement. Scanned over Dj's, and don't think I found one. Another distinction is the way you use so much emphasis. Looking at Dj's and squark's posts, you can tell they are the same type, and that they are LSI. They sound dry and clear, state everything in a matter of fact tone. I've never witnessed an LSI that uses as much emphasis as you do.
    Also, my sisters are LSI and ESE, and I'm dating an LSI that almost everyone on the forum agrees is LSI - I think I can tell the difference.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Key word being "spoken" though. My IRL friends all notice how analytical I am. But I am giving you a hard time, and you make a good point, that my language must come across with . Could you explain now how my language does NOT include ?
    You have absolutely no consistency. You contradict yourself all the time, and don't even realize that you are doing it. You can't hold thoughts together at all. And I'm not talking about saying one thing, and then later on changing your mind about it, I'm talking about in any given post you're contradicting yourself, sometimes multiple times, and don't seem to understand how one thing cannot fit with another. It's so bad that it's hard to even ADDRESS anything you say. There's no place to even start.

Ti leading people can be stupid, and can say dumb things, or just not know what we're talking about, and our understanding can be totally wrong, or completely unrealistic, but that understanding makes sense within itself. It ties together. One thing follows another. It's not a haphazard jumble of antagonistic pieces.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read my main post, I didn't JUST decide on LSI because of VI. I have several other reasons as well.
    Fair enough. I still think you're placing far too much emphasis on VI. Good, accurate functional analyses > "Hey, I look like these guys!" any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    That provides the typings in the gallery really are that type, which is one big pitfall. Second, I'm not into VI (using physical features) as a valid form of typing, so I won't really agree with you on your point anyway.
    Then offer a solution, not just complaining about a problem.
    I see. I was unaware that holding a dialogue with another forumite who addressed me and elaborating on my views in answer to his posts was complaining.

If you don't like VI, do share how you prefer to type yourself/others?
    Functions and quadras. Some intertype relations. Also, I tend to ask the opinions of people I feel are more knowledgeable than I.

At this point, I'm only repeating what has been said, but I would like to see a thorough functional analysis from you. Specifically, why are you creative and PoLR?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Please read the type description first, BEFORE arguing that it doesn't fit me. That way your argument will hold its weight better.
    Lol yeah because a few sentences from that one description (the worst site to quote from btw) justifies how you were consistently behaving for months on this forum. An LSI would never be that comfortable using so much Fe.
    Yes and no to that. Fe, as a valued function, is used by someone slowly to initiate Fe favoring atmosphere and being funny and emotionally expressive isn't that much Fe, it's more in observing emotional atmospheres and interpreting them, as an extraverted function. He expresses Fe in his inability to trust others, especially me, sometimes, when I say something, unless he sees it for himself (Se).
    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Key word being "spoken" though. My IRL friends all notice how analytical I am. But I am giving you a hard time, and you make a good point, that my language must come across with . Could you explain now how my language does NOT include ?
    You have absolutely no consistency. You contradict yourself all the time, and don't even realize that you are doing it. You can't hold thoughts together at all. And I'm not talking about saying one thing, and then later on changing your mind about it, I'm talking about in any given post you're contradicting yourself, sometimes multiple times, and don't seem to understand how one thing cannot fit with another. It's so bad that it's hard to even ADDRESS anything you say. There's no place to even start.

Ti leading people can be stupid, and can say dumb things, or just not know what we're talking about, and our understanding can be totally wrong, or completely unrealistic, but that understanding makes sense within itself. It ties together. One thing follows another. It's not a haphazard jumble of antagonistic pieces.
    He explores ideas and tries to find consistencies; those are a part of Ti and Ni valuing. You, yourself, have said on the forum that you also tend to contradict yourself. Ti isn't exclusively a contradicting catching police. Tying ideas together in an internal logical correlation is what Ti does, not external stuff, so much. Ti may find external notions, examples and ideas to match an internal thought or idea, which he is doing with his concept of VI and how that matches him; tying things together.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think he's successfully trolled all of us by getting us to fight about his type. lol
    언제나.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the pic I saw of you, at the time, I remember you looked Beta.

you seem Beta-ST. I think I posted back then that I thought you were ISTJ.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, this is also how I see it.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You, yourself, have said on the forum that you also tend to contradict yourself.
    Bullshit. Show me where I've said that. And then pick up some kind of reading comprehension skills and try again, because you're failing so far.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You, yourself, have said on the forum that you also tend to contradict yourself.
    Bullshit. Show me where I've said that. And then pick up some kind of reading comprehension skills and try again, because you're failing so far.
    Better don't ask.

go to hell LSIs and carry as many LIIs as possible on your back. hey jk.not.hah,yeah,totally.no,not really.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I don't mind Ashton at all!

"Today, 04:02 PM
    Remove user from ignore listAshton
    This message is hidden because Ashton is on your ignore list."

Been that way for a few days. I figured... he never reads anything anyway... just like his signature... he always bashing any idea without even considering it, is rude to everyone... why should I continue to show him the respect of reading what he writes?
    Jesus Christ.

Do you really not see the Fe that you exude in almost every post you make and the Ne that is in many of them? If you really don't, then you are already lost in a world of confirmation bias and self-fulfilling prophecies in an attempt to once again validate your type change.

See, it isn't because you used too many smilies that people thought you are ESE. It isn't even because you always seemed to maintain a highly extroverted attitude. It is because almost all of your posts are filled with descriptions and words regarding the external emotional environment. Your attempts to try to mold yourself into a new type every few months fail because no matter how much you get rid of what you thought made us think you are ESE, and no matter how much you tell the forum that you're not "bubbly" and that we know nothing since we don't "know" you, you cannot hide your clear areas of gravitation in thought.

Your OP in this thread is plenty telling with regards to what I have said above, but I opted to not bother to quote it since I see quite a few other people have noted the ESE qualities portrayed in that post.

Doh! You quoted him, now I see what he put.

You believe Ashton? Isn't it obvious that he puts "at all", that they're "completely off". I mean c'mon, I look a LOT like the ISTjs. It's not "completely off". How do you explain that? Did you even consider it?

Just looked at the ESE pics again on the site, and I still think the ESEs have a certain formalness about them... trying to be polite all the time. I still think I LOOK more like ISTjs, and I think it fits my personality overall MUCH more.

But thanks again for the opinion poli, I will definitely come back at some point and check impressions.
    To this I have to say: don't trust VI. If it is valid in any way to begin with, it is not within the ability of many to do it. Your whole reconsideration of LSI was due to finding a VI website that contains pictures of LSI's that look like you, correct? Sorry to say it, but Ashton is correct about VI. You're not 'x' type just because you look like members of a certain type. Even the similar mannerisms or facial expressions don't mean very much. I looked at the pictures you replied to poli with for comparison and though many of these people look like you or even share the same facial expression, it doesn't automatically mean that you are LSI.

If you want to believe you're LSI (or any other type), go ahead. No one is stopping you. But don't expect most of the members of the community to ever acknowledge it. suggestive and PoLR for you just isn't right. They are both right there on the surface. Also, if you don't need external validation, why even make this thread? It's not enough just to say you are a type. You have to prove it to others.
    Last edited by nil; 10-06-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    I looked at the pictures you replied to poli with for comparison and though many of these people look like you or even share the same facial expression, it doesn't automatically mean that you are LSI.
    I still think he V.Is like 264.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Fe-ESE 2w3 so/sp
    ooh, and it rhymes so prettily...
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooooooooo.... I began looking at celebrities of every single type...
    Fe.

when I looked at ISTj, and BAM! THESE PEOPLE LOOK LIKE ME! haha.
    Fe

they just saw the crazy MD a bit ago with all the smilies, that I was doing for fun haha.
    Fe

Although it was fun, going crazy with all the smilies, and shaking things up ............. how many people thought it was natural? C'mon... no real ESFjs are as annoying as that, imho.
    Fe

Sorry to be rude
    Fe

Thanks for reading, have a great day!
    Fe

All in one post. You are also obviously Ne/Si valuing. Sorry but i'm gonna have to side with the people who type you ESE.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    I looked at the pictures you replied to poli with for comparison and though many of these people look like you or even share the same facial expression, it doesn't automatically mean that you are LSI.
    I still think he V.Is like 264.
    I tried really hard to find #264, but then i got it

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

Soooooooooooo.... I began looking at celebrities of every single type...
    Fe.

Fe

Fe

Fe

Fe

Thanks for reading, have a great day!
    Fe

All in one post. You are also obviously Ne/Si valuing. Sorry but i'm gonna have to side with the people who type you ESE.
    That's not what Fe is; Fe is drawn into objects where the personal subjective character is lost (Fi) hence ignoring Fi; if anything, Mountain Dew uses a lot of Fi. Fe would rather be swallowed up in their own feeling process of melancholy and other feelings than of displaying these to the world. If he were Fe, his feelings would correspond to this situation/thread because Fe is external and objective, it tends to reflect the norms of the situation/tradition. Fe tends to get into negative type of thinking, unlike Mountain Dew. That's why FeNi is a negativist type. Everything in those post is a subjective remark to external observation, as in, "when I began looking...;" "When I looked at...;"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

True. I made a mistake. But I hope you can see the concept he's building and according to him it's right, even though to you it may not be because of other circumstances such as more knowledge, which would render your consistency to be different from his.

My boyfriend, just last night, while making out told me, "You're not detail oriented."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-28-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

That's not what Fe is; Fe is drawn into objects where the personal subjective character is lost (Fi) hence ignoring Fi; if anything, Mountain Dew uses a lot of Fi. Fe would rather be swallowed up in their own feeling process of melancholy and other feelings than of displaying these to the world. If he were Fe, his feelings would correspond to this situation/thread because Fe is external and objective, it tends to reflect the norms of the situation/tradition. Fe tends to get into negative type of thinking, unlike Mountain Dew. That's why FeNi is a negativist type. Everything in those post is a subjective remark to external observation, as in, "when I began looking...;" "When I looked at...;"
    I'm not sure that makes sense, Maritsa. I wish I could believe you.

True. I made a mistake. But I hope you can see the concept he's building and according to him it's right, even though to you it may not be because of other circumstances such as more knowledge, which would render your consistency to be different from his.
    I DO greatly appreciate your sticking up for me. But I'm abandoning LSI.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    - This gallery is awesome, however, Ashton (the main creator), is an idiot and biased.
    I don't have time to respond to everything in this thread, but I just wanted to quote this and point out that I never called Ashton an idiot. I did argue that he was biased about my type, yes, but I do think he is very intelligent. And it turns out he may have been right all along, anyway.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"I am sad" = introverted feeling

Fortunately for you and everyone else, type is not a choice. You can pretend to be another type, but, that's not going to change you and your relations. Inter-type relations between LSI and LII are not very good.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to quote this and point out that I never called Ashton an idiot. I did argue that he was biased about my type, yes, but I do think he is very intelligent.
    Okay, that one was my bad.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My boyfriend, just last night, while making out told me, "You're not detail oriented."
    How did that happen? You were thinking you're kissing him but instead made out with a flower pot, and that's when he said "you're not detail oriented"?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol what the fuck
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You totally missed my points. What you are remarking on is not what i was pointing out as being signs of Fe.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahhaa
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    ahahhaa
    Just so you know it looks kind of silly when you laugh and don't say what it's about. It's kind of awesome in its own right though lol
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast