View Poll Results: What's your placement on the Vosem Chart?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Labour

1 4.17%
  • Liberal

11 45.83%
  • Libertarian

7 29.17%
  • Anarcho-syndicalist

2 8.33%
  • Authoritarian

0 0%
  • Totalitarian

2 8.33%
  • Conservative

2 8.33%
  • Paleo-conservative

2 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your Placement on the Vosem Chart?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Because most people are ignorant conformists and cause more trouble in society than they do serve it. It's a historical fact, and I'm not one to disassociate. I'm not sure if many people are aware that politics are mostly corrupt, unjust and inefficient in practice, validated by more historical sets of facts. Paleoconservatism is the most personalized and politic-diminishing form of government on this list, and has lead to many less civil and technological difficulties down the road. Democracy is usually a poor attempt at being objective and there are no confident signs of it maintaining prosperity.
    You do know that paleoconservatism is The Man, don't you? Paleoconservatives are the definition of a conformist.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    You do know that paleoconservatism is The Man, don't you? Paleoconservatives are the definition of a conformist.
    Yes, and it further embraces the truth: culture. Culture takes many forms, but is the evolution of man in disguise. Democracy destroys history, the foundation, and no one comes together until the very end of its aimless reign. Only the ignorant believe in a freedom that never was, a freedom from oneself.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All three are ridiculous caricatures and I refuse to identify with any.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    All three are ridiculous caricatures and I refuse to identify with any.

You could always at least read the wikipedia descriptions of each one and then make a decision. Or you can continue being a ****** .

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The closest to my position in that poll is probably paleoconservative anyway.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lachmannian monarcho-Leeian developmental market reformist.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say that three times fast.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Well maybe we can be friends then.
    Sounds good to me.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cultural: strongly 1
    Fiscal: moderately 1
    Corporate: slightly 2. Neither description appealed to me or accurately reflected my views
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

cultural - 1
    fiscal - 1
    corporate - 2

liberal.

the descriptions are obviously exaggerated and polarized. i would be surprised if anybody actually identified completely with the three sections that they chose, heh.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Culture Group 2, Fiscal Group 2, Corporate Group 4: Fudge Packer
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cultural - both descriptions are much too extreme to actually identify with them. My first reaction would have been to choose 1, because it sounds less evil. However, the first option sounds like promoting a chaotic society, which doesn't sound very well either. If I had to choose, I'd still go with the first one.

fiscal - 1. option

corporate - 2. option

It's quite odd: If someone is undecided in the first dichotomy but chooses the rest like me, the result would be either liberal or totalitarian. This can be extremely misleading because they are exact opposites aside from this chart, at least how I understand it.
    I like the political compass better.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite odd: If someone is undecided in the first dichotomy but chooses the rest like me, the result would be either liberal or totalitarian. This can be extremely misleading because they are exact opposites aside from this chart, at least how I understand it.
    It would be the complete opposite of classical liberalism (libertarianism). The liberalism this refers to is the progressive version, known as social-democracy in Europe, that advocates strong government in alleged protection of individual (mostly cultural) freedom. The "strong government" part is where totalitarianism and this version of Liberalism overlap.

as for me, I'm sort of 1, 1.5, 1.5; the second two are empirical issues that need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    It would be the complete opposite of classical liberalism (libertarianism). The liberalism this refers to is the progressive version, known as social-democracy in Europe, that advocates strong government in alleged protection of individual (mostly cultural) freedom. The "strong government" part is where totalitarianism and this version of Liberalism overlap.
    Ah, okay. I misunderstood this because it is different in english. 'This' liberalism here (I know it as 'social liberalism') refers to regulated markets but freedom in personal issues.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    the second two are empirical issues that need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
    This.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely class 1 for culture, maybe class 1 for fiscal, but the last one was really fuzzy for me. Like I would agree with the basic premises of one but not its rammifications. I put myself down as class 1 on it for now, but I'm really not placing weight on it until I know what exactly it's trying to define.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12