Thread: The Grey One

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Grey One

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!! So this is my dad. Type him if you can, he's a tricky one! He tests as every possible thing.
    I don't want to describe him to much, because he says something one day and then something else the next.
    Here's what I can say

Always positive
    Happy with life
    Almost never gets down
    Loves traveling
    Not sporty

That's just a couple. Good luck!
    Hakuna Matata

Creepy-cinq

This is tricky. The more recent photos - I would have guessed ST, probably ESTj Enneagram 8w9.

Describe him. What is he like? How does he think? What are his interests, his beliefs?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    My man is a hard worker at work. He is in charge of much including 100's of people.
    At home he likes to have the entire family join him in what he would like to do. For example if he wants to go out he would like everyone to come along or if he wants to sit and watch a movie he likes everyone to be there beside him.
    He is good at things that I am not and vice versa.
    Everything has to be very tidy and in it's correct place.
    I find him to be not very objective when it comes to things about himself.
    He is very ambitious and respects people who work hard.
    Spends hours and hours and hours categorizing things like music.
    He loves to hold hands and hug often.
    He can get very excited and enthusiastic about holidays, travel etc.
    He likes big toys and the latest technologies.
    Food and technology's are the things that he doesn't mind spending money on.
    He always looks so comfortable no matter where he is.
    Giving speeches in front of many people does not faze him.
    He says that he likes to get reactions from people.
    To me he seems very sensing and not intuitive.
    He is very proud of his children and likes them to be good members of society. He lights up when he talks about them.
    Dr Who is his favourite tv show followed by Star Trek.
    He seems to have a silly switch which is hard to turn off once it is on.
    He likes to be a leader.
    He likes to delegate.

If I think of anything else to add later I will.
    So are ESTp's...and? ESTj's don't like to manage. Does he like public displays of affection? Is he paranoid?

Gueorgui Zhukov—Marshal of the Soviet Union, a famous commander during the World War II.

1. The end result. This is the only thing that interests him. All he needs to achieve the final result he considers to be his vested interests. He is a strong-willed, determined person. "If stars shine at night – then somebody wanted it". With all his appearance he demonstrates he is far from being ostentatious, does not care for the impression he makes with others. “I did not understand, please repeat." – used to say Sergey Korolyov, the mastermind of the Soviet space technology. Few of Soviet top executives had the guts to ask this from Beria, the head of the Soviet secret police. All The Commander does is performed with ardor, passionately and must be brought to its conclusion. He has the personality of an untamed struggler, who must come out on top no matter what the cost. "One should not avoid difficulties! One needs to learn how to overcome them" is his motto.

2. Die Hard. The expression "severe but just" became already trivial about this sort of persons. Marshal Zhukov was a really tough person, but only he could say to Stalin: "If you believe that the Head of the Chief Headquarters is capable only of talking gibberish, then he has no reason to be here. I ask you to relieve me of my rank as the Head of the Chief Headquarters and to send to the front". He has no back thoughts about his right to manage other people. Even taking into account his love to collegial discussion of issues, he always reserves the last sentence for himself. This is usually compensated by profound passion for his cause and the ability to seed the same enthusiasm in others.

3. A fine tactician. He quickly grasps the current situation and distribution of power, makes a decision and acts. He is capable of political maneuvering but never forgets his line. He possesses powerful logic function, but this kind of logic is determined and thus biased, its purpose isn’t philosophical speculations but the creative search for the shortcut to finding a solution. It is easier for him to concede his logic than his goal.

4. Dispassionate. He seldom gives in to fear, hatred, and other negative emotions, rarely gets surprised and rarely envies. The more dangerous the situation, the more self-disciplined and resolute he becomes.

5. He does not like to speak about feelings: this is not his line. And if by chance such words slip out, he feels as if he betrayed himself. He is afraid of emotional love, considering it an undeserved luxury. He is anxious of other feelings as well. Perceiving others to be just like him, he has no doubt that he may be desired, but he is seldom sure he can also be loved. He needs his partner’s emotional support and submits his emotions to him. However, in practical activity he never tends to adaptation, but only to dictation.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your dad, I think, is the same type as Tom Hanks, what did everyone say his type was, ENFp?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Creepy-cinq

I can see E3 as a possibility given your description. And, what would you say about your relationship with the grey one, given your knowledge of socionics intertype relations. Even without knowing about intertype relations theory, how would you describe your relationship with him over the years? Would you consider him your dual, or does he mirror you, or is there something that better describes you relationship?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Also, he is popular wherever he goes, much more so than I am. Everyone loves him it seems including all of the ladies!
    Christopher Reeve was an avid sailor also an ESTp..why you can't see resemblence is beyond me, may be denial?
    -