Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    OK so its minus 3 degrees centigrade here today and I've popped into the pub for a half whiskey half Guinness to warm the cockles so to speak.

I'm kinda interested in peoples tips to keep cozy this coming winter. Here's mine:

1. Alcohol..hot toadies, whisky, mulled wine hmmmm
    2. Long johns and thermal vests - yup! Not trendy but highly effective!
    3. Gloves to keep hands warm and throwing snowballs
    4. Sitting by a coal fire as I am just now!
    5. Living above a dead lesbian who died just after switching her heating on full blast and constant. Seriously, dunno if she's alive but I just need to lie on the floor to get a heat. Might even sleep on it.
    6. Get your second hand socks! Well there not second hand, but you get a good deal from army surplus stores and they're the business
    7. Break your mates heating so it's on full blast and pop round for tea when it's especially cold.
    8. Keep burning fossil fuels
    Haha, especially at the last one... global warming ftw. And who cares about style when comfort's at stake?

When stationary, I try tea, hot chocolate, blankets, candles (they make the air warmer and smell good, too), fluffy socks, soup, and - when I can get 'em - people to cuddle with.

When I can't stay in one place, just movement in general can keep me warm. But then I need plenty of fuel to replenish the extra lost energy. (It sure is expensive to live in cold...) Layers help, too, as you mentioned.

I'm actually fairly certain I'm allergic to cold. Even if my core temperature is ok, if my extremities get cold they swell up and get red and itchy when they start to get warm again. My sister is similar, except her reaction is a bit scarier. Her fingers and toes turn greenish white and numb, and look suspiciously like those of a dead person's. (And she knows what dead hands look like, believe me.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another depressing note, I can't upload and share a clip that I especially like from Back to the Future. They keep saying it's copyrighted and I'm going to jail, or something like that. It's just a short little clip, meant to whet the appetite, not steal glory or money!

It has one of my favorite lines ever from any movie.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, Lobo? Just fuck off.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here I was hoping you'd posted a brilliant solution to my movie clip problem.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    And here I was hoping you'd posted a brilliant solution to my movie clip problem.
    Which scene is it? Tell me a way I can find it. If nothing else, quote (/pm) me a part of the dialogue.

UPDATE: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post717939
    Last edited by Park; 11-29-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Which scene is it?
    The one where Doc Brown says, "Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it." And in front of him he has this amazingly complex model of the town square.

Creepy-male

Quick question Delta, I know April has been in here with some serious problems, and I don't want to steal away with the limelight, but I could use some internet peeps anyone at all showing some concern or caring for some fairly frustrating problems I've been dealing with for a while now.

Is that alright?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:frown:

The one where Doc Brown says, "Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it." And in front of him he has this amazingly complex model of the town square.

I love you for quoting B2TF

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Quick question Delta, I know April has been in here with some serious problems, and I don't want to steal away with the limelight, but I could use some internet peeps anyone at all showing some concern or caring for some fairly frustrating problems I've been dealing with for a while now.

Is that alright?
    Of course, go right ahead
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Alright, bear with me. I've calmed down a lot, so it's hard to focus on what was upsetting me before. My brain tends to lock these things away, unsurprisingly.

What gets irritating is that they obviously don't go away, so I wind up in situations like what I was just in where life throws me a fine volley of chaos, breaking my resistance down... and then the vultures descend.

I'm just frustrated at a lot of things that don't seem to have any solution, but continue to be problems. That frustration then opens me up to my lingering feeling of hopelessness, which has something that has been there since I was a kid. It seems my only real way of dealing with it is to just not face stressful situations that draw it out, namely university and this other problem I'm facing, which I won't get into.

It's also frustrating, because people who *should* be helping me, mental health people, do not. It seems like they have only disparaging remarks for me. The people that offer their support, my friends, soon buckle under everything I try to get off my chest.

Anyway, I'm sorry for drawing attention to myself like this. I think I might just have been really upset and frazzled before.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear that Arthur. Ill probably skip the preaching part for you as I doubt it would work well on you. Just one thing though "It seems my only real way of dealing with it is to just not face stressful situations that draw it out", I really doubt its the case. Im not saying you will wake up one day with great willpower to deal with some kind of problems but people sometimes are in different situations in life, some of those situations are actually helping us with whatever problems we have, so its not futile or without a chance of dealing with them. There are lots of things like self-respect, self-confidence, responsability and yadda yadda which can be gained, at least to a moderate degree and they in turn help deal with other problems we may have.

Also what the hell with mental health people? Well I do realise they might be non-so helpfull but "disparaging remarks"? Thats not cool. Unless its not that but your taking it too personally.

Overall though, are you thinking of dropping university or somesuch? Id say keep it cool . Aaaanyway, that was probably still to preachy than I intended, so sorry about that. Take care of yourself but dont get too carried away with running from problems .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, bear with me. I've calmed down a lot, so it's hard to focus on what was upsetting me before. My brain tends to lock these things away, unsurprisingly.

What gets irritating is that they obviously don't go away, so I wind up in situations like what I was just in where life throws me a fine volley of chaos, breaking my resistance down... and then the vultures descend.

I'm just frustrated at a lot of things that don't seem to have any solution, but continue to be problems. That frustration then opens me up to my lingering feeling of hopelessness, which has something that has been there since I was a kid. It seems my only real way of dealing with it is to just not face stressful situations that draw it out, namely university and this other problem I'm facing, which I won't get into.
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way, but if it helps you're not at all odd for it, I think a lot, if not everyone, goes through a period like this in their life, I know I have to. Some people might just look like they're immune to it, but that's because they deal with it in different ways, in which many are far worse than withdrawing

It's also frustrating, because people who *should* be helping me, mental health people, do not. It seems like they have only disparaging remarks for me. The people that offer their support, my friends, soon buckle under everything I try to get off my chest.
    I'm not sure if it's available in your area, but do they have group meetings for people who deal with what you're going through? I train at a hospital and have heard from people that have been to them that they found them more beneficial than speaking to medical professions because they can all relate to one another and not feel guilty about their problems.
    I think a lot of doctors want to help and they've studied everything about their field but they can never really understand what it's their patients are going through, because they've never experienced it for themselves. I think the same can be said for friends and family members, they want to help, they just don't know how.

I guess an alternative is online forums that deal with said problem, if you haven't already gone through that

Anyway, I'm sorry for drawing attention to myself like this. I think I might just have been really upset and frazzled before.
    Don't be sorry
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The vultures?
    As in, other people and their negativity towards you?

This happens to everyone - hit a road block, then a lot of things build up, especially things that haven't been fully addressed before. Or sometime they are things that really, really don't matter at all, but because your mental/emotional state is busted, they seem like significant matters.

What I've come to realize is that this is part of life. The real life. I don't have an ounce of condescension in my words.

...I'm realizing it is like those old days, you know, where it used to just be you against the wilderness. The only thing keeping you going is your will to survive. It's a bit more dressed up now in the sense that there is 'civilization' and 'facebook friends' and places you can call or go to for distress. But the bottom line is, for me, this is a direct challenge of what is life about -- how do you manage yourself so that you can live a fulfilling life? What is the pain of this situation revealing to you? What affected your personal state such that you are feeling so vulnerable? What can you do about it?

I'm not averse to "therapists" or talking to people professionally about your problem. And I certainly value others who I can "talk to about anything". But, when it's really bad, nobody will be able to help you. They will be away or busy or distracted or whatever, and it just comes down to you. So ultimately you'll have to know, yourself, that you can get out of these situations yourself. That you can do it. That sort of addresses your next point I suppose...

Going back to my "wilderness" concept....

Real friends are hard to come by. Real allies who aren't fairweather friends or just being nice to you because you've been nice to me lately, or because you benefit their needs. They might not be aware of what is going on. But it doesn't matter.

To be honest, I recently had an issue with a close friend of mine where I felt they were being way too moody or negative towards me. I wasn't looking for 'support', per se, but, I was looking to talk to someone at any rate. And I eventually told them that I didn't want to talk to them because they were being so negative. And that's what you have to do to people sometime, no matter how close you are - you have to fight for your own interests and represent yourself reasonably to others. This isn't being a jerk, this is you being true to yourself.

And people will respect you for it.

If they don't then they are worthless and should be discarded, and definitely not invested in - in terms of people you look forward to comfort or security. That will be difficult if there is investment or interest, on either parties' part. But it's things like this, understanding those realities and acting with them, that will ultimately lead to more happiness and fulfillment in life, in my opinion.

Do what you need to do to get by. Damage control situations suck. Somebody told me the other day they were ashamed because they cry on a weekly basis - I said: so what? Do what you need to do. Keep monitoring everything else I said, and face those hard decisions about people, and about how you're managing your own life. But don't beat yourself up or feel bad for dealing with the weight of the world. It is part of life.

Finally,

any time you want anything important to you, or to really make your life better, and challenge the status quo, or change things -- expect to pay the price. I'm finding that the more I see 'anguish' as part of it all, or what I need to go through to get what I want, the less severe it seems. Ideally, I can write off the negatively totally and focus on the positive things of what I do want or what little progress I do made, or relish in the honest of my own actions (that I'm being true to myself). As a friend said recently:

Progress in life is walking 10 miles at 4am in the snow with bare feet uphill - both ways. More or less. A driving motivation is essential if you're actually going to voluntarily go through that ongoing torture.

But that's normal, that's how it is. And again, no condescension. I'm just realizing for myself what normal really is, and getting out of my bubble of safety.

I know it's old hat, but, I've seen few better than Rocky's...

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tree frog bitch.

Have you tried narrowing down things that would make you happier, like specifics? Just pick on one issue at a time and work on it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that alright?
    It's definitely alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I love you for quoting B2TF
    I just watched it this weekend and I laughed through most of it. It's brilliant stuff.

I can relate to these feelings in large part, especially the seemingly unsolvable problems continuing to cause more issues.

I often feel that most people either don't care enough or can't really handle (or can't be trusted with) my problems, so a lot of the time I just keep them to myself. That's probably an inaccurate perception on my part (or especially healthy for me), but it lingers. I guess that's probably not helpful to you, but it's some related feelings I have.

Please don't be sorry. There are times when I get so upset or frustrated that I just need *anybody* to sympathize or at least give me some form of moral support so I don't feel totally alone in the situation. And there seem to be a good number of people here who do that.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Park; 12-01-2010 at 07:04 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

Thanks, everyone

It's hard for me to seek help about emotionally-charged problems. I feel a lot of pressure to be able to do something with them, like I can't go to people for just support, I have to come with a battle plan of how I'm going to take action to solve the problem. I suppose it doesn't help that I've been getting more and more out of touch with my emotions, and being forced to try and decode them with my thoughts.

So, that being said, it didn't feel good doing what I did here, and just "breaking down" and being unproductively emotional; then worse, getting over it in a matter of tens of minutes. What's tricky there is that that makes me feel vulnerable to being attacked for making a fuss out of trivial problems. Nobody's done that yet, so *nervous *

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's tricky there is that that makes me feel vulnerable to being attacked for making a fuss out of trivial problems. Nobody's done that yet, so...

Won't be coming from me either, but have to say...

avi.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, everyone

It's hard for me to seek help about emotionally-charged problems. I feel a lot of pressure to be able to do something with them, like I can't go to people for just support, I have to come with a battle plan of how I'm going to take action to solve the problem. I suppose it doesn't help that I've been getting more and more out of touch with my emotions, and being forced to try and decode them with my thoughts.

So, that being said, it didn't feel good doing what I did here, and just "breaking down" and being unproductively emotional; then worse, getting over it in a matter of tens of minutes. What's tricky there is that that makes me feel vulnerable to being attacked for making a fuss out of trivial problems. Nobody's done that yet, so *nervous *
    Sometimes it's nice to just vent. I know it makes me feel better. Do you have someone in your life who will let you do that? Not someone who will let you just wallow, but who will let you express yourself when you need to. In the meantime, [myself and those who elect to agree with this statement] are here. Please don't feel like you can't share with us. *pat*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's tricky there is that that makes me feel vulnerable to being attacked for making a fuss out of trivial problems. Nobody's done that yet, so *nervous *
    Yeah, it's not nice when people do that. I've had people do that to me, where I express how I'm feeling and then it gets shot down for being too trivial or ridiculous or over-the-top. (ST's seem to be the worst culprits...)

You're almost always going to get the occasional insensitive jerk who will persecute you for something like that, but just figure they're probably mean to everybody and don't take it to heart. Like Ryene said, there are lots here who care to listen when you want to vent.

On a separate subject, I keep having nightmares. About my fish. Once or twice a week I dream that their divider falls down or apart, that they die or maim each other in horrible ways, that their tank breaks, that bad water makes their pretty fins painfully rot away, and last night I dreamed I accidentally impaled the red one while trying to save him. It makes me very sad and upset because I love animals and feel responsible for their well-being.

So, my dear socionics community, who know so much about inner workings of minds and hearts, what is wrong and how can I fix it?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You apparently are looking for someone or something outside of yourself to put faith in, in regard to your fish. You want something else to 'save them' or 'make it better'.

You don't think you can handle it yourself, it seems.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a separate subject, I keep having nightmares. About my fish. Once or twice a week I dream that their divider falls down or apart, that they die or maim each other in horrible ways, that their tank breaks, that bad water makes their pretty fins painfully rot away, and last night I dreamed I accidentally impaled the red one while trying to save him. It makes me very sad and upset because I love animals and feel responsible for their well-being.

So, my dear socionics community, who know so much about inner workings of minds and hearts, what is wrong and how can I fix it?
    Nothing's wrong. You're feeling the right things, and your dreams are nothing but a reflection of your FiNe concerns.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    You apparently are looking for someone or something outside of yourself to put faith in, in regard to your fish. You want something else to 'save them' or 'make it better'.

You don't think you can handle it yourself, it seems.
    Hm, how do you get that?

Nothing's wrong. You're feeling the right things, and your dreams are nothing but a reflection of your FiNe concerns.
    That's sweet of you to say. I have to wonder, though, if nothing's wrong why do I feel bad?

I finished this today:

I think the style might be a little cliche in the design world nowadays, but I still had fun making and playing around with it.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a Delta, but I'm just going to post these...

Fish Tank
    To see or clean a fish tank in your dream, indicates how you have full control of your emotions. You keep your feelings in check. If you are watching the fish in the fish tank, then you may feel that your life is going nowhere or that you are going in circles with your life.

Fish
    To see fish swimming in your dream, signifies insights from your unconscious mind. Thus to catch a fish, represents insights which have been brought to the surface. Alternatively, a fish swimming in your dream may symbolize conception. Some women dream of swimming fish when they get pregnant. The fish is also an ancient symbol of Christianity and Christian beliefs. Consider the common phrases "like a cold fish", "fish out of water" or something that is "fishy" about a situation. It may also imply a slippery or elusive situation. Perhaps your dream could be telling you that "there are plenty of other fish in the sea", with regards to some relationship issue.

To see a dead fish, signifies disappointment and loss of power/wealth.

Aquarium
    To see an aquarium in your dream, signifies that you have acknowledged your emotions but have not yet confronted them. Thus, it may refer to your unconscious thoughts or repressed sexual desires. Also, you may feel that your life is going nowhere or that you feel it is going in circles. Alternatively, the aquarium may indicate that you need to calm down and set some time for yourself to relax and unwind.
    Last edited by Singu; 12-06-2010 at 12:10 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's sweet of you to say. I have to wonder, though, if nothing's wrong why do I feel bad?
    Feeling bad doesn't necessarily imply that something is wrong. Sometimes, feeling bad (concerned, upset, etc.) is the appropriate thing to feel. Or at least that's how I see it. In your case, you're probably overly concerned because your attachment to the subject of concern is strong and you feel some kind of responsibility.

If you want to get rid of the nightmares, I have nothing to suggest, except that you take it easy and don't worry too much about the fishies. But then, I don't think you can or should try to control your dreams. They come and go, naturally, like everything else.

I think the style might be a little cliche in the design world nowadays, but I still had fun making and playing around with it.
    Shoot me if I can tell what's cliche and what isn't, but that looks nice and vibrant regardless of trends. I would have expected to see some ballerina shoes on Alice there, but I guess the barefootedness gives the artwork a unique look. Especially considering how it looks like she's size 13.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I'm not a Delta, but I'm just going to post these...
    Haha, thanks. Any for animals trying to kill each other / themselves because they're following their foresightless instincts?

Feeling bad doesn't necessarily imply that something is wrong. Sometimes, feeling bad (concerned, upset, etc.) is the appropriate thing to feel. Or at least that's how I see it. In your case, you're probably overly concerned because your attachment to the subject of concern is strong and you feel some kind of responsibility.

If you want to get rid of the nightmares, I have nothing to suggest, except that you take it easy and don't worry too much about the fishies. But then, I don't think you can or should try to control your dreams. They come and go, naturally, like everything else.
    I changed their water last week and haven't had any bad dreams about them since, so maybe it was guilt manifesting over not keeping their tank as clean as the pet store owner said... I guess I'm just going to have to keep myself more regimented in their care if I want to get sleep, haha.

Shoot me if I can tell what's cliche and what isn't, but that looks nice and vibrant regardless of trends. I would have expected to see some ballerina shoes on Alice there, but I guess the barefootedness gives the artwork a unique look. Especially considering how it looks like she's size 13.
    I don't know how sizes translate from place to place, but I'm guessing that means small? It's actually a picture of my sister I took in a messy living room as a test for something else, with only a window for light. I just liked how she was posed and thought it might be fun to play with. She is kinda thin, and has been working on gaining a little weight...

I've discovered Si-ego advice/feedback on my work can be valuable, if only because they see things differently than I yet in a way I value. So any comments you have are welcome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    I don't know how sizes translate from place to place, but I'm guessing that [13] means small?
    Maybe kinda more like this?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster
    If you want to get rid of the nightmares, I have nothing to suggest, except that you take it easy and don't worry too much about the fishies.
    lol!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear a size 13 mens. Not really small.

I know what you mean by cliche (there's actually a name for that style now.. can't remember it), but it's only a cliche if you say the same thing as other people. You should be free to use whatever tools or methods to get to whatever you want to say though. There's always a way to make something your own. That's my 2c. Not sure if it's Si.. I'm not much of an artist btw, but I am a musician. I'm always using cliche riffs

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Maybe kinda more like this?
    You could be right!

That means Parkster was calling my sister bigfoot...

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    I wear a size 13 mens. Not really small.

I know what you mean by cliche (there's actually a name for that style now.. can't remember it), but it's only a cliche if you say the same thing as other people. You should be free to use whatever tools or methods to get to whatever you want to say though. There's always a way to make something your own. That's my 2c. Not sure if it's Si.. I'm not much of an artist btw, but I am a musician. I'm always using cliche riffs
    Thanks, that is affirming. I made this mainly to learn and experiment, so there's no real message that would be harmed by the cliche-ness. But I appreciate your observation about using whatever I need to reach my goal.

If you have any recordings I and probably others would love to hear them. You said riffs, so do you play guitar?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could be right!

That means Parkster was calling my sister bigfoot...

Thanks, that is affirming. I made this mainly to learn and experiment, so there's no real message that would be harmed by the cliche-ness. But I appreciate your observation about using whatever I need to reach my goal.

If you have any recordings I and probably others would love to hear them. You said riffs, so do you play guitar?
    Yeah, but.. I'm not really a performer. Or have much in the way of recordings to show either. I've been doing it a long time, but I'm pretty unproductive (and shy tbh) in those other ways. I just kind of dabble around..for my own therapy. Maybe that's the true Si approach.

On a sidenote, maybe I'm speaking out of my ass. I just ran into this gulenko test that I never saw before, and got ILI. The only thing is, I don't really identify with Gamma values from what I've read.

As for cliche-ness, yeah.. it's always fun to mess with different things. Or even just take them in. I've never identified with those hipsters who just shoot something down because it came from "this" place or "that" place or because it's not the thing to do anymore.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but.. I'm not really a performer. Or have much in the way of recordings to show either. I've been doing it a long time, but I'm pretty unproductive (and shy tbh) in those other ways. I just kind of dabble around..for my own therapy. Maybe that's the true Si approach.

On a sidenote, maybe I'm speaking out of my ass. I just ran into this gulenko test that I never saw before, and got ILI. The only thing is, I don't really identify with Gamma values from what I've read.

As for cliche-ness, yeah.. it's always fun to mess with different things. Or even just take them in. I've never identified with those hipsters who just shoot something down because it came from "this" place or "that" place or because it's not the thing to do anymore.
    I thought about studying music in college for awhile, until I realized I'd have to perform to graduate. I play piano, but rarely does anyone other than family hear me. It's relaxing, though, and I like playing Christmas music.

That test appears to be all in Russian, so I can't take it, too. You don't have to be Delta for us to be friends, though. Have you started any What's My Type? threads for yourself? Of course, you may want to do that only if you can handle 5 opinions for every 2 posters...

Ah, yes, hipsters. I need to be careful not to get trapped in that mentality - not necessarily thinking that other people are bad but that I am. It seems hard to escape when trying to make a living that includes design.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a hipster

but my crew is tight and we roll strong

It is I who inspired professor badass

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, thanks. Any for animals trying to kill each other / themselves because they're following their foresightless instincts?
    Well, I would guess that you might have a need to keep your feelings controlled. By the rather violent things that are happening in your dream, such as the fish maiming each other, or the fish tank breaking, they might represent your fear of losing self-control or losing control of your feelings. Perhaps they represent your fear of things going out of control, or things turning violent.
    Last edited by Singu; 12-09-2010 at 04:53 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm idk, the psychedelic dreams and flashy art all lead to Minde using ecstasy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Hmmm idk, the psychedelic dreams and flashy art all lead to Minde using ecstasy.

We all know Dostoevsky was really "Tokoevskly"

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no good test in socionics--it's too complex and nobody has so far figured out a way to get at and isolate information processing in a testable way. I think the fact that you got ILI on the test supports your self-typing of SLI as the two have a lot of similarities--same POLR, same HA, same creative function. I argue that those functions are probably the ones you are most aware of caring about, in the sense that people take pride in their creative function, are most insecure about their HA and POLR, but feel strongly in a positive way about the HA and in a negative way about the POLR. I feel like we sort of take our dominant function for granted because it's so automatic. And the dual-seeking function you really arent attuned to well at all unless it's provided to you. So perhaps the test you took and the result you got sort of reflects this.

You're judging by quadra values which is the right thing to do. If you identify most with delta quadra values, then you're delta.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so cliche.