Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
Yes.

One of the biggest fights my ex and I ever had was regarding me skipping a holiday with her family when I got sick.

Apparently, I had missed the one before as well? This isn't typically like me, but I had the flu during Christmas and the last thing I wanted to do was risk getting anyone else sick while suffering through the experience of being in someone else's home during a high-stress period while also uncomfortably ill.

This was not a valid reason to someone with Si-PoLR, though.

I'll never forget her telling me that "sometimes in life we have to do things that we don't want to do." It really stung to be lectured like a child, considering I felt I had an extremely valid reason.

The combination of Si PoLR + Se HA is incredibly uncomfortable for me in the real world.
I’d think that would have more to do with poor F than bad Si — it seems to me that it’s more just not caring how someone feels and regarding something else as more important than them, rather than an inability to understand what being sick is like. I’ve known Beta STs in particular to say similar things in similar circumstances.