IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still here
    (I'm not sure anyone else is, though )
    Still mostly observing...
    I think this struggle between being defined by one's intellect or by one's feelings (if they are rich and well-articulated) is fairly common. Many socionics descriptions have a certain bias -- in other words, descriptions of as a leading function seem really flattering to the intellectually minded. I try to explain to people that there's nothing special about ; it's mostly just about always wanting to gather and transmit information. Being any other type doesn't mean you're somehow less "intellectual," but sometimes the descriptions don't reflect this possibility.

Well, I'll be stopping by to check for "updates"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean, but I think it's that other functions are just mis/under-represented. For example, is dismissed as just "emotions," as "sympathy;" get's "divergent thinking" and "abstract creativity," etc.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, more tidbits:

I tend to be pretty messy unless I have a reason to be clean; I just think taking all that extra energy to clean up is mroe of a waste than the energy I MIGHT spend on the off chance that I need something that I can't find (that's how I rationalize it to myself, anyways; it's probably more of a product of my laziness than anything else).

When I'm late for something, it's usually because I a) oversplept (happens once every two months or so) or b) need to do something that I've held off until the last minute.

I work fast. If I have to work with another person, I get impatient if they hold me up. I'm a fast and messy typer, a fairly quick typer, and a fast thinker. I can do fairly complex calculus equations in my head in the same amount of time, or (usually) less than it takes someone else to do it on paper (not to brag or anything...). My teachers have praised me since grade school on my math skills, especially when it comes to computation, but also (somewhat less) concerning the speed at which I can grasp new concepts. I respond better to some teaching styles than others: I hate it when things are taught in a linear fashion, because to be honest, it bores me and I tune out fast. I like to see the concepts behind equations and formulas: I hate being told to just "use" something without knowing how it works.

I get bored fast. I need constant stimulation to keep me interested, and I hate getting caught up in details (something that plagues me in calculus). I like being around people who are positive; I can handle criticism, but only when it's to a positive end. When people point out flaws without having a solution, it just pisses me off.

Sometimes, I have these moments that I refer to as "reality checks:" I just space out a little, and sorta take EVERYTHING into perspective. It's like a checkpoint in my life: I can remember every time it's ever happened to me in my life from about age 10 up (which, or so I believe, is the first time it happened). I just kinda step back and think about everything that's going on in my life, and it just goes away in a little box in my head.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't explain much, really. I can relate to the majority of the things you say in that post, except the last big, but a lot of people can.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, I'm just putting it all out there. It may be redundant or not applicable, but I'm just saying what comes to mind about myself.

I think that's why so many people get wrapped up in being ENTp: so many of the descriptive factors are so broad and generalized that just about any intellectual, imaginative person could fit the bill.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

know what you mean, but I think it's that other functions are just mis/under-represented. For example, is dismissed as just "emotions,"
    Yes. Some -type people are so articulate and enthralling. I've seen incredible professors of history, literature, and art criticism who were EIE, as well as artists and poetry readers who put on a one-man show and simply captivate audiences with their portrayal -- through their own "inner dynamicism" -- of the things they speak of. It's like they can activate your feelings and convey to you what it feels like to be an impressionist, or live in the early 18th century, or be a famous writer. Have an ILE do the same thing, and he/she will simply lecture to the air in a meandering sort of way.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been complimented on my "story telling skills," both for lies and real stories; I'm the designated "talk to the cops" guy among my friends.

But all that this says is that I have strong . Not many signs point to as a creative function, or anything else EIE, for that matter, apart from my weak-ish . I think my hidden agenda is much closer to , but I could be wrong, and my dual seeking is almost without a doubt . What else should we look for?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilligan,

My overall impression of you is ESFj. That's the one that fits best, IMO, even if not perfectly.

You do seem to have strong but not so strong . You think you're a thinker, but while you have developed your and they do not seem to be your strongest functions. You doubt you have strong and you've said yourself that you tend to be late; that's one of the manifestations of PoLR in ESFjs - my ESFj ex is like that.

You have a self-image of strong and it does seem developed, but that would be consistent with it being your hidden agenda.

You say you are strong in in how you dress etc , you're good in story-telling, you're good in dealing with people but you have weak - - all of that screams ESFj. Moreover, if you were so convinced that you were a thinker, you'd not have considered for so long ENFp or ENFj, would you?

Your gf is ISFp. Mirror relations can be good. My parents were also ISFp and ESFj.

What do you think?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds right, but the ESFj profiles don't fit me at ALL.

I could DEFINITELY have hidden agenda. Definitely. But nothing else fits.

The is wierd...I'm usually late just because I decide to be, as if I have something better to do.

I know the functional criteria fit, but do I really come off as ESFj?

I can definitely, DEFINITELY see activity relations between the two of us. We like a little bit of distance on a day-to-day basis, but when we're together, we tend to either go all out or just kick back and relax; either way, we always have tons of fun. It's like driving with four wheels instead of three.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm...

Hugo (ESFJ)
    Enthusiast is terminal (ethical)
    (greeting - from the Eng. acclaimer)

It is very expressive, it is to difficult maintain its emotional pressure. It possesses high fitness for work; however, the accretion of feelings prevents it from being design. It is strongly it is scattered it jumps from one matter to another. In the contact is straight-line, neposredstven, it is characterized by explosive choleric temperament. Outwardly - the desire to draw the attention of the representative of opposite floor by the bright clothing, in which can be present the element of demonstrativeness.

In case you can't tell, that's me wearing yellow pants and a yellow shirt with a blue sweater. So yes, it's true.

Explosive choleric temperment...not so much. I'm more phlegmatic/sanguine than anything, although I was quite choleric when I was a kid.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my intrinsic brain-determined "type" may be ESFj, but I'm definitely more ENTp in the way I behave/think.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, ENTjs too wear bright clothes. That's not much of an indicator.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize that it's not a definitive factor, but it's something from the subtype description that I found ironic, especially because I'm wearing yellow pants on this particular day. I'm not saying that bright colors make me ESFj; I don't generalize that much.

VI doesn't work though. ESFjs are supposed to have smaller noses (I know a few who I've typed, considering it quite obvious, and their facial structures are both very different from mine); mine is actually on the larger/longer side, and looks more ENFj/ENFp than anything.

My looks are strange: I have a face shape somewhere in between an ENFp and an ENTj, the nose of an ENFp (albeit not quite as large as is expected), cheekbones like the ENFjs, and eyes more like an ENFp than anything. And yet in spite of all this, the closest type to my behavior is an ENTp, and my most likely intrinsic type is ESFj. Maybe I'm just a fucking extrovert.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I realize that it's not a definitive factor, but it's something from the subtype description that I found ironic, especially because I'm wearing yellow pants on this particular day. I'm not saying that bright colors make me ESFj; I don't generalize that much.

VI doesn't work though. ESFjs are supposed to have smaller noses (I know a few who I've typed, considering it quite obvious, and their facial structures are both very different from mine); mine is actually on the larger/longer side, and looks more ENFj/ENFp than anything.

My looks are strange: I have a face shape somewhere in between an ENFp and an ENTj, the nose of an ENFp (albeit not quite as large as is expected), cheekbones like the ENFjs, and eyes more like an ENFp than anything. And yet in spite of all this, the closest type to my behavior is an ENTp, and my most likely intrinsic type is ESFj. Maybe I'm just a fucking extrovert.
    When I first saw your pictures, I was astonished to see that your face shape and some features in your face were similar to mine. You look somewhat like me, but obviously were different people so we also look different though you tend to share physical traits that I have.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a good picture you could upload (if you don't mind)?

If only there was a type that was NeFe...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Do you have a good picture you could upload (if you don't mind)?

If only there was a type that was NeFe...
    Well, If I had a picture I would of uploaded a while ago, though I have a disposable camera of my pictures sitting on my shelf for months, I'm hoping I'll develop it tomorrow now that I have two people that want to see my pic. I'm so lazy when it comes to doing things like these.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As am I.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types I am NOT:

ENTj
    ESTj
    ESTp
    ISFj
    ISFp
    ISTj
    ISTp
    INFj
    INTp
    INTj

Likely types:
    ENTp
    ESFj
    ENFj

Less Likely Types:
    ESFp
    INFp
    ENFp

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some new pictures up, including a few side shots; I thought they might be useful for VI. Tell me what you think.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My looks are strange: I have a face shape somewhere in between an ENFp and an ENTj, the nose of an ENFp (albeit not quite as large as is expected), cheekbones like the ENFjs, and eyes more like an ENFp than anything.
    I'm bewildered. Where do you guys get this stuff from??

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a side note: I've noticed that I've been more proned to being typed as an type ever since I've been on meds; back when I was off them, I never would have been mistaken for anything but .

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I've already acknowledged that fact numerous times.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until I'm able to see other viable options, my verdict is http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/eie/bono.shtml

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just scary.

I hate Bono. Stop looking like me, you ******. You disgrace me.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic, but I would argue Speilberg is an ILI, not ILE. I also disagree with this statement about him,

Additional comments:
    Spielberg is an artistic mastermind. He enjoys his role as creator and organizer of one of the most complex art forms available — movies. His films always center around one idea or situation that he effectively conveys to the masses. He has a strong preference for science fiction, and also for movies based on true and fascinating stories. His movies are always about unusual people with unusual fates or about pivotal events and never about human drives such as power, money, sex, etc. His movies are rarely, if ever, "psychological" in the sense of being emotionally subtle or focused on human relationships, but many of his movies convey feelings of fascination, wonder, and personal responsibility for events.
    Have you seen Munic? That one pretty much breaks every rule you wrote about him above.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else see the resemblance? It's in the nose and the eyes. Not when he was younger though, oddly enough.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    I would just like to make the observation that Jewish people are INTp until proven otherwise.

Thank you.
    agreed.

Including Cone and my Dad.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for hijaculating all over my thread.

*clears throat*

I don't think there's any way I'm a rational type. I'm reading the descriptions on Rick's site, and there's just no way that i'm anything but an irrational. Not a chance.

I'm also starting to question my F-ness.

nearly emotionless when communicating with other logical types but able to mirror emotions of ethical types
    So, SO true. Most of my friends are F types, and I can definitely mirror them if I want/need to (especially my girlfriend), but I myself am not really that emotional most of the time, unless prompted or given a safe opportunity to be so.

# often feel helpless when forced to deal with others' feelings, emotional reactions, and subjective factors
    # more subject to emotional manipulation and not recognizing others' true feelings and attitudes in time
    Again, so true. I can't STAND it when people get emotional around me: my initial reaction is usually just to say something and hope it helps.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, I can usually control myself really well. I never get like...unrestrained "bursts" of emotion or anything like that. I can always tone myself down fairly easily, even if I am feeling something.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

See, I can usually control myself really well. I never get like...unrestrained "bursts" of emotion or anything like that. I can always tone myself down fairly easily, even if I am feeling something.
    I think those with strong are good at controlling themselves and aren't as good.

Though I might be wrong because my ENFj friend can control his emotions, though my ESFj mom cannot.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have as creative. Not a fucking chance.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't have as creative. Not a fucking chance.
    yeah you may be right, controlling your emotions may just deal with emotional mangament which deals with emotional intelligence.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One day, everyone who is currently doubting their type will wake up and realize they are all ENTPs.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    One day, everyone who is currently doubting their type will wake up and realize they are all ENTPs.
    Or they will have anurisms and die ... actually, that is probably more likely.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic, but I would argue Speilberg is an ILI, not ILE. I also disagree with this statement about him,
    2 Rocky: I will soften that statement a bit after reading the Wikipedia entry on Spielberg (but the entry confirms what I had in mind). If you feel like explaining your opinion (ILI vs. ILE), feel free to add a comment to the page on him on my site.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast