TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    The type that should NEVER, EVER write any more novels :'(
    LOL... leave it to the beta NFs (seriously). Her stuff is some garbage.

I once thought that Twilight may have been partially brought about by her stilted high-school experience -- you know, sitting alone at a lunch table, gazing across the room at the cute guy, etc. Anyway, she says the inspiration came from a dream -- more like a DAY DREAM (in school), lol. Sigh. I won't be presumptuous; I just think she's annoyingly complacent. And books that facilitate the entertainment of washed-up romance fantasies add -nothing- to human society -- both materially and spiritually -- instead polluting us and exacerbating the already-festering wound of imagination > work. The fact that someone can get rich off of this shit doesn't exactly bode well, in regards to what we as Americans have come to value. Yeah. Fuck off, meyer.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I might add that my ability to read and write sentences right now is fucking phenomenal, relatively speaking.

Which is slightly different than when Ezra said there was some relative lesbian action on Skins. I was thinking relative to whaaa...oh.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Skill of writing is not type related sure, but the ability someone has in conveying aspects more personal or more universal might be.
    Maybe. But it's the coloring of the expression of this ability which I think ultimately illustrates functions.

And I think amateurs are more likely to relate from where they stand than looking at people in a more nuanced manner. I get that it isn't a definitive claim, but I think it certainly doesn't preclude ENTj by itself.
    Well, yeah. But I don't think it precludes any other type.

Plus, and we're in disagreement here since we're talking about different things, but the content and flavor of the material (by this I mean the movie, you by what you've read of the book) does seem all about the guy that sweeps in and puts everything right accordingly to how he privately sees it (which I may rightly or wrongly think is more ISxj oriented). The particular way it's played out in the movie I think is probably more Fi-oriented.
    Yeah, I haven't seen the movie, so I can't fully interpret what you're referring to. Although, despite not knowing the full extent of the trait you mentioned, I am hesitant to take something behavioral like that and draw a direct correlation to a function.

Well, I disagree according to what I've said above. The supernatural fantasies as they seem to be portrayed I think lend themselves to a particular coloring of things. They don't seem to be just a coloring or gimmick, they play a part themselves in reinforcing what you're supposed to see or feel. I won't disagree that there's overlap and some distortion of what a particular quadra might propose, but I do think there are aspects that are more clearly brought forth out of someone that would be odd if they were not the one's they would normally work out of. Granted, most of this is probably more true of the director perhaps than the writer. I don't know how much input she had, if it was true to or fucked up what the author saw in her head.
    Hm, good points. I do think there is a certain inevitability to functions, in the sense that no matter what we do, they will always shape the contours, to some degree. So, I suppose when examining certain quadra themes in reference to a specific style implemented by a writer/director, those preferences may be pointed to. On the other hand, that matter seems too detailed to be utilized frequently, and I see little worth in the case of this person.

Um, book vs movie phenomenon still probably.

Totally can't comment here. I'll agree it doesn't sound like the more Ni writers I've read, like Nora Zeal Hurston or James Baldwin, though those were both INFp I think.

Yeah, I leave that to you. I do think you're damn good at it, but I gotta say where I think something may be wrong, whether I'm full of shit or not.
    Yeah, ok. Thanks. And I appreciate the honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Also, I might add that my ability to read and write sentences right now is fucking phenomenal, relatively speaking.

Which is slightly different than when Ezra said there was some relative lesbian action on Skins. I was thinking relative to whaaa...oh.
    lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourama
    interesting. I like to write too (fictional short stories) and I wouldn't say the same.

out of curiosity, what would you consider your main goal when you write, Kam (if there is one)?
    I would say that my goal in writing is to make the reader feel how I feel when I write, to live through my eyes. This might sound a little feminine, but I love writing doomed romance stories, and of course, one could say that everything romantic has been written already, in one form or another. So I try to experiment and push the limits, test what sounds new and hasn't been done over again and again. Every story needs to have romance in it when I write stories, it just plain has to. I want them to hold the paper to their chest and sigh longingly. Therefore, you must push the limit, because you are nothing if you're just another.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, Kam! It's eerie how much that sounds like me, especially when I was younger.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed irl that Twilight's following is composed of Alpha's mainly and also Delta's.

I cannot fathom a gamma enjoying that atmosphere, and I think Beta's also would not be keen on it.

I have neither read the stories nor seen the movie, but I get a general Alpha/Delta impression from the fans.

*edit: Maybe a good thread would be "goals in writing"?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I have noticed irl that Twilight's following is composed of Alpha's mainly and also Delta's.

I cannot fathom a gamma enjoying that atmosphere, and I think Beta's also would not be keen on it.
    Really? Because I have noticed, in real life, that Twilight's following is composed mainly of Alphas, Betas, Gammas and Deltas.

Strangely, I have also noticed, in real life, that Alphas, Betas, Gammas and Deltas dislike it.

We must be on to something.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I would say that my goal in writing is to make the reader feel how I feel when I write, to live through my eyes. This might sound a little feminine, but I love writing doomed romance stories, and of course, one could say that everything romantic has been written already, in one form or another. So I try to experiment and push the limits, test what sounds new and hasn't been done over again and again. Every story needs to have romance in it when I write stories, it just plain has to. I want them to hold the paper to their chest and sigh longingly. Therefore, you must push the limit, because you are nothing if you're just another.
    This is interesting, but I can't say I really relate. Mainly just that I would not want to make the reader feel how I felt, or see it through my eyes; that, to me, would detract from the essential quality of the writing. I'd rather produce something that had the same effect, regardless of the readers' interpretations of my feelings or perspective or whatever. Because when there's that fundamental consistency in the message it communicates and the feelings it engenders, to me, that epitomizes "true" quality.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    This is interesting, but I can't say I really relate. Mainly just that I would not want to make the reader feel how I felt, or see it through my eyes; that, to me, would detract from the essential quality of the writing. I'd rather produce something that had the same effect, regardless of the readers' interpretations of my feelings or perspective or whatever. Because when there's that fundamental consistency in the message it communicates and the feelings it engenders, to me, that epitomizes "true" quality.
    Maybe I exaggerated a little bit in what I said. I don't believe that it would be possible for someone to feel how I felt when I wrote it when they read the story. I meant more of the superficial, "This is good writing/This is a cute story." thing. To reach into my reasons for writing the story or to get someone to feel the same exact way I do, it'd be nice, but I don't think it is possible nor would I want it to be possible. Once again, it was more of the "cute story, how nice" emotions.

Anyway, I think we need to ask meyers what her goal is.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    Maybe I exaggerated a little bit in what I said. I don't believe that it would be possible for someone to feel how I felt when I wrote it when they read the story. I meant more of the superficial, "This is good writing/This is a cute story." thing. To reach into my reasons for writing the story or to get someone to feel the same exact way I do, it'd be nice, but I don't think it is possible nor would I want it to be possible. Once again, it was more of the "cute story, how nice" emotions.
    Ok, that makes sense.

Anyway, I think we need to ask meyers what her goal is.
    Apparently she just writes for herself. I think she said that like three times in the first half of the interview. It was really annoying to me, and it conjured the image of her gorging herself with pages of text -- which, when viewed in light of her general personality, is quite appropriate IMO.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe ego

Disillusionment and acceptance qaz00's Avatar
    TIM
    Dual eyes
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE-Si

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first glance I would think Alpha introvert but might lean more towards LII over SEI.
    Would need to take a further look when free if I remember.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ENTj.