Thread: John Keats

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default John Keats

John Keats is one of my favorite poets. I believe he is an ESFp. What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As doth eternity: Cold Pastoral!

When old age shall this generation waste,

Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe

Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all

Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."
    I think those lines alone should preclude him from being typed as an ESFp.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, truth = Ni etc. and so on
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Alive View Post
    IEI, truth = Ni etc. and so on
    I was thinking Truth was associated with Fi or Ti (depending on how the individual defines Truth), but I don't necessarily disagree with IEI. I think that or EII are the two most likely types. They both have equally strong functions so I guess it depends on how one interprets his body of work and whether it's more about the Ni or the Fi.

You mustn't think thought control Distance's Avatar
    TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I was thinking Truth was associated with Fi or Ti (depending on how the individual defines Truth), but I don't necessarily disagree with IEI. I think that or EII are the two most likely types. They both have equally strong functions so I guess it depends on how one interprets his body of work and whether it's more about the Ni or the Fi.
    I think Alive is using it in looking for it in Ni frames, higher ego drives in a singularity.

Note single usage. What is absolute. Then move.

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multipliesx

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Abstract builds a soul, a house can never become a home without it

A little better makes better more>
    ♦♦

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    I think Alive is using it in looking for it in Ni frames, higher ego drives in a singularity.

Note single usage. What is absolute. Then move.
    Single usage was already noted. Same could be argued of Ti/Fi when combined with Ne (if you look at that line within the context of the entire poem).

Because the final stanza makes it clear that the speaker feels largely unsatisfied with the idea of immortality/constancy (Ni) and rejects it in favour of that which is imperfect but everchanging (Ne): Reality/Truth.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at comments on youtube or general commentary of people. "This person is speaking the truth!" "Everyone needs to hear this truth" etc. It's honestly the most common word that some IEI use. Another common thing for them is "imagine if..."
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Alive View Post
    Look at comments on youtube or general commentary of people. "This person is speaking the truth!" "Everyone needs to hear this truth" etc. It's honestly the most common word that some IEI use. Another common thing for them is "imagine if..."
    I was judging based on that phrase’s context within the poem itself. If we're just going by keywords I can cite this from the Russian forums (machine translated):
    People with strong Ti are characterized by the fact that they are able to perceive material reality well. But moreover, all objects and patterns of the world give them stable feelings. The difference between this structural logic and business logic is something like the difference between the intuition of possibilities (without sensations) and the intuition of time (with sensations). Aircraft designer Tupolev said: "Only a beautiful plane can fly well" - beauty meant the emerging feeling of harmony of its design, allowing to achieve better results. Scientists say that "beauty is the brilliance of truth", i.e. all true theories cause corresponding sensations when they are realized. The social structure should also evoke a sense of harmony. Violation of this sensation stabs like a needle to the side.
    Source: https://www.socioforum.su/viewtopic.php?f=800&t=72962
    Btw, I don’t think he was an LII or an LSI.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I was judging based on that phrase’s context within the poem itself. If we're just going by keywords I can cite this from the Russian forums (machine translated):

Btw, I don’t think he was an LII or an LSI.
    Perception of material reality is extroverted sensing imo