Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differences between SEE-ESFp and IEE-ENFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, good, you got something out of that post. I posted it and then realized you'd already come to a conclusion on the matter and thought, "Oops. Nvm." Then I was going to get rid of it... thought about changing it... and then just got lazy and decided I didn't care enough to do either.

And one thing I notice, I'm very nervous around this particular person...people don't usually have that effect on me so it's really upsetting to me when i feel that way. It's sort of a..."now what" sort of feeling.
    Yeah, illusionaries kind of do that to me too. One of the websites has it described as a sort of weird 'inertia' which I think is a very good description.
    IEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that feeling with ILI's aswell. Theres this extremely attractive german ILI on campus. When we talk we basically just feel like grinning or smiling at each other. I can tell shes ILI because i see the characteristic face flickering (moments of stress) that i dont see from SLI's. We tend to feel quite excited then it just dissipates and we both walk off lol.

Then there was this SLI from Colorado who seemed to instantly take a liking to me. I didn't notice her as much at first but when i talked to her i realised she likes to ride motorbikes, quad bikes, ride horses, all stuff like this. Shes broken her bones about 1 billion times. When she said this i certianlly payed a lot more attention to her. Then one night at the campus party she came up to me and sat next to me and said "theres so many guys out here that think they are so sexy, they are just here to pick up the girls". When she said that i found that hugely attractive and knew i had a delta on my hands. So anyway as a group we were hanging out quite a bit and i noticed that she was walking next to me all the time and laughing at most of thing the things that i said. When i would look into her face she would be very smiley. Anyway i didn't make any real move on her but in my head i was building a liking for her. I did eventually ask her out but she made herself unavailable for the day and that hit me pretty hard. Theres a lot more to this story but lets just say that she ended up hooking up with another SLI guy . I can tell that relationship is already failing hard and i suppose its giving me some pleasure haha. So there is the shitty kind of end to my story. Prob for the best though as she has to move away at the end of the year and im sure as hell never going live on a farm

On a positive note i met a SLI guy on my first day on campus. I had transference from an SLI i knew back in my home town. They were almost identical. Anyway he was hanging out with another cre (ESFj's and such) and i just let that happen. I saw him a few nights ago and he confessed hes having an an awful time (supervision sucks haha). Hes not sleeping and feeling like shit. Hes younger than me so ive kind of taken him under my wing and im making him feel better lol.

hmmm oooops ive been ranting. SLI and SEE is a pretty common hookup i know quite a few couples like this. They get on fairly well and have been together for long periods of time. I do find they seem to have communication problems though where the ESFp gets hurt etc etc. ESFp and ESFp are both fun people i think the difference is one is more mental and one is more physical. ESFp's are more likely to want to go out and do stuff and thats exciting and fun. ENFp's are more likely to just say fun / funny things because of the weird stuff going on in our minds haha.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp's are more likely to just say fun / funny things because of the weird stuff going on in our minds haha.
    lol Yeah, that's true. I tend to say random stuff out of the blue that takes people by surprise. Hopefully they're entertained by it, at any rate...
    IEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    lol Yeah, that's true. I tend to say random stuff out of the blue that takes people by surprise. Hopefully they're entertained by it, at any rate...
    It really is random, isn't it? There's no forethought or consideration involved, it just comes bubbling out. People who know me well love this kind of stuff. New acquaintances, otoh . . .
    IEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    IEEs are light and fluffy, and also have social grace.
    SEEs are solid and have a grounded grace to them.

Both are personable. One type needs practical intuitional help, another type needs practical sensory help.

I know, these things are so straightfoward when I say them, but it really comes down to being able to realize the functions, feel them as per how people use them. If I knew the words your mind used to designate certain feelings or reactions, I'd use them.
    No, these striaghtforward explainations like these are clear and perfect, there is no need to go so deep becuause it is one confusing, and second, it is not always right as things are so well defined.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@meatburger:

I'll never forget a quote from "Zorba the Greek":

"God has a very big heart but there is one sin he will not forgive: if a woman calls a man to her bed and he will not go."
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Creepy-male

mike, that's discrimination against asexuals.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    @meatburger:

I'll never forget a quote from "Zorba the Greek":

"God has a very big heart but there is one sin he will not forgive: if a woman calls a man to her bed and he will not go."
    Lucky i dont believe in god then :wink:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Simple question, how are they different? How are they similar? How would a relationship with an SLI be different with an SEE than with an IEE? What would be some key ways to notice the difference? Should these differences be glaringly obvious? I've tried to go off quadra preferences and what not and I'm still at a loss.

IEE's have you ever confused yourself for SEE? If so, why? SLI's, do you also have trouble differentiating between the two?
    Your posts are strangely erotic.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I'd be shocked if thePirate wasn't SEE... His posts read like emails from my SEE older brother.

Strangely erotic indeed.

To answer the question, with SEEs there's a lot more bluster--George Clooney, or Will Smith, or in extreme cases, David Lee Roth and Jennifer Lopez... With IEEs, their personalities are quite a bit more understated, less of a production--Ellen Degeneres comes to mind.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    What? lol

Yeah...soooo....now I'm thinking he's IEE again. Oh well.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    What? lol

Yeah...soooo....now I'm thinking he's IEE again. Oh well.
    wOW. I'm having a hard time differentiating if I am an SEE or IEE too. (physical or menta? uhh both duh) anyway I do imitations and jokes loudly to a small group of pepole I know very well. socially awkward SEE or really random IEE? its rediculous but this one in damn near unanswerable. sorry you can't tell OP. I dated an SLI for a really long time. we were on and off for a while after that. I could easily say "wow, yes. definately duals" I could also say "wow, yes. definately illusory partners" there is also always this nervous "what next" feeling between us. an uncomfortable silence. although we know eachother very well, like, and love eachother very well. maybe its just activation that I am not used to. by the way, I think his sister is his dual so that might make it different. him being used to and wanting the stimulation, me being nervous and not understanding the stimulation. BUT who's to say it isn't my uncomfortable functions being stimulated. too frustrating. I can't figure it out.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just realized how easy this is with dichotomies. positivist or negativist?

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...and_negativist

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESFp's seem more genuinely inspiring/confidence-inducing to me, even when they're not trying to. Probably because of how persistent/forceful they are, and the fact that they're positivists.
    Last edited by suedehead; 07-25-2014 at 11:33 AM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE's lack the imagination of IEE's. They don't tend to have actual hobbies or strange interests, instead they're more focused on sensual goals, like climbing the work, social or money ladder.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFps are calmer on the surface than ESFps but ENFps can be a bit paranoid when it comes to feeling like they are being controlled. It's like you ask them to do something for you and they do the opposite. Also, when you confront them about it they will lie or play dumb or pretty much do anything just to get out of a confrontation. I guess it's probably related to Se role. I think Jennifer Lawrence's character from American Hustle is a good example of this. This also applies to EIIs but it doesn't end up nearly as explosive with them. I should say that this only applies to some Delta NFs. Most are compliant but I still think the area of control is often times a sore spot.

A couple of other points: ENFps seem to lack the stability that ESFps have and they demand that stability from their partner which is why SLIs are good for them. Also, ENFps can SERIOUSLY nag.

ENFps are better at reading people, and at perceiving the development of an event and changing tracks accordingly. ESFps will stick to a plan unless there is tangible evidence that it won't work. They need physical confirmation of the validity of new ideas, otherwise they remain skeptical. ENFps are open to new ideas without explicit evidence. ENFps can be indifferent to money and power, ESFps specifically pursue money and power. ENFps can start things without finishing them, due to Ni ignoring, ESFps can start sensory activities without "finishing" old ones, that is experiencing their gradual rise and descent (Si ignoring). ENFps unconsciously anticipate the continuation of a person's internal direction (Ni), and if it leads to sensory discomfort (low Si), they change their own internal direction, expressed outwardly as a shift in their focus of attention and rate of activity. ESFps do a similar thing but with Si, they unconsciously anticipate the continuation of a person's sensory state (Si), and if it leads to an intuitive discomfort (low Ni, scattered external direction+pace), they change their own sensory impact.

In a social situation an ESFp will be louder and more obviously the center of attention. ENFps can also be the center of attention but often fade into the background, engaging in private fantasizing. ESFp are democratic, accepting of people of all races and statuses, taking them more at face value. ENFps are more suspicious, and subtly mocking to those they consider of lower class. ESFps are vividly aware of their surroundings, feel physically the balance of power of those situated in it. ENFps can be totally ignorant of the balance of power and relate to people more through their imaginative impressions of them. ENFps need and are grateful to people who are attentive to their health and comfort, ESFps are independent when it comes to their health and comfort and often guide others into adopting their sensory habits. ESFps often have more friends and are more open about their personal lives, ENFps are friendly also but have more acquaintances than friends, and are more private. ESFps are willing and able to physically exert themselves for those they love. ENFps don't generally physically exert themselves for others, and are less able to because of a lack of attention on sensory matters. ESFps can be gullible when it comes to religion and abstract philosophies, taking the view of the majority, ENFps are much more independent and individualistic regarding abstractions, rarely accepting convention. ESFps have definite long term plans, ENFps plans are more vague, and easily change according to the circumstances. ESFps are good at leading people towards a common goal, applying volitional pressure when necessary. ENFps are not natural leaders and have much more insecurity about applying volitional pressure, either under or over doing it. ENFps have vivid imaginations and use them to supplement thier sensory experiences, which they experience vaguely, ESFps have vivid sensory experiences and use them to supplement their imaginations, which are hazy. Physically ESFps are more grounded, inert, they take up more space. ENFps are more mobile, hazy, they take less space and can be "invisible".
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 07-26-2014 at 03:04 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE-open, trustin, focused on what comes tothem through their sensess...what people said to them, what they heard, those delicious things they eat, influencing or being sensitively impacted by their SO

IEE-closed, suspicious, very loyal friends once you're trusted and in, seek experiences emotivist will cry and cheer for the achievements of their friends and somewhat uneasy and tense at times, very assertive and unafraid by repetitive attempts by others to make them feel bad...they are courageous and can hold their own ground where SEEbwomen can opten withdraw, freeze and become very emotional when their will is not impacted
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    ENFps are calmer on the surface than ESFps but ENFps can be a bit paranoid when it comes to feeling like they are being controlled. It's like you ask them to do something for you and they do the opposite. Also, when you confront them about it they will lie or play dumb or pretty much do anything just to get out of a confrontation. I guess it's probably related to Se role. I think Jennifer Lawrence's character from American Hustle is a good example of this. This also applies to EIIs but it doesn't end up nearly as explosive with them. I should say that this only applies to some Delta NFs. Most are compliant but I still think the area of control is often times a sore spot.

A couple of other points: ENFps seem to lack the stability that ESFps have and they demand that stability from their partner which is why SLIs are good for them. Also, ENFps can SERIOUSLY nag.
    I get the idea that the ESFps and ENFps you know are very different from the ones I know. Assuming you have them typed correctly, and it seems that you might have them typed correctly. Most of the ENFps I know are pretty stable, and two of the three SEEs I know well have had big challenges in their life,compromising their appearance of stablity so you can't really blame that on their type.

I don't like the feeling that I am being controlled. maybe it is type related. I thought it was my ISFj mother growing up. It was so nice to go to college and be out from under the control. I guess I had not resolved my childhood issues because I married a controlling ESFj. He was that way because of Narcissism, I don't think it was related to type. So, I am sensitive to being controlled and my SLI doesn't try to control me and I appreciate him a lot. We just argue our points with each other bu no one is trying to impose on the other.

I suppose I could appear to be playing dumb when I am actively avoiding confrontation. Its just that I am so focused on that avoidance, I will just shut off the problem in my mind and focus on the positive just to get out of it.

I do NOT nag. My mom nagged and I hated it and I decided never to be like that. I worked real hard at not nagging my son... I think I was tempted because that is how I was raised. However I raised my son to express himself freely and he freely let me know how he felt if I got anywhere near nagging, so...

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    ENFps are better at reading people, and at perceiving the development of an event and changing tracks accordingly. ESFps will stick to a plan unless there is tangible evidence that it won't work. They need physical confirmation of the validity of new ideas, otherwise they remain skeptical. ENFps are open to new ideas without explicit evidence. ENFps can be indifferent to money and power, ESFps specifically pursue money and power. ENFps can start things without finishing them, due to Ni ignoring, ESFps can start sensory activities without "finishing" old ones, that is experiencing their gradual rise and descent (Si ignoring). ENFps unconsciously anticipate the continuation of a person's internal direction (Ni), and if it leads to sensory discomfort (low Si), they change their own internal direction, expressed outwardly as a shift in their focus of attention and rate of activity. ESFps do a similar thing but with Si, they unconsciously anticipate the continuation of a person's sensory state (Si), and if it leads to an intuitive discomfort (low Ni, scattered external direction+pace), they change their own sensory impact.

In a social situation an ESFp will be louder and more obviously the center of attention. ENFps can also be the center of attention but often fade into the background, engaging in private fantasizing. ESFp are democratic, accepting of people of all races and statuses, taking them more at face value. ENFps are more suspicious, and subtly mocking to those they consider of lower class. ESFps are vividly aware of their surroundings, feel physically the balance of power of those situated in it. ENFps can be totally ignorant of the balance of power and relate to people more through their imaginative impressions of them. ENFps need and are grateful to people who are attentive to their health and comfort, ESFps are independent when it comes to their health and comfort and often guide others into adopting their sensory habits. ESFps often have more friends and are more open about their personal lives, ENFps are friendly also but have more acquaintances than friends, and are more private. ESFps are willing and able to physically exert themselves for those they love. ENFps don't generally physically exert themselves for others, and are less able to because of a lack of attention on sensory matters. ESFps can be gullible when it comes to religion and abstract philosophies, taking the view of the majority, ENFps are much more independent and individualistic regarding abstractions, rarely accepting convention. ESFps have definite long term plans, ENFps plans are more vague, and easily change according to the circumstances. ESFps are good at leading people towards a common goal, applying volitional pressure when necessary. ENFps are not natural leaders and have much more insecurity about applying volitional pressure, either under or over doing it. ENFps have vivid imaginations and use them to supplement thier sensory experiences, which they experience vaguely, ESFps have vivid sensory experiences and use them to supplement their imaginations, which are hazy. Physically ESFps are more grounded, inert, they take up more space. ENFps are more mobile, hazy, they take less space and can be "invisible".
    Great observations. I just want to mention that ESFps are called the Politician for a reason - they can be very smooth in social situations. And some ENFps can be very awkward. My ENFp friend can be quite loud and frequently makes herself the center of attention, compared to her ESFp sister (who is extremely chill and would never draw attention to herself by being loud.) The ESFp draws attention to herself with her amazing sense of style and good looks and great personality. She is charming but not fake. She never seeks out anyone at parties - people seek her out. The ENFp definitely seeks people out and then kind of forces her Ne on them. The ESFp is much more socially aware and polished. She tries unsuccessfully to help her sister tone it down so she won't face so much rejection.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I get the idea that the ESFps and ENFps you know are very different from the ones I know. Assuming you have them typed correctly, and it seems that you might have them typed correctly. Most of the ENFps I know are pretty stable, and two of the three SEEs I know well have had big challenges in their life,compromising their appearance of stablity so you can't really blame that on their type.

I don't like the feeling that I am being controlled. maybe it is type related. I thought it was my ISFj mother growing up. It was so nice to go to college and be out from under the control. I guess I had not resolved my childhood issues because I married a controlling ESFj. He was that way because of Narcissism, I don't think it was related to type. So, I am sensitive to being controlled and my SLI doesn't try to control me and I appreciate him a lot. We just argue our points with each other bu no one is trying to impose on the other.

I suppose I could appear to be playing dumb when I am actively avoiding confrontation. Its just that I am so focused on that avoidance, I will just shut off the problem in my mind and focus on the positive just to get out of it.

I do NOT nag. My mom nagged and I hated it and I decided never to be like that. I worked real hard at not nagging my son... I think I was tempted because that is how I was raised. However I raised my son to express himself freely and he freely let me know how he felt if I got anywhere near nagging, so...
    I think IEEs become more stable as they get older. They just seem anything but stable when they are in their teens and early 20s. A lot of teens are unstable so maybe that's just an age thing. However, I had an ENFp tell me she liked me because I seem stable which made sense to me she would like that since she is just all over the place and totally unsure of herself. Also, Ne dominance isn't exactly known to be a harmonious. It's just too bad she doesn't realize that I'm definitely not what she is looking for in terms of stability.

Control issues are something I've noticed with all Delta NFs. I think individual circumstances can play up certain parts of a type and make them more sensitive than others e.g. in your instance of control with your mother, but on the whole it seems IEEs have a problem with control (in an Se sense of the word). Also, I think SLIs are usually pretty good about not controlling, but I'm sure it can vary.

The focusing on the positive thing you talked about is actually exactly what I was talking about. I prefer to just get problems out in the open so I can resolve them but Delta NFs will sort of shut down. If that doesn't work they usually have a queue of tactics to avoid a problem. It drives me insane. Just different coping strategies I guess.

I think nagging is probably just a symptom of our intertype relation rather than an actual inherent trait to the type.
    Last edited by Contra; 07-27-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEEs become more stable as they get older. They just seem anything but stable when they are in their teens and early 20s. A lot of teens are unstable so maybe that's just an age thing.
    Not sure about the stability thing becaseu I think I was fairly stable in teens and 20s. Well, hmm, maybe not always. I knew the boundaries for not getting into trouble and pushed them at times. But I long I always knew what I had to do and did it, and only sometimes excelled in meeting responsibilities....

However, I had an ENFp tell me she liked me because I seem stable which made sense to me she would like that since she is just all over the place and totally unsure of herself. Also, Ne dominance isn't exactly known to be a harmonious. It's just too bad she doesn't realize that I'm definitely not what she is looking for in terms of stability.
    Its interesting what you said about the stable thing, because I looked to my ESFJ ex for stablity. So I do think we look for/value that. I am sure appreciating it in my SLI. It makes me feel safe.

But what do you mean, "Ne dominance isn't exactly known to be a harmonious"? Can you give me an example so I can understand what you are saying?

Control issues are something I've noticed with all Delta NFs. I think individual circumstances can play up certain parts of a type and make them more sensitive than others e.g. in your instance of control with your mother, but on the whole it seems IEEs have a problem with control (in an Se sense of the word).
    I would love some examples on this. Since I am ENFp, and I do have a some problems with control. I thought it was circumstantial; it would be interesting to see it as type-related. Also more explanation of what you mean Se-control! I think also Fe-control i don't like.

Also, I think SLIs are usually pretty good about not controlling, but I'm sure it can vary.
    I think you are right on that. Not only my SLI husband, but also my SLI brother and father are good about not controlling. But all three can be pretty stubborn at select times! If this is true what you say about ENFps not liking controlling and ISTps not controlling, its another example of the perfect harmony of Duality.

(I think also we don't like controlling because we realize that some of the controllers are completely not getting us and they don't want to/can't.)

The focusing on the positive thing you talked about is actually exactly what I was talking about. I prefer to just get problems out in the open so I can resolve them but Delta NFs will sort of shut down. If that doesn't work they usually have a queue of tactics to avoid a problem. It drives me insane. Just different coping strategies I guess.
    Yes, coping strategy I guess. A strategy I will use if someone is annoyed and I feel they are annoyed because they misunderstood me completely, but I think they are incapable of understanding me because they either just don't get me or they are so caught up in their own irritation, I will sometimes try to completely see it from their side and apologize very specifically to their complaint while ignoring my own viewpoint for the sake of peace.

I think nagging is probably just a symptom of our intertype relation rather than an actual inherent trait to the type.
    Probably.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    But what do you mean, "Ne dominance isn't exactly known to be a harmonious"? Can you give me an example so I can understand what you are saying?
    By definition Pi is harmonious while Pe is creative. It complements my stability idea. That's all. I know tons of Ne doms who like to go to other countries and view the world and tons of Si doms who just want to settle down.

I would love some examples on this. Since I am ENFp, and I do have a some problems with control. I thought it was circumstantial; it would be interesting to see it as type-related. Also more explanation of what you mean Se-control! I think also Fe-control i don't like.
    SEEs are interested in organizing their social groups and controlling who is in and out. It's not usually in a catty way but can be if someone resists. EIEs do this too. Also, Se doms like you to comply with their social goals and activities. Ne doms just do what they want. However, I think Ne egos just have a difficulty with control in general. Examples are a bit harder. Generally, if I ask an Ne ego to do or not to do something there is no guarantee they will comply if they would rather do something else or they see it as unreasonable. The won't explain themselves either. They will just give no response and then do what they want.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol its great how these threads always turn into a competition. you guys are animals.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Great observations. I just want to mention that ESFps are called the Politician for a reason - they can be very smooth in social situations. And some ENFps can be very awkward. My ENFp friend can be quite loud and frequently makes herself the center of attention, compared to her ESFp sister (who is extremely chill and would never draw attention to herself by being loud.) The ESFp draws attention to herself with her amazing sense of style and good looks and great personality. She is charming but not fake. She never seeks out anyone at parties - people seek her out. The ENFp definitely seeks people out and then kind of forces her Ne on them. The ESFp is much more socially aware and polished. She tries unsuccessfully to help her sister tone it down so she won't face so much rejection.
    That's kind of biased by your own perception of what's likeable and what isn't...based on this description, I'd find the ENFp much more likeable. (ftr, the ESFps I know are anything but "socially smooth" over the long term, in fact one of their biggest problems is having both lots of friends and lots of enemies)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's kind of biased by your own perception of what's likeable and what isn't...based on this description, I'd find the ENFp much more likeable. (ftr, the ESFps I know are anything but "socially smooth" over the long term, in fact one of their biggest problems is having both lots of friends and lots of enemies)
    I was mostly trying to address Contra's blanket statement that ESFps were louder than ENFps, with something from my personal experience:

In a social situation an ESFp will be louder and more obviously the center of attention. ENFps can also be the center of attention but often fade into the background, engaging in private fantasizing.
    Regarding the statement below that I made:

The ESFp is much more socially aware and polished. She tries unsuccessfully to help her sister tone it down so she won't face so much rejection.
    Maybe I needed to expand on that sentence to clarify that the ENFp alienates people and drives them away with her over the top Ne. It is not just my opinion. She has very few friends, much to her sorrow. She could use more friends like you, who enjoy Ne, but she doesn't seem to be very good at finding them.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I was mostly trying to address Contra's blanket statement that ESFps were louder than ENFps, with something from my personal experience.
    I said IEEs were calmer on the surface. I think that is usually true. I just mean that SEEs are usually busier or more frenetic than IEEs in just regular face to face interaction. That doesn't necessarily translate into loud vs. quiet. I don't know which type is louder. In my experience, IEEs tend to be, but we are probably both dealing with such small sample sizes that a contradiction in opinion only speaks to the wide variety of behavior in types. So, it's hard to say anything confidently without having unanimity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    I was reading (and bored too) about this 2 type. MBTI said that ESFP are fun people, down-to-earth, and love new 'things' (music, food, whatever (information here)) . However, Wikisocions said that SEE are generally wary and mistrustful of new things, ideas, and behavior styles that they have not heard of, seen, or conceived of before., which, as I see, is completly the opposite things to MBTI's idea. Follow to this, I remember to myself that IEE are seekers of new things and generally they like to live in world of new ideas because of their , He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships.
    My question finally was, Which type in which way act more positively to new things in their life?

Maybe (and just my opinion) the SEE type likes to discover things to his own proper pace and he doesn't like that people says to him what new things are out there in the worlds.

What do you think?
    The main difference is that SEEs generally like to fit in and are traditionalists. Yes, they like new things, but those things would need to be in their comfort zone. For example, they might be excited by any new music that comes out, but that music would need to be in a genre they like, like pop or hip hop. They wouldn't necessarily gravitate toward indie music or progressive rock full of concepts. They might be into trying new restaurants, but those would also need to be within their comfort zone. For example, they might like more upscale places, but would be weary of trying some new cuisine in some hole-in-the-wall place in a part of town they are not familiar with. They'll generally gravitate toward crowds and things like parties, gyms, and concerts and traditional gathering places like church, where they can be a part of what is generally considered commonplace in society.

IEEs will frequently reject what are considered "societal norms." They will be more likely to try the odd restaurant or vibe with the music that has less mass appeal or film about a strange cultural phenomenon. You are probably less likely to find them in church and at a party they might be more likely to be engaged in a conversation on the side talking about some new concept they read about on some obscure website. They are less likely to attract attention with just their dancing or have small talk. Instead of wearing a traditional outfit they might wear something more freeing, perhaps a really odd colored shirt or a pair of shoes that sticks out. They might reject traditions or things that are commonplace. An IEE might be more likely to have a space alien themed wedding, because they will think that's funny.

But in both cases, both types will still stick to their interests. So what one considers new and fun, the other might frown at.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought:

IEE probably is the one who are searching on google to find random tips and tricks to solve problems in their daily life. They usually have wider range of knowledge and information than SEE. Somehow more interested in supernatural or science theory stuff (compare to SEE)

SEE is the heart of the party, know everything about their neighborhood drama faster than anyone (common ESFx trait I think), less naive when dealing with people (compare to IEE), could pay attention to the power dynamic of the environment if needed, and could end up as the one giving orders to other people due to having a big mouth (usually dumb orders). Don’t like theory and people talking too much about theory.

A common trait of Fi creative is they usually have a wide range of friends, especially SEE
    Last edited by Renna; 02-28-2023 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    My thought:

IEE probably is the one who are searching on google to find random tips and tricks to solve problems in their daily life. They usually have wider range of knowledge and information than SEE. Somehow more interested in supernatural or science theory stuff (compare to SEE)

SEE is the heart of the party, know everything about their neighborhood drama faster than anyone (common ESFx trait I think), less naive when dealing with people (compare to IEE), could pay attention to the power dynamic of the environment if needed, and could end up as the one giving orders to other people due to having a big mouth (usually dumb orders). Don’t like theory and people talking too much about theory.

A common trait of Fi creative is they usually have a wide range of friends, especially SEE
    It's pretty similar to what I was mentioning. Yes, I think both are into "knowledge." However, as you wrote, IEE will be more into random google and obscure knowledge, while SEE will be more into gossip, whether celebrity or in their social circles. SEE definitely don't like theory. They can be like the stereotypical dumb blonde when it comes to that (See Pam Anderson or Katy Perry talking to Neil Degrasse about astrophysics). The wanting to be in charge part about SEE is pretty true. Giving orders is also something about SEE, as they like to be in charge. "Dumb orders" may be a bit of a biased opinion, as they can be smart like anyone else, but I probably know what you are getting at. They just want to mobilize people to "do stuff" and they do have a big mouth. However, they actually tend to be the ones that need to be told what to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12