Thread: Mimosa Pudica's type

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mimosa Pudica's type

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    ... I just wanted to ask you if you think there is any possibility I might have mistyped myself IEE and in fact should have typed myself IEI...?

The reasons I keep asking myself this question is:
    1. The IEI descriptions seem to fit me a lot better than the IEE descriptions
    2. Also, I just realized that all my relations in life make much more sense if I type myself IEI:

• My 2 or 3 SLE ex-boyfriends are the ones I have had the best relations with (at least most harmonic, but maybe mentally a little boring). And almost all of my other ex-boyfriends were probably Betas.
      • My daughter, who must be my type, seems Ip-temperamental.
      • My SLE son is extremely attached to me, even though he has spent more time with his father. He loves the Fe I'm giving him.
      • My SLE father is the best support I have in life. (My ESE mother is a royal pain in the ***)
      • My LSE boss is really driving me paranoid at work. I feel like puking when thinking about him.

3. Also I just realized that what I have thought of as Fi, in reality most likely is Fe. No wonder I felt so offended by all the Fi threads telling me "my" F is judgemental.

However, some things really confuse me, and I'd like to hear your thoughts about them:
    1. People always tell me I'm outgoing. I love to talk with people, so if I ever get out of the house, I will socialize with people like a starving wolf with lambs. I thought of IEIs as much more closed and silent. I'm not so silent. Not that I'm loud, I'm just extremely talkative, at least with people I like. At times I can even be the centre of attention and when I get excited I gesticulate like an Italian. (I don't go out too often though. I'm too fond of my books and a cup of tea in my sofa. I tend to feel a little guilty I'm not more sociable.)
    2. Aslo the Beta quadra values confuse me... I feel that these two Beta values are wrong for me:
      • Beta quadra types prefer situations where the power structure and hierarchy is clearly defined according to consistent rules where ambiguities are minimized.
      • Beta quadra types are more confident analysing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects, rather than alternative and could-it-be scenarios.

The individuality and freedom of thought of the Delta quadra seem so much more "me". How do IEIs feel about this?
    3. And a last thing... I identify with the IEI descriptions more so than the IEE descriptions, but one thing I KNOW is right, is that I prefer one-on-one communication to group communication. VERY MUCH so. I read that Betas prefer large groups, and that IEEs prefer one-on-one communication. How do IEIs feel about this? An example: At a party I will typically move around and speak with people until I find one person with whom I can continue speaking with until the end of the party. I will actively seek a one-on-one communication possibility. Often I'll end up talking with someone I already know, but sometimes I can even end up talking with strangers, if only the chemistry is right.
    don't base your typing on a few lines of the descriptions. I also prefer one-on-one communication (and I think aka-kitsune does too). And I think your penchant for being a chatterbox probably just points to the face that you're Fe-subtype. I can appear very extraverted also. Just yesterday my husband was calling me the "purported introvert" since he thinks I have more friends than he does.

The part in red: I think that for me, this manifests itself in being far more adept and comfortable analyzing the real things that are going on in my life rather than, say, writing a novel with completely made-up characters (which I absolutely can't do and have no interest in doing even though I love to write. I find that characters must be based on real people and even the things they do must be based on real things that have happened. which is probably why I could never be a professional writer).

The part in blue: I think most people value "individuality and freedom of thought" and anyway I'd say that IEI or SLE would value it more than LSE, don't you? I dunno. I think parts of these descriptions can be misleading.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

I agree the descriptions MUST be misleading (as people don't seem to fit in perfectly anywhere).

When it comes to writing, I always write fiction, but the characters and their behavior patterns are based on people I have met, or even my own experiences/feelings. I have no problems with such fictional thinking.

But yes, the SLEs I know are far more "free" than the LSEs I know ....
    that writing thing must just be a weird trait of mine, I dunno. I WISH I could write fiction that was truly fictional. that's a great talent to have!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh. I love to write! I have dreamt about writing novels for as long as I can remember. Since early childhood. I have just not felt ready yet, but I have worked and saved money for years to make it possible. I'm about to start writing these days. It's so scary! What if I have no talent...? It has been a dream - my passion - for so long I'm afraid I'll fall apart if I can't do it. I wish some of you spoke my language so you could read what I write and give me advices...
    Awesome! You'll do it if you want it that badly and aren't deterred by some initial failures. What's your language?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norwegian
    Oh! wow!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I just wanted to ask you if you think there is any possibility I might have mistyped myself IEE and in fact should have typed myself IEI...?

The reasons I keep asking myself this question is:
    1. The IEI descriptions seem to fit me a lot better than the IEE descriptions
    2. Also, I just realized that all my relations in life make much more sense if I type myself IEI:
      • My 2 or 3 SLE ex-boyfriends are the ones I have had the best relations with (at least most harmonic, but maybe mentally a little boring). And almost all of my other ex-boyfriends were probably Betas.
      • My daughter, who must be my type, seems Ip-temperamental.
      • My SLE son is extremely attached to me, even though he has spent more time with his father. He loves the Fe I'm giving him.
      • My SLE father is the best support I have in life. (My ESE mother is a royal pain in the ***)
      • My LSE boss is really driving me paranoid at work. I feel like puking when thinking about him.
    3. Also I just realized that what I have thought of as Fi, in reality most likely is Fe. No wonder I felt so offended by all the Fi threads telling me "my" F is judgemental.
    These are all very strong points for IEI. Real life relationships and interactions trump tests anytime because they point to our actual use of the functions rather than the theoretical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica

However, some things really confuse me, and I'd like to hear your thoughts about them:
    1. People always tell me I'm outgoing. I love to talk with people, so if I ever get out of the house, I will socialize with people like a starving wolf with lambs. I thought of IEIs as much more closed and silent. I'm not so silent. Not that I'm loud, I'm just extremely talkative, at least with people I like. At times I can even be the centre of attention and when I get excited I gesticulate like an Italian. (I don't go out too often though. I'm too fond of my books and a cup of tea in my sofa. I tend to feel a little guilty I'm not more sociable.)
    That is stereotypical thinking of what an IEI is or is not. There are many outgoing IEI's. And an IEI feeling in good mood could easily be the center of a party courtesy of powerful Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica
    1. Aslo the Beta quadra values confuse me... I feel that these two Beta values are wrong for me:
      • Beta quadra types prefer situations where the power structure and hierarchy is clearly defined according to consistent rules where ambiguities are minimized.
      • Beta quadra types are more confident analysing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects, rather than alternative and could-it-be scenarios.
      The individuality and freedom of thought of the Delta quadra seem so much more "me". How do IEIs feel about this?
    These quadra values suck and have nothing to do with IEI values, at least not mine. For the first example, strict powerstructure and hierarchy: I despise unnecessary power structures and stiffling hierarchies, beaurocracies etc. The second example: This completely disregards the Ni of IEI's. IEI's can be extremely good analysts due to their powerful Ni and find new ways to solve problems and come up with unconventional solutions. IEI's often work in settings where they can put their powerful intuition to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pidoca

And a last thing... I identify with the IEI descriptions more so than the IEE descriptions, but one thing I KNOW is right, is that I prefer one-on-one communication to group communication. VERY MUCH so. I read that Betas prefer large groups, and that IEEs prefer one-on-one communication. How do IEIs feel about this? An example: At a party I will typically move around and speak with people until I find one person with whom I can continue speaking with until the end of the party. I will actively seek a one-on-one communication possibility. Often I'll end up talking with someone I already know, but sometimes I can even end up talking with strangers, if only the chemistry is right.
    This is very much me as well. I do not prefer large groups for the sake of large groups. I by far prefer to talk one to one, usually after a while at parties I often find myself with one person I can have a deeper conversation with, and then I'll talk to that person for hours on end (boyfriends have been known to get jealous when I'm talking to girls, the conversation can get pretty deep and intense). Superficial mingling is not my cup of tea really. Bores me to tears usually.
    Last edited by Wittmont; 10-05-2008 at 12:03 AM.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I've said before, my first impression of you was EIE. IEI is possible, but if you are considering Beta, I feel that I should voice the possibility of EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the temperaments can be hit and miss.

But, whether as EIE or IEI, it looks like we're getting Mimosa! *throws contti*
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    Ah, the temperaments can be hit and miss.

But, whether as EIE or IEI, it looks like we're getting Mimosa! *throws contti*
    You know, sometimes its uncanny how good I am at spotting Beta NFs...

*throws a big I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO at the forum*

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to make this too complicated, but I would have a severe heart attack if it were suddenly announced that I was an introtim, and yet, just to give you an idea of how VASTLY oversimplifying those definitions are:

Extrovert:

Are involved in what is happening outside and around them - YES.
    Are open and often talkative - Talkative, YES; Open - NO.
    Compare own opinions with the opinions of others - Eh, somewhat.
    Readily share personal information with strangers - Depends. I might share every personal information with some strangers and other people I've worked with for years might know NOTHING personal about me. Depends on how I feel about everything: the topic, the information, you, the situation etc
    Like to be the center of attention - Yes and No: again, situational - my SEE friend (very close) was convinced for many years that I was a social introvert because my apathy to attention was beyond belief.
    Like action and initiative - YES
    Easily make new friends or adapt to a new group - Um. Not really. I can adapt superficially well enough and maintain pleasant shallow acquaintances because I have rather nice manners and am not socially inept, but I wouldn't say making new friends easily is something I do very well. I suspect creative Fi people are much better at this.
    Easily break unwanted relations - It's not easy and sometimes I can't break them

Introvert:
    Are immersed in own world of thoughts and feelings - OFTEN
    Often appear reserved and quiet - Again, often. Thoughtful, always. Reserved, without question. Quiet less so. I'm known for having my barriers up very tightly.
    Enjoy privacy and solitude - Yes. Not all the time, but of course I do. I like spending at least one day a week completely alone to read and write and think and all that stuff.
    Do not like to be disturbed - YES. Anyone who disturbs when I am otherwise occupied will get something thrown at them.
    Have difficulties with making new contacts - Again, I'm great professionally; personally, I'm not so good..
    Usually do not have many friends - Um...I have a very small group of very close friends and a wider circle of acquaintances/decent friends, so it's a question of degree.
    Like to observe and study other people and their relationships - YES. HUGELY. Why is this even an introtim thing? Eh, I guess it depends how you spin it...
    Prefer fewer but deeper interactions with people - YES. YES. YES. Which doesn't mean I don't like people, but just - isn't that the sole purpose of close relationships? That we enjoy them? And we cultivate them over other relationships?
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You know, sometimes its uncanny how good I am at spotting Beta NFs...

*throws a big I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO at the forum*
    Do you have any more? One's that currently don't think they're beta NF?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Do you have any more? One's that currently don't think they're beta NF?
    Maybe.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mimosa, I wrote this to someone else on PM about being an outgoing introvert. I don't know if it's relevant to your search for type, and it's something I've come up with to explain myself according to the model, rather than being something I'm certain is theoretically sound (so others, please feel free to critique).

But working on the assumption I am correctly typed as an introvert, I'd have to disagree with many of the descriptions of introversion. OK, sure, this is also influenced by being an assertive enneagram type (E8). I have no problem going up and introducing myself to people. If I need to interject in a conversation, I can do so easily. I don't need 'help' in social situations to feel comfortable. With regards to all of the surface, observable traits I don't think I would appear to be 'introverted'. This is partly due to my upbringing and my chosen field. My ESE-Fe mother has always emphasised being a strong, assertive woman to me, that I *must* make the effort in social situations. I've grown up watching her act in her Fe-base way around other people, and inevitably have tried to mimic some of that.

Being Ij for me is rather about where my energy is focused. I'm very self-contained. I like other people, I like being around people, but I don't need other people in any way to define myself. Unefille has mentioned that when she's alone for long periods of time, she sort of floats apart a little, and needs other people around to sort of delineate herself. My self 'awareness' and identity comes entirely internally. But yeah, I'm content being by myself. Being sociable is a choice, not an imperative.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My self knowledge comes through a concerted process of self-examination and the subjectivisation of the self, as opposed to being a given, like it is for idolatrie. In a sense then, I know myself the same way I know anyone else - through observations of my own behaviour, feelings, reactions through time; the aggregation of those expreriences and formulation of general conclusions and inferences from that. The critical difference is that I have more prolonged and constant exposure to myself as a subject than I do other people, since my contact with other people will always be more limited than contact with myself, so I have more evidence of 'me'.

To address the (unspoken) argument that self-knowledge is derived externally (for extroverts): anyone can observe me as much as I observe myself (although if they did I would be majorly freaked out). This is why I give credence to what other people say about me, because what's different between them and I is not a question of 'special access' or 'hidden insight', but simply that I have more evidence over time than they do. Thus whilst they can provide a good analysis of my behaviour in one given moment, or within a limited context, I can contextualise it over the narrative of my entire life. Thus I am the ultimate arbiter of the usefulness of someone else's observations, but the fact that they are external does not diminish their truth-value in the limited context.
    Last edited by unefille; 10-06-2008 at 03:34 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you are gloating too early. I'll throw you a big freaking "YES YOU DID" IF I decide to change my typing. I doubt it though, as I don't really know how to proceed to find out for sure anymore. I'll probably just stay "some NF-type".
    No, I think you will probably stay. Just my opinion though.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ehum... you say you observe yourself to know yourself... lol??

I would say I observe others, I am me.
    Sure. Journal keeping, talking, letter writing, writing fiction - that is all the endless production of who I am. I said to a philosophy professor when I was 16 that the notion of Self seem illusory if we were truly independent entities. Where do I begin and end? What are the boundaries of who I am? And what does this I do? The presumption that we 'know ourselves' without requiring to undertake an process of discovery has always struck me as false. Why should we know ourselves, what gives this knowledge? It doesn't bother me that other people aren't the same.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you challenging me?
    No, just waiting. I have no proof with which to challenge you; I just think you are Beta NF because that is my general impression of you in reference to Socionics. But according to you, only time will tell, and its your game so you set the rules. Carry on.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I relate to that, it all sounds very IEI to me. Except SLEs do not bore me! They tottaly amp me up, and I am very bored by a lot of people cause I am all depressed atm, but the SLEs tottaly get me going ^-^. Oh my, I have to start a post about that!

Hmm, Ezra showed me Wikisocion , & I was reading about the difference between extroverts & introverts and the only difference is what they focus on - there are introverts that 'seem much more extroverted' that extroverts, as in they are more social.

I love people, I just am rather shy and don't have much energy to always chat, but my friends would for sure say I was extrovert, I get all chatty and crazy around them...

Also I don't want to punch you in the face. So its a pretty good sign that you mistyped. (Not that I ever would, its just sometimes those INFjs make me maddd).

!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    but the SLEs totally get me going
    same.
    IEI-Fe 4w3