View Poll Results: How does V.I. work?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • V.I. is not possible without other methods.

1 11.11%
  • V.I. is only possible by analyzing facial expressions and body language.

5 55.56%
  • V.I. is also possible by analyzing facial features, bodily frame, size of hands etc.

3 33.33%

Thread: How does VI work?

Hybrid View

nah...It DOES WORK...if you're good at sensing. especially extroverted sensing.

well...I'm sorry I guess it works only for certain types..hehehe (<douchey comment)

lemme make my point:

last 3 girls I've been with, I've visually typed from a distance...and been completely accurate.

now everywhere I go, everyone I meet, I visually type.

and then I find out, by getting to know them..if I'm right.

and 90% of the time, I am.

it works...just work on your Se, I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think it's a bunch of vague , really. You meet people, you get a sense of their personality, you form a generalised template of how a type looks, how they move, how they talk. When you meet someone new you compare their appearance to the templates and pick which one fits the best.
    I agree - I share a simmilar approach which is, as I believe a NF way of typing . Sort of bulding a database of archetypes of socionics and matching people to these standards.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehenrybob View Post
    nah...It DOES WORK...if you're good at sensing. especially extroverted sensing.

well...I'm sorry I guess it works only for certain types..hehehe (<douchey comment)
    According to socionics everyone has his own way of perceiving the reality. The reality includes all kind of information which can possibly tell us about some aspect of it. A person to be typed sends us all possible kinds of information (all 8 socionical aspects). And as we all operate on different mechanisms (functions), we all use different approaches - none of them are better or worse by themselves. Only the way we use them can give them quality.

I've heard different kind of things about socionics and typing people and many statements were exaggerated - like if you have in your ego block then you should be good at 'reading' people. Whereas my /// have proved themselves right many, many times.

But then - the biggest bias, and black hole in the whole socionics is that there is NO objective way of telling someone's type and so there will always be those who "know better" even if they're wrong.
    Until we find a way to make socionics a real thing we can argue about it to the day we die .