Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
Quote Originally Posted by NekoBus
Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
the question, how does socionics reconcile our here and now experience of consciousness with the functions, is similar to the question, is the psyche really differentiated as augusta claims. what i mean by that is, if the psyche is differentiated, then why is our here and now experience of consciousness a unity?
Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Do you feel schizophrenic when you do? Can you not think within the context of a feeling? Do feelings not inform the directions of your thoughts? You and most of the rest of this board overemphisize the functions in isolation. They are just shorthand for things we are so intimately familiar with that by giving them names we gain insight of comparison at the risk of exoticizing and over-reifying.
that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.
An important point actually.
Made me happy.

Thing is, there is no basis for claiming that such an appropriation happens of a neurological level. Nevertheless it does seem to happen on the cognitive level. Meaning... The appropriation is something of a useful illusion. The totality of the "thoughts" that happen in the brain can never be understood conciously.
i think there is a basis for claiming that appropriation occurs on a neurological level, namely the scientifically accepted notion that all cognition has a neurological counterpart. i will go further and say that the appropriation and subsequent being are not the illusion or facade, but instead the concepts that precede such being are the facade.