Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    Cheers, just a random update on my column. Nice to see this place is still going on. Maintains a bit of constancy and faith in the world.

I just moved to the capital and expect to finish my surgery training in the next couple of years. Sadly had to leave my gf due to the move. Still hoping she'll join me later, but who knows.

Restarted doing research. More fun brain imaging equipment lying around than I can shake a stick at.

On socionics front I'm still trying to get better at quick typing. I found a new hobby of typing CBS Survivor participants. I saw there were some threads but rather incomplete ones or if there was a complete one, I didn't find it. Anyway, I might or might not surprise you people with another catalogue thread some time. For fun. To reiterate, for fun, not doing this intensely (checking and rechecking etc.)

That's all methinks. Just touching base. Have a good one y'all.

Here's a collection of some of my guesses
    Winners:
    Richard Hatch Borneo ENTJ (really obvious)
    Tina Wesson Australia (No immediate hunch, would have to rewatch)
    Ethan Zohn Africa ENFp
    Vecepia Towery Marquesas INTj
    Brian Heidik Thailand ENTj
    Jenna Morasca Amazon ISTp
    Sandra Diaz-Twine Pearl Islands ESTp
    Chris Daugherty Vanuatu ENTp
    Tom Westman Palau ISFp
    Danni BoatwrightS INFp
    Yul Kwon Cook islands INTj
    Earl Cole Fiji ESTj
    Todd Herzog China ENTp
    Robert "Bob" Crowley Gabon INTp
    James "J.T." Thomas, Tocantins ISTj
    Natalie White Samoa ESFp

Amber Brkich All-stars INFp
    Parvati Shallow Micronesia INFj

Other contestants (for obvious reasons):
    Russell Hantz Samoa ESTj-Te
    Benjamin "Coach" Wade Tocantins ENFj-Fe
    Ace Gordon g Gabon ENTj-Ni
    Andria (Dre) "Dreamz" Herd Fiji ESFj-Si
    Jonathan Penner Cook Islands ENTj-Ni
    Ian Rosenberger Palau ESFj
    Twila Tanner Vanuatu ESTj-Te
    Rupert Boneham Pearl Islands ESTj-Si
    Rob Cesternino Amazon ENTj
    Susan "Sue" Hawk Borneo ESTj-Te

Are these people in sports? If yes then N's can not compete with S's; we arn't quick enough, strong enough, or fast enough.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Are these people in sports? If yes then N's can not compete with S's; we arn't quick enough, strong enough, or fast enough.
    Some of them are involved with sports. Both Benjamin Wade and Ethan Zohn are intuitives who are involved with soccer. But mostly these people are involved with the social sport of "Survivor" reality game show.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, I wonder how this will turn out.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay, Ojos Sonrientes is back .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, you're back! any chance you'd pick sth that's not such bad tv..? no offense meant, i just can't watch reality shows. cheers

Uh, well, the only meaningful tv material to analyze is stuff without a script, so what's left? Analyzing sports? Talk shows? Televized cabinet sessions? Doesn't seem as good. The very core of the Survivor show is about forming social relationships, alliances, trust and breaking them. That, if anything, is great material for socionics analysis.

I can't really agree on it being bad tv either. 20 seasons in the US, syndicated and sold as a format to who knows how many countries. Voted "the most influential show of the 2000 decennium" (or something like that), with massive audiences (at least in the beginning), creating a new tv genre. That's a success story. That's good tv in my book. But I agree that as entertainment, it's kind of uninteresting and I find it almost impossible to watch an entire episode (watching the challenges is particularly boring.)
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    On socionics front I'm still trying to get better at quick typing.
    I'm not a VI proponent, but i've noticed the more people I type the more I notice some similarities between them.

The issue with VI though - if it's purely facial, i've noticed is the actual looking at a person. Well, looking at someone gives them the wrong idea unless it's nothing more than a cursory glance. They make think I fancy them (female), I want to fight them (male) or I fancy them (male).

I've been working in different teams of late in relation to my job, so more people is increasing my typing abilities. Probably answer is like most things...experience experience experience...meet more and more dudes and dudettes.

However, there's a lot to be gained from watching someones actions. I've noticed ENFp's can tend to be somewhat ungraceful when they walk, they sort of plod from A to B for instance, yet somehow get there. Not that little cues like that actually make a type, but I find that it is useful enough to give a cursory consideration - it can just as easily be discarded on interaction with the person, nothing particularly lost in that respect.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm not a VI proponent, but i've noticed the more people I type the more I notice some similarities between them.
    Which is how it should be. You realize what things are actually related to socionics, and what things aren't. And you can see how those socionics related things manifest themselves. . .
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.