Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
ive read in intj descriptions about they "train themselves for the cold." this sounds kind of -ish to me... do intjs relate to this? what does the description mean by this?
I relate to it, figuratively.

It comes about from a mentality of scarcity. I believe that INTj's prepare to live with few resources (income, support from others) because they feel they don't have power over their environment.

Saving, doing with less, and detachment are the most dependable defenses against unpredictable threats to seemingly fragile emotions and ego. After all, they only involve control of oneself.

With weak Se and F, INTj's doubt their ability to influence others or the surroundings. Going 'Te' to manipulate a situation to one's benefit is seen as too risky and even distasteful (trying to cheat the natural laws gets back at you eventually).

Interestingly, the INTj seems to share this trait, preparing oneself for the harshness of reality, with Se leading types. The difference is that the Se POLR type has an exaggerated fear and defensiveness towards outside 'bad things that might happen', even if those things have never happened to them.

While Se types, to my impression, learn caution only through hard won experience. They are expanding and pushing the boundaries, until they eventually have to face elements they can't control.