Thread: SEI from the eyes of ILE (ISFp-ENTp)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI from the eyes of ILE (ISFp-ENTp)

Last edited by lemontrees; 01-21-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    So...what do ILEs get out of SEI's?
    Well, it's an educated guess, but I'd say: someone who provides lots of comfort food and actually appreciates their autism.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They get someone who takes them out to experience a sensory world; you may remember how the thinking ENTp Einstein used to remove himself from society and roominate, well, an SEI takes them out with their caring nature.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Kent Lorne; 08-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Lorne View Post

I am not ILE or SEI so I could be completely wrong, but from what I have seen, and do correct me if I am wrong... like you feel Ne provides you with possibilities and opens your mind like a shaft of light in a dark cave, taking a way fears and limitations of reality.... the Ne requires a cave in return. When you experience Si to such an extent it can start creating that dark cave feeling, Ne too with excess time spent in it's world can feel like it's not grounded in it's senses? Wonderful ideas are streaming along in it's consciousness and the ideas keep coming and coming and coming.... and suddenly the clouds darken and the tummy rumbles, there is thirst, inability to close one's eyes! And just cold dark storm. Now it sees YOUR Si cave as a cave with warm decor, warm lights, food and sense memory takes place rather than unbridled possibilities. Suddenly the ILE is not dying! The food feels good, the music feels good, the couch is really comfy for a nice warm nap... by your beautiful self! And it all soothes the Ne. Next morning the ILE is nice and refreshed! Ready for a new day with new ideas! And it's time for you to leave your cave and jump on that hot balloon!

(:
    Yes, it's very much like that. I love your beautiful dark cave analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Lorne View Post

At work I have seen ILE come up with great ideas but it's the SEI who brings aesthetic value. From what I have seen with them... without the SEI the ILEs work seems a bit... unfinished. And too many ideas sometimes jump around and the SEI keeps listening and picks the best one out of them and starts working on that. The ILE then zeros on what the SEI has chosen and continues working on it further and the SEI keeps creating more aesthetic value to the ideas. Basically I see her finishing his ideas. But I have seen the roles reverse a lot, but it's different, this time the SEI is just instinctually working on the project and it's ideas come from it's aesthetic understanding and it keeps going and going and the ILE is watching and trying to understand what ideas the work the SEI has done, represents. And he gives the SEI a sense of understanding of what she is instinctually and through sensory pleasure and feel .... automatically doing. And she kind of picks up on his idea and further completes it. Does this make sense? Do you relate to any of this? This is what I have seen with a team at work. ( Initially I think the SEI felt the ILE was a little unkept too! And a bit loud and opinionated! (And he was...haha). But I think once they started working together, they seemed to just naturally work very well. Very synchronized. It was like watching two paint brushes working on their canvas!

(:
    This is very true. I often think of Si as a kind of aesthetic intuition... when writing or making a piece of art or creating anything, really, it often feels like I don't know what I'm doing, exactly, but I can naturally keep on building and putting things together and I trust myself to do it well. Because I can't see the big picture until I finish, it's a kind of "blindness," which makes it feel intuitive (in non-socionics terms) in the sense that it's a kind of creative instinct.

But there comes a point where I naturally start to look at everything I'm doing with a critical eye, and I begin to aggressively cut things down and Si perfectionism kicks in. The feeling of freedom is gone. Suddenly it's like all the structures I've created, I'm actually destroying in my act of whittling down, but I'm so good at "correcting" that I just keep on going. It's dangerous too, because that "correction," unlike the stage of generation, is a highly conscious area of competence--unlike the "aesthetic instinct," it feels stronger because I understand it on a very practical and logical level. For that very reason, it can become a little ruthless.

This is where, I think, Ne might come in and fix things. Rather than allowing Si to continuously whittling down on one point until it becomes nothing, Ne shows all a) all the ideas and structures that have been created already through Si instinct, and b) all the progressive possibilities that are now existant having reached that particular point. It forces the Si to move forward. I think Ne opens up a new box of futures at each "stage" of time, and then the Si makes one of those futures into the current reality in a "punctuated leap" sort of way, and at that stage Ne comes in with an entire new box of possible futures.

I had a close ILE female friend at some point who, like me, was very invested in writing poems. We would meet at a pie shop sometimes and eat scones and look at each others' work! We were both very ambitious and somehow naturally felt that the advice given to us from the other was more directly useful than the advice given to us by others. What would usually happen is, she would look at my stuff and I'd be like "I put in so much work but it was weirdly subconscious I have no idea what I did or if it works!" And she'd be like "I know you can't see this but these structures you've created across these several pages...they're actually interacting with each other in such and such a complicated way" etc, or "no don't do that thing, it'll destroy X and Y" and it would help me and I could move forward. Then she would show me her stuff, and she would always be worried that the imagistic detail she used didn't "hold up" and I would show her how her complicated intellectual metaphors actually had a direct correspondence in physical reality, etc, and she usually trusted me completely.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 02-21-2012 at 09:14 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad it helped! I wish I understood my own dual relationship with my SLE just as well. No matter how much I know.... I still feel like I don't know anything about SLE - IEI duality. I have such a paranoia and fear of the relationship it's insane. Maybe it sounds too good to be true so I am trying to make it sound frightful? I keep thinking the worst consequences of the relationship. Murphy's law for duality! Never loved and feared a creature so equally...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another metaphor that may fit is that ILE is a restless traveler (mentally at least) and Si base of SEI is the warm home, the only place where he would cared to and could stop and relax.

Si perfectionism kicks in
    My guess is that it is not Si, but your conscious but not too proficient Ni. You start running ideas in to the ground with it, and feel trapped when you run out of them. Which is fast if there is no Ne provided.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know those descriptions about how sometimes ILEs have really crazy ideas that people don't understand or believe until years later?

When he was alive, my ILE best friend was convinced in "the future of ____" a lot. His ideas were exciting, and often endearing, but often times I was skeptical or even scared that he was totally out of touch with reality. My reaction was partially also b/c he had mental health issues. Sometimes I was terrified that he couldn't always tell the difference b/t fantasy and reality and was trying to suck me in with him.

Anyway, one of these things that he believed in was the healing powers of ketamine, which I thought was just a bullshit myth. I kept trying to talk him out of it b/c I was worried about his health. He had done extensive research on it and was convinced it was the depression drug of the future. He started injecting himself with it more regularly in the name of "medicine." He had some idea about writing essays about how it was going to change medicine and sending these essays to medical research institutions b/c he was convinced these institutions weren't taking its properties seriously enough. (For obvious reasons, I didn't think this was a very solid idea.)

Anyway, I just read this article:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012...es?sc=fb&cc=fp

Not to say that NPR is the be-all end all, or that he wasn't truly crazy about some things, (or maybe i was too closed minded in this case?) but...even given those things, I'm so happy for him that he's now (in death) validated in some way about this one thing that he kept trying to get everyone else to believe.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really amazing lemontrees. I am glad he is validated too. I can completely understand feeling scared for someone like that. But I think sometimes people just got to stick with it. I mean that's how all our greats... poets, writers, scientists, artists... through bad bad bad times... through tonnes of doubt and confusion, it all just worked out. Some of the stories I read about scientists and the pain and misery they went through because of several factors, sometimes the church it's... it's horrifying that they still stuck on. But they did. I think there was no choice in the matter. That life was far more organic to them, than living anything else. I don't mean the pain part, more the invention and ideas part. We all benefit so much by them today.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I love a ILE's Ne. It calms me down. I've seen Ne ego's refer to their Ne as a source of stress and anxiety; I suppose it's like they see lots of possibilities and it clutters their head and they need someone to help them focus? For me, it's really the opposite--particularly when under stress, it's like I'm really good at seeing potential pitfalls in people's ideas or why certain ways of looking at the world are too abstract or why plans won't work out. Even a small dose of Ne can make me feel less trapped--it's feels like I'm often whittling the world down until it's really, really small and I can stare at that small, whittled down thing right in the eye, but I don't know how to zoom back out again. Ne feels like freedom and possibility.
    I like this, it's very similar to what I had written in a couple of my threads before, how Si is able to see what potential ideas will actually work.

I appreciate your making a thread like this, to highlight your appreciation of your duals. Even though we're semi-duals, it's good to know people out there appreciate my Ne. Sometimes it can feel stressful, with one idea after another, and I get a strong feeling others tend to be worn out sometimes by this ongoing idea generation, when I want to share everything on my mind. I'm glad to know there are people out there who appreciate the freedom and brainstorming.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't really know what I like about SEI, I think I hate them less.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I don't really know what I like about SEI, I think I hate them less.
    Instead of being insulted and taking this personally, they would laugh and find this comment endearing.

Joke of the Day (unrelated but I really want to share):
    Q: Where do you send a Jewish kid with ADHD?

Concentration camp!